EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Would I be pushing it if I......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 11:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi
Would I be pushing it if I......

I've never bought a Mercedes before....very seriously considering the 450+. A few dealerships in the Houston area seem to have 450+ allocations. It "seems" like no (or very few) customers are taking those allocations...maybe due to several constraints or maybe waiting for the 580. So, my question....should I consider negotiating below MSRP on my 450+ order? I suppose I could try and worst...they say no. But, I'd like comment from any seasoned MB car buyers - would I simply be wasting my time? Thanks, Dave
Old 11-29-2021, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 849 Likes on 543 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by dhilbe
I've never bought a Mercedes before....very seriously considering the 450+. A few dealerships in the Houston area seem to have 450+ allocations. It "seems" like no (or very few) customers are taking those allocations...maybe due to several constraints or maybe waiting for the 580. So, my question....should I consider negotiating below MSRP on my 450+ order? I suppose I could try and worst...they say no. But, I'd like comment from any seasoned MB car buyers - would I simply be wasting my time? Thanks, Dave
you could try. I would imagine though that you need a dealer from a slow market to get that deal. Houston probably has too many keen buyers.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
I would simply just state that you'll only take MSRP, worst they do is say no. In this current market, I can't think of a reason they would take under MSRP for a brand new product, they'd probably prefer to let it sit and wait for a buyer than sell it immediately under MSRP. If you have a great trade, a dealer may be willing to work with you on getting MSRP but it'll be tricky. 450's are less desirable in certain regions with snow, so maybe those dealers will also maybe try to work with you? Its hard to know in this current market, you'll just have to make a bunch of calls I guess.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi
The good news...they already committed to selling to me for MSRP +$450 dealer fees.....seems very reasonable.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by dhilbe
The good news...they already committed to selling to me for MSRP +$450 dealer fees.....seems very reasonable.
That's probably the best you'll get in this market, I'd stick with them on that.