EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Weird Happening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 02:43 PM

Received 469 Likes on 295 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Weird Happening

Today I arrived at the golf course and assembled my electric pushcart and bag, then went to close the trunk lid. Pressed the close button, nothing happened. Pressed the lock (and close) button, the mirrors folded, the doors locked, but the lid did not close. Repeated the above several times, no difference. Tried to close the lid with the remote, no luck. Tried to closed the lid with the button on the drivers door, no luck. After some head scratching, I decided to manually close it, and as I was pulling it down it came to life and closed. Everything has been totally normal since then, no problems after golf or after I got home. Any ideas?
Old 03-01-2022, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by hlothery
Today I arrived at the golf course and assembled my electric pushcart and bag, then went to close the trunk lid. Pressed the close button, nothing happened. Pressed the lock (and close) button, the mirrors folded, the doors locked, but the lid did not close. Repeated the above several times, no difference. Tried to close the lid with the remote, no luck. Tried to closed the lid with the button on the drivers door, no luck. After some head scratching, I decided to manually close it, and as I was pulling it down it came to life and closed. Everything has been totally normal since then, no problems after golf or after I got home. Any ideas?
Gremlin. It has rarely happened to me on my Mercs. Probably a gremlin on the closure safety mechanism. As in your case, closing it manually solves the issue.​​​​​​​
Old 03-02-2022, 08:08 AM

Received 469 Likes on 295 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Gremlin. It has rarely happened to me on my Mercs. Probably a gremlin on the closure safety mechanism. As in your case, closing it manually solves the issue.
Do you do remote excorcisms?​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
js_cls (03-02-2022)