EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Car wash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 04:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2022 MB EQS 580
Very interesting that the software version is the same as mine. I can't imagine what 'hardware' feature could be related to the Car Wash Mode?
Old 12-08-2022, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
Originally Posted by rwsocalifornia
Very interesting that the software version is the same as mine. I can't imagine what 'hardware' feature could be related to the Car Wash Mode?
A chip or rather a missing chip..
Old 12-08-2022, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,724 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by c4004matic
On the first batch of US 580s they removed lifting the vehicle for some mysterous reason. Im sure the answer is chips. I would REALLY like to have the ability to do a plus one. Im always paranoid in parking lots. Ive even scraped the underside on Chicago speed bumps at slow speed!
Yeah its chips and supply chain, but even on the W223 which all have the ability to raise the car there is no Car Wash mode.

Do later EQS's have the ability to raise the suspension? I had not heard that.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2022 MB EQS 580
All dealers seem to say "chip shortage" as the answer to everything rather than admit they are ignorant on the issue. If I ask my dealer to top up my washer fluid, I expect to hear him say he can't because there's a chip shortage! I've been a software engineer for 30 years, how many chips do you need to STOP the sunroof from opening, mirrors from changing positions, car height to remain at a given level (my car raises and lowers via Airmatic, I see it lower whenever I turn the car off and at certain speeds, I can even change the height via the 'vehicle towing' setting), etc. I guess I just don't see it. To me, Car Wash Mode needs to just disable a handful of motors/actuators that are already being controlled by software. If my voice or waving hand can open the sunroof, then surely the software can be modified to prevent that in certain situations. Who knows, maybe I'm just crazy.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
The manufacturers do not wish to modify software to accomodate a limited term issue. In my modern house there seems to be chips to control just about everything - lights, HVAC, door openers, ... Those things had mechanical controls in previous years.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by rwsocalifornia
All dealers seem to say "chip shortage" as the answer to everything rather than admit they are ignorant on the issue. If I ask my dealer to top up my washer fluid, I expect to hear him say he can't because there's a chip shortage! I've been a software engineer for 30 years, how many chips do you need to STOP the sunroof from opening, mirrors from changing positions, car height to remain at a given level (my car raises and lowers via Airmatic, I see it lower whenever I turn the car off and at certain speeds, I can even change the height via the 'vehicle towing' setting), etc. I guess I just don't see it. To me, Car Wash Mode needs to just disable a handful of motors/actuators that are already being controlled by software. If my voice or waving hand can open the sunroof, then surely the software can be modified to prevent that in certain situations. Who knows, maybe I'm just crazy.
The better term is "supply chain issues" more than "chip shortage".

For example they have been building some W223 S580s with the basic leather even though the nappa leather is standard in the 580 because that leather comes from the Ukraine.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 727 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by SW20S
The better term is "supply chain issues" more than "chip shortage". For example they have been building some W223 S580s with the basic leather even though the nappa leather is standard in the 580 because that leather comes from the Ukraine.
I agree.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilux 2022
If you live in the greater Lincoln area and need a professional, qualified team of workers for auto detailing services, do not hesitate to contact GP Mobile Car Wash & Detail. They are always happy to meet new customers and take the time to fully understand their needs and expectations. They are committed to providing a high-quality service that will leave customers completely satisfied. I always opt for them mostly for their professionalism and their mobile boat washing service.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:44 PM

Received 445 Likes on 279 Posts
EQS 450+
Yeah its chips and supply chain, but even on the W223 which all have the ability to raise the car there is no Car Wash mode.

