EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 01:06 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
2022 EQS 580, 2020 Tesla Model X LR
Originally Posted by sserg
So.... Here is an update. Just got back my car. Nothing was fixed. Issue disappeared after recharging the 12V battery. They tried reproducing it unsuccessfully. The good thing is before battery died service manager actually seen the problem. Dev team in Germany aware of the situation. They provided some updates for the modules that are involved in the circuit just in case. Disaster waiting to happen.......
NO HIGWAY DRIVING for now, I guess....
Yikes, that's scary (and terrible!)
Old 05-26-2022, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EQS 450+
Originally Posted by wings1969
I had an issue not as severe as your encounter. My car went into "Turtle Mode" after an EA charging event. After driving the car for 2 hours at 52 mph, I arrived at a dealer and a techie went through and we found the "System Reset" button. He stated it only reset personal settings. After sitting at the dealer for awhile, I tried system reset and I was cured.
Are you aware of "System Reset" and did you try it while waiting for the tow truck rescue?
If not, you might try it at the dealer or suggest it. This is a new car with very few knowledgeable techs since there is no experience background.
This is not an admonishment if you don't know where it is since we are all new and learning along the way on this vehicle.
As previously posted, please let us know the result of your fix.

Just had a similar issue. Went to a BnB on a Thursday night after a 200 mile drive. they had a charge point charger there so I plugged it in, and next morning when I got the message it was fully charged I unplugged and moved it to another spot. Didn't touch the car again until we left Sunday, and that morning when we got in I got the yellow turtle and the max mileage showing was 220 (versus the normal 400ish I had gotten for the last month). Drove how and it was showing I had less than 20 miles left of charge. Shut it down, gave it a few minutes, and when I started it back up, still the yellow turtle, but was showing I had 220 miles of range again. I then did the reset...yellow turtle gone. Drove it for a bit, plugged it back in and a day later it's showing the 400+ mile range again. Little concerning. Though I was an early Tesla Model 3 adopter in 2018 and also had issues in the first year...however thought I was a little less likely to see them in a $120K Mercedes.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:21 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
2022 EQS 450
I believe it is very important that everyone driving this car is aware of the "yellow turtle reset solution." I may get together with my dealer and make sure MB roadside assist is also aware.

Did you try the reset because you saw my post or looked in the menu and tried the reset?
Old 05-26-2022, 09:07 PM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
I put down a deposit for a EQS 580 on June 1 of last year. I haven’t got an allocation yet, but I am number one on my dealers list for their next 580. I was told the MY 2022 have closed out for orders and my car will be a 2023. I have been patiently waiting to get my allocation and after following these forums I’m sort of glad I won’t get a 2022 model. I was somewhat leery of ordering a brand new model and hopefully Mercedes will have corrected a majority of the issues that you forum members have been discussing since the launch of the EQS, with the release of the model year 2023. I also realize people tend more to post about complaints over compliments of the car. Im sure there are plenty of satisfied owners who have not had any major issues with their vehicles. I have owned 2 S class sedans and both had minor issues the first year or so, but were quickly resolved and my current 2018 S class has operated flawlessly the last couple of years. I am hoping I will get the same degree of reliability with a 2023 EQS.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:45 PM

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 S550 4Matic sedan: 2016 Sprinter Van 4 wheel drive diesel, 2020 AMG E53 coupe, 2022 EQS AMG
Hopefully the 2023 has all the chips, I have had my AMG EQS for 2 months with no issues. The EQS is the best driving Mercedes I have owned, still love my S550, never thought I would say this, the EQS is a much better drive.