EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

MBUX Interface crashing on EQS 580 SUV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 580 SUV
MBUX Interface crashing on EQS 580 SUV?

I just got the car last week... so far it has crashed 3-4 times. once when I was driving and the navigation was in the middle of talking... everything went dark and then the Mercedes logo came up on the center screen. Then it happened while I was at a drive through - all the park distance sensors started beeping and it reset. And it did it today while I was doing one of the energizing comfort programs.

Very strange, I have never seen this kind of thing before - it feels like the car is not ready for prime time. I am the original owner, car has around 600 miles on it now.

I also periodically get a message to check the front left parking light, I hit OK and it says to check front left driving light. I hit OK again and it goes away for a few days.

Obviously will call dealership but has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Old 01-25-2024, 12:01 PM

Received 258 Likes on 152 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by HYDRA-B
I just got the car last week... so far it has crashed 3-4 times. once when I was driving and the navigation was in the middle of talking... everything went dark and then the Mercedes logo came up on the center screen. Then it happened while I was at a drive through - all the park distance sensors started beeping and it reset. And it did it today while I was doing one of the energizing comfort programs.

Very strange, I have never seen this kind of thing before - it feels like the car is not ready for prime time. I am the original owner, car has around 600 miles on it now.

I also periodically get a message to check the front left parking light, I hit OK and it says to check front left driving light. I hit OK again and it goes away for a few days.

Obviously will call dealership but has anyone else experienced anything similar?
My EQS 450 4Matic SUV experienced the same left parking light and left driving light error messages you describe. I saw these messages when I first took delivery of the car in October 2022. During the Summer the messages did not appear. When the temperatures dropped at the end of 2023 I started seeing the error messages again. It turned out that the problem was a defective left headlight assembly which was replaced under warranty. Cost to replace the headlight assembly if it was not under warranty would have been $2700. Hope this info helps.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon; 2003 Land Cruiser
Dash went dark for about two seconds today on my way home from work. First time this happened and I have about 7800 miles on the 450 4Matic.

It was just a quick blip -- nothing earth shattering, but not normal either.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:27 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
I think MB might have done a beta update over the air. Just the other day, Mercedes only response from the Hey Mercedes was, "Sorry, something went wrong." I just chalked it up to common glitches. But if you are getting repeated reboots and screen black outs, record it on your camera if possible. Dealers will take you more seriously if you can show them a video or picture of the error as it occurs.