Do later EQS's have the ability to raise the suspension? I had not heard that.
FYI. Just had my 450+ in for the 20K service. The loaner was and EQE SUV, which had a car wash mode.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:21 AM

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
I’m too lazy to wash this gorgeous car myself. We have a fantastic automatic car wash, privately owned here in the city. I know that people have concerns about car washes. This place uses no harmful detergents, has the softest brushes, and the rail is not tall enough to do any damage at all to the wheels. Outside of the car wash there are numerous spots for wiping excess water with free microfiber towels and powerful vacuum cleaners. We pay only $53 per month for two cars for unlimited washes. I’ve already used it 4 times since I picked up the car in early May. I hope you guys have this type of quality car washes where you live.
Which one are you using? I used to use Foam in Urbandale, but they changed ownership and most seem to agree on reviews that it went from great to merely good. I always ask for "retract all brushes", which essentially makes it touchless. I really only need the brushes if I've been on a road trip and have bug splatter. BTW, the manager said if you need brushes, come very first thing in the morning, as the brushes are cleaned overnight, and get increasingly clogged with junk as the day goes on.
Old 11-11-2023, 07:25 PM

just looking
Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Harsh chemicals and car soaps. Some automatic car washing facilities use an industrial strength alkaline enhanced degreasing shampoo. These formulations are great for stripping wax, paint sealants, and even bird droppings, bug guts, and tree sap. But that aggressive soap leaves a mark on unprotected paint. In fact, overtime, it can start to eat away at the clear coat, leading to oxidation of the coat, corrosion, and eventually rust.

Water Spots. Even the auto car washing facilities with super hair driers are prone to water spotting with the help of auto repair abu dhabi. Most facilities use city industrial water – which isn’t filtered and contains higher calcium deposits or other minerals. As water dries on the surface, those deposits will dry rapidly, and leave dried mineral deposits that are difficult to remove.

The brushes are meant for durability and not for their gentleness to the paint. The dirt would stick to those brushes when not in use and when a car comes in for a wash, you can imagine what those brushes would do to your paint.
I would like to start washing car by myself but not mentally ready to get all the bells and whistles. My plan is to use soap gun? to spray soap all around the car and let the dirt and grime just get loose and spray them off with high pressure water. Then dry off with a towel. What product should I get? Any recommendations?
Old 11-11-2023, 07:51 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
EQE350 SUV 4MATIC
@yovenim Products from any of these brads will be fine: Chemical Guys, Griot's Garage, Adams, Turtle Wax, Meguiars. Use what is readily available in your area and at a price that you are comfortable with.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Wash it wherever you want.... Wax twice a year after claying it. Your paint will look wonderful. Everything else is bull and extra work. If you use a a wax titanium dioxide in it AKA "ceramic" it will bead for longer. If you have a matte finish all you require is a spray on wipe off "ceramic" spray finish instead of wax. Regular wax has abrassives that are incompatible with matte. If you require a special lamp with a ultraviolet fluorescent lamp to see a swirl or imperfection and you consider that a problem you definitely have another problem 😉 Regular wear and tear driving on the road will cause 100 times the damage to paint than any carwash can inflict. Any good wax will protect/remedy from that.

Last edited by c4004matic; 11-11-2023 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 05:52 AM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Any idea on how many runs through a car wash a coat of wax can withstand? I know the car wash will eventually remove it...but I hope not on just one or two runs.
Old 11-12-2023, 08:59 AM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
EQE350 SUV 4MATIC
There are lots of YouTube videos that have tests of waxes and coatings and how long they last after repeated treatment with soaps and chemicals found in car washes. Generally it is not as long as you would like. Look for review of the particular wax that you use.

