EQS EQS (V297) sedan

EQS vs Lucid Air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 11:29 AM

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
2020 E53 CABRIOLET 2021 S580 (TRADED), 2023 EQS580 SEDAN SEDAN
Originally Posted by kajtek1
I am late to the party as I don't belong between members who can put multiple deposits on $200k cars, but my son builds Lucid and the company makes him working 10 hr a day, 7 days a week just to keep up with demands.
I get it that electric cars are different animals than those with combustion engines, but Lucid beats even million dollars Bugatti in performance.
When I never did own 2-second car, I did own few 6-second cars and eventually sold them, mostly because my wife on passenger seat would panic when I used the acceleration, so did several male passengers.
That kind of performance is not for everybody and just check "Idiot Corvette drivers" channels on youtube, how many people buy cars they can't handle.
Anyway, just for the kicks, almost a year ago I put $300 deposit on $70k Lucid model. Getting some feedback from son, I did not believe that model will ever see assemble lane.
When company sells production of $170k models year in advance, why would they bother to build cheaper models? Who doesn't agree?
But seems like cheaper models might come to the play in next year, so when I am happy with my 60 mpg Bluetec Mercedes, I love cars and whenever I can afford, I get newer models.
So maybe the dispute will move to E-class section next year?
Good luck with your purchases.
The World's Quickest Cars: Lucid Air Sapphire v Bugatti Chiron v Tesla Plaid - Cammisa's Drag Race - YouTube

The Lucid Air Sapphire is considerably more than $200,000, I see Lucid now has inventory and giving their employees rather large discounts. I believe their stock was at a very respectable $55.00 High, they are now $7.32 Given the investment horizon of 90 days and your above-average risk tolerance, our recommendation regarding Lucid Group is 'Strong Sell. I had a order in on a Lucid Air GT, it is fast and excellent range but being 6'3" it was very difficult getting in and out of that very low roof line (door opening), Have a 2023 EQS580, very happy and fast, not as fast as Lucid but fast.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,394 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Originally Posted by ALANPRIEBE
The Lucid Air Sapphire is considerably more than $200,000, I see Lucid now has inventory and giving their employees rather large discounts..
My son can't get any discount. I already check.
When he doesn't want to say what exactly he does, he is at least a leadman with the company.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:37 PM

My son can't get any discount. I already check.
When he doesn't want to say what exactly he does, he is at least a leadman with the company.
I don't believe the discount pertain to employee and family, just the employee but what I read the Air GT $154,000, employees get for $139,000 (original price before raise). They never really said certain employees, just employees?
Old 12-21-2022, 01:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes S550
Isn’t the EQS low also? I haven’t seen the Lucid in person, but I understand that it’s lower than the Tesla Model S.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ormond2004
Isn’t the EQS low also? I haven’t seen the Lucid in person, but I understand that it’s lower than the Tesla Model S.
The EQS is low but nothing like the Lucid. When I pulled up to an owners Lucid I was in my 2021 S580, my eyes rolled back seeing how low it was (the cars is normal, the roof looks like it was chopped). Then getting in it confirmed with the lump on my skull, I would not live with that vehicle very long.
The following 2 users liked this post by ALANPRIEBE:
Ormond2004 (12-24-2022), Paul106 (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 08:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I am late to the party as I don't belong between members who can put multiple deposits on $200k cars, but my son builds Lucid and the company makes him working 10 hr a day, 7 days a week just to keep up with demands.
I get it that electric cars are different animals than those with combustion engines, but Lucid beats even million dollars Bugatti in performance.
When I never did own 2-second car, I did own few 6-second cars and eventually sold them, mostly because my wife on passenger seat would panic when I used the acceleration, so did several male passengers.
That kind of performance is not for everybody and just check "Idiot Corvette drivers" channels on youtube, how many people buy cars they can't handle.
Anyway, just for the kicks, almost a year ago I put $300 deposit on $70k Lucid model. Getting some feedback from son, I did not believe that model will ever see assemble lane.
When company sells production of $170k models year in advance, why would they bother to build cheaper models? Who doesn't agree?
But seems like cheaper models might come to the play in next year, so when I am happy with my 60 mpg Bluetec Mercedes, I love cars and whenever I can afford, I get newer models.
So maybe the dispute will move to E-class section next year?
Good luck with your purchases.
The World's Quickest Cars: Lucid Air Sapphire v Bugatti Chiron v Tesla Plaid - Cammisa's Drag Race - YouTube

Im also awaiting my sub $70k lucid air order though after reading about it, I may spend the extra $5k to get the AWD version as it has the adaptive air suspension while I believe the rwd wont get that? Not entirely certain as they havent announced the final specs of the rwd air pure. but for the price plus 3 years of free EA charging, im pretty excited to put it through its paces. By the time it delivers hopefully all the kinks are worked out both with lucid and EAs charging infrastructure.

Originally Posted by ALANPRIEBE
The Lucid Air Sapphire is considerably more than $200,000, I see Lucid now has inventory and giving their employees rather large discounts. I believe their stock was at a very respectable $55.00 High, they are now $7.32 Given the investment horizon of 90 days and your above-average risk tolerance, our recommendation regarding Lucid Group is 'Strong Sell. I had a order in on a Lucid Air GT, it is fast and excellent range but being 6'3" it was very difficult getting in and out of that very low roof line (door opening), Have a 2023 EQS580, very happy and fast, not as fast as Lucid but fast.
Arent most car stocks currently down? Ford, GM, Tesla, Rivian, etc. Lucid has huge cash backings I dont see them really going down anytime soon. Same with Rivian being backed by amazon should they need it. I wouldnt gauge a companies solvency based on their stock price during a recession. Even MB is getting help from Geely which i believe now owns Smart cars and 10% of mercedes? fact check me on that I vaguely recall reading about it.
Old 12-24-2022, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by NewCents05
Im also awaiting my sub $70k lucid air order though after reading about it, I may spend the extra $5k to get the AWD version as it has the adaptive air suspension while I believe the rwd wont get that? Not entirely certain as they havent announced the final specs of the rwd air pure. but for the price plus 3 years of free EA charging, im pretty excited to put it through its paces. By the time it delivers hopefully all the kinks are worked out both with lucid and EAs charging infrastructure.

Arent most car stocks currently down? Ford, GM, Tesla, Rivian, etc. Lucid has huge cash backings I dont see them really going down anytime soon. Same with Rivian being backed by amazon should they need it. I wouldnt gauge a companies solvency based on their stock price during a recession. Even MB is getting help from Geely which i believe now owns Smart cars and 10% of mercedes? fact check me on that I vaguely recall reading about it.
Most stocks are down with everything that is going on in the world today but Lucid is getting hit a little harder. If I recall didn't Tesla go through a learning curve some time back and their stocks dropped? I don't think it helped must with their rather large price increase especially bordering on a recession and interests rates on the rise? Didn't the Saudi's just release 1.5 billion to Lucid? Lucid has a good foundation but needs work, they should survive and hopefully come out better. Bad timing to launch a new car company we'll see if the lower cost cars they are making can help pull them out of their slump?
Old 12-24-2022, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by NewCents05
If you upgrade to the AWD its going to cost you a hell of a lot more than $5k.I assume if you change your order you will no longer keep that $70k price tag that was promised before the price hike. The cheapest Lucid now costs $15k more.
The last I heard is that none of the Lucids come with Air suspension. None of their premium models do, so I doubt that what you are saying is true. Who knows maybe they plan to make it the only model with Air... it would be odd... but I am sure you wouldn't say such a thing unless you really believed it.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes S550
The Air is supposed to have a good suspension, but it isn’t a air suspension, no pun intended.