EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Collision detection due to a fighter jet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2023 | 06:43 PM

EQS
Collision detection due to a fighter jet

At least that's my guess. We were at a flight museum right by an airport and an FA-18 took off (always a spectacle to watch there). Few minutes later I got a notification saying car detected slight collision but the collision warning wasn't showing any direction. The parked cars around us didn't change either and I couldn't see any damage on the car.
I am guessing the sound wave caused the sensors to trigger. The airport is otherwise used by small private jets or small propeller planes which are not loud enough.
Old 06-11-2023 | 10:17 PM

EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
At least that's my guess. We were at a flight museum right by an airport and an FA-18 took off (always a spectacle to watch there). Few minutes later I got a notification saying car detected slight collision but the collision warning wasn't showing any direction. The parked cars around us didn't change either and I couldn't see any damage on the car.
I am guessing the sound wave caused the sensors to trigger. The airport is otherwise used by small private jets or small propeller planes which are not loud enough.
Is there any way of determining the exact time the FA-18 took off. The collision report in the app will have a time stamp on it. When I received a collision notification in the middle of the night I checked the surveillance camera video and saw a bear in the yard at the same time of the collision notification. We assumed that the Akita barking startled the bear and it ran into the EQS SUV as it ran out of the yard,
Old 06-11-2023 | 10:50 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by fgwinn
Is there any way of determining the exact time the FA-18 took off. The collision report in the app will have a time stamp on it. When I received a collision notification in the middle of the night I checked the surveillance camera video and saw a bear in the yard at the same time of the collision notification. We assumed that the Akita barking startled the bear and it ran into the EQS SUV as it ran out of the yard,
Unfortunately flightradar app doesn't show military flights so can't check the exact time but I had taken a photo just before hearing the jet and it's timestamp is couple minutes before the collision alert. So it is a very good chance they are related.