EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Build Date

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
I was very pleased to receive a call from the general manager at my dealer this morning. He told me that there is finally a build date for the EQS580 I ordered several months ago. It will be in January which means I should have the car in February. I ordered the Pinnacle Trim with almost all options. I was told that the only option not available is the comfort doors. I can live without that. It will have the Augmented Reality HUD and many other options which I really wanted.
The following 2 users liked this post by AppleFan1:
jackinhs (10-30-2021), JoeMa (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
I was very pleased to receive a call from the general manager at my dealer this morning. He told me that there is finally a build date for the EQS580 I ordered several months ago. It will be in January which means I should have the car in February. I ordered the Pinnacle Trim with almost all options. I was told that the only option not available is the comfort doors. I can live without that. It will have the Augmented Reality HUD and many other options which I really wanted.
Very Nice! I am hoping for the same call too, I hope I get that call next week. I do want the comfort doors but I am happy to hear that the AR HUD is a go for production.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:18 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
2022 EQS 450
My 450 was built two weeks ago and still has no boat name for transit. Has anyone been tracking their EQS for a ship date or possible delivery date?
Old 11-08-2021, 06:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Tesla Model S
No shipping updates on my 580 built in the middle of October.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:39 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Jaguar XKRS, Audi S8, Chevrolet Z06, Tesla Model S, Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by paladin732
I wonder if they are going east to west in terms of allocations
I have been searching online for allocation information for MB but I haven't found anything. When I ordered my C7 Z06 in 2015, I went through Kerbeck in NJ because I knew it had the most allocations. At that time, GM allocated new corvettes based on how many corvettes a dealership had sold the previous year. So the largest corvette dealership by sales in the US was Kerbeck in NJ. Also in addition to a certain number of vehicles, the dealerships were also given allocation time windows. So if a dealer only got two vehicles allocated, and their allocation windows were 1st week of November and 2nd week of the following January, they would have to place their orders at those times or loose that allocation. Also since they were given weeks, this also meant that if a carbon fiber roof was under constraint in November, that dealer would have to place an order without that option. If Mercedes dealerships also have time allocations, this would explain how some folks could have made a deposit earlier but been given a later build date. In addition, I believe that selling new electric vehicles may have additional constraints, dealership must have installed chargers and trained service technicians.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EQS Sedan, W222, W221, W220
Curious about the build dates people are discussing here. Are these for the specific cars that dealers were already allocated?
My dealer had certain cars allocated, but you could not pick the color. Since I wanted blue exterior, I had to place a custom order that was not one of their pre-allocated slots.
Anyone had a situation like that and already got a build date?
Thx.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Tesla Model S
Mine was a dealer allocation car. But, it was the color combination that I would have custom ordered. So, worked out well.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
taycan turbo
Originally Posted by DBGator
Curious about the build dates people are discussing here. Are these for the specific cars that dealers were already allocated?
My dealer had certain cars allocated, but you could not pick the color. Since I wanted blue exterior, I had to place a custom order that was not one of their pre-allocated slots.
Thx.
mine is Feb.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by DBGator
Thx.
I placed a custom order for the EQS580 way back in June. I finally got a build date of late January about 3-4 weeks ago. I ordered the Pinacle option pretty much loaded. The only options that are not available are the auto soft closing doors and the active ambient lighting.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:55 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
2022 EQS 450
Delayed gratification or none at all ? My 450 was built three weeks ago and I thought it was probably at the port awaiting a ship. But it is still in Sindelfingen probably waiting for a chip to be retro installed. Maybe I will get it by Christmas, maybe even Christmas this year. In normal times, three weeks from build date to delivery at the dealer. Covid, chips and labor issues have created monumental problems for MB, dealers and customers with no clear end to the issues.
The following users liked this post:
Soulman (11-13-2021)