EQS EQS (V297) sedan

EQS 450 - What is this?? Some Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 450+
EQS 450 - What is this?? Some Questions

This past Friday, May 6, 2022, I took delivery of an EQS 450 with a Pinnacle Trim and lots of options. I have attached a picture of a device in my glove compartment. Does anyone know what this is?
The car has the "Air Balance Cabin Fragrance System" option, which I believe should have a cylinder shaped device in the glove compartment to dispense a fragrance. No such device is present.

Does anyone know how to operate the dash cam? I receive a message that I need to connect a USB drive.

Lastly, is there a way to check historical charging sessions in the car. I can see historical sessions on the Mercedes app, but cannot find the screen where this information is listed in the car.

If anyone has any knowledge on either of these issues please let me know.

Thank you.

Scott

Old 05-12-2022, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 586 Posts
N/A
That is the tollgate responder.
Dashcam needs a USB to store recordings on.
The manual should describe those in more detail.

Does your build have any deletions? The fragrance system was subject to some.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 450+
Eaton, thank you for the reply,
"Tollgate responder" Is that a device that can be used to avoid placing an ezpass on the windshield? If yes, is there a cost for this service and does it make sense to activate?
For the Dashcam do I just plug in a USB drive to any micro USB port or is there a specific port that must be used.
I am unaware of any deletions to the build sheet or window sticker regarding the fragrance kit.

Thanks again.

Scott
Old 05-12-2022, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Originally Posted by ScottNY
Eaton, thank you for the reply,
"Tollgate responder" Is that a device that can be used to avoid placing an ezpass on the windshield? If yes, is there a cost for this service and does it make sense to activate?
For the Dashcam do I just plug in a USB drive to any micro USB port or is there a specific port that must be used.
I am unaware of any deletions to the build sheet or window sticker regarding the fragrance kit.

Thanks again.

Scott
I will PM you more info about the tool feature. EDIT: You appear to have PMs blocked.
Dashcam should work with any USB port.

>> I am unaware of any deletions to the build sheet or window sticker regarding the fragrance kit.

Check it because I think you are affected and may have deletion code "D9D".
Old 05-12-2022, 10:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Eaton
I will PM you more info about the tool feature. EDIT: You appear to have PMs blocked.
Dashcam should work with any USB port.

>> I am unaware of any deletions to the build sheet or window sticker regarding the fragrance kit.

Check it because I think you are affected and may have deletion code "D9D".
Can you post publicly about this feature? Mine is also Pinnacle but I don't see this device in my glove compartment.
Thanks.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Originally Posted by asdf
Can you post publicly about this feature? Mine is also Pinnacle but I don't see this device in my glove compartment.
Thanks.
The tollgate responder was removed from ordering in December due to shortages, so that would be why it is missing for you.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:05 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Eaton
The tollgate responder was removed from ordering in December due to shortages, so that would be why it is missing for you.
My production date was October, but regardless, I'm kind of annoyed that no one told me about the deletion. Not that I wouldn't have bought the car but would have been nice to know.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by asdf
My production date was October, but regardless, I'm kind of annoyed that no one told me about the deletion. Not that I wouldn't have bought the car but would have been nice to know.
when I ordered in Nov. They told me the next day it wasnt going to happen.