Longest lasting protection is from graphene, then ceramic, followed by traditional waxes.
Old 11-12-2023, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 209 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by nath_h
Which one are you using? I used to use Foam in Urbandale, but they changed ownership and most seem to agree on reviews that it went from great to merely good. I always ask for "retract all brushes", which essentially makes it touchless. I really only need the brushes if I've been on a road trip and have bug splatter. BTW, the manager said if you need brushes, come very first thing in the morning, as the brushes are cleaned overnight, and get increasingly clogged with junk as the day goes on.
You’re absolutely right. Foam was great. He sold it to a company called Champion Car Wash. The quality of the service and wash has gone down. I still have a subscription there since I think it’s still better than other car washes in town.
Old 11-14-2023, 06:09 AM

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
You’re absolutely right. Foam was great. He sold it to a company called Champion Car Wash. The quality of the service and wash has gone down. I still have a subscription there since I think it’s still better than other car washes in town.
I'll keep an eye out for you/another EQS there...I manage five family cars, all with memberships there, so I meet myself coming and going at Champion.
The following users liked this post:
AppleFan1 (11-14-2023)
Old 06-22-2024, 04:48 PM

just looking
Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Harsh chemicals and car soaps. Some automatic car washing facilities use an industrial strength alkaline enhanced degreasing shampoo. These formulations are great for stripping wax, paint sealants, and even bird droppings, bug guts, and tree sap. But that aggressive soap leaves a mark on unprotected paint. In fact, overtime, it can start to eat away at the clear coat, leading to oxidation of the coat, corrosion, and eventually rust.

Water Spots. Even the auto car washing facilities with super hair driers are prone to water spotting. Most facilities use city industrial water – which isn’t filtered and contains higher calcium deposits or other minerals. As water dries on the surface, Auto Repair Abu Dhabi Near me, and leave dried mineral deposits that are difficult to remove.

The brushes are meant for durability and not for their gentleness to the paint. The dirt would stick to those brushes when not in use and when a car comes in for a wash, you can imagine what those brushes would do to your paint.
I cringe when I read people use the foreign car was brigade, everyone to their own but you can't be a car person to let them loose on your car with a bucket of grit. It may well have the dirt washed off, but the damage to the paintwork is beyond comprehension, and also the Boy Scout Saturday wash is not much better. O Dear but were not all the same and you can do better for not a lot of effort.
Old 06-22-2024, 07:15 PM

Received 128 Likes on 74 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by yovenim
I cringe when I read people use the foreign car was brigade, everyone to their own but you can't be a car person to let them loose on your car with a bucket of grit. It may well have the dirt washed off, but the damage to the paintwork is beyond comprehension, and also the Boy Scout Saturday wash is not much better. O Dear but were not all the same and you can do better for not a lot of effort.
Oh, golly, back to this old peerade once again.
I have spent the last 12 years using commercial car washes on my two S class units, and have never noticed a single finish blemish.
dangitty (06-23-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Lou B
Oh, golly, back to this old peerade once again.
I have spent the last 12 years using commercial car washes on my two S class units, and have never noticed a single finish blemish.
100% agree
You would think that MB's are painted with Crayola washable water colors. 😀
Old 06-22-2024, 11:12 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
In terms of car wash, I still wash my own cars as an enjoyment activity similar to one cutting his own lawn. I haven't cut my own lawn for over a decade due to time and allergies, and eventually, I'll have someone wash my cars for me, too. But until then, I enjoy washing my cars and occasional detailing it. My cars get washed probably 12 times a year.
carlosinseattle (06-27-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by yovenim
I'm a car person who uses a carwash lol. Yes they are hard on the paint, thats why I buy light colors. Just because I am a car person doesn't mean I have the time, energy or desire to spend a whole day every week washing my cars. I gots more important things to do...
ScottC2 (06-24-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 07:15 PM

Received 128 Likes on 74 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by c4004matic
100% agree
You would think that MB's are painted with Crayola washable water colors. 😀
Ouch...
Old 06-23-2024, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
Mercedes have really hard paint, but the carwash still scratches them up down low on the car...it is what it is
Old 06-23-2024, 08:08 PM

Received 445 Likes on 279 Posts
EQS 450+
Mercedes have really hard paint, but the carwash still scratches them up down low on the car...it is what it is
Yep. That's why I wash my own, by hand, with waterless car wash. Have been doing so since I owned my Porsche in 2007. To each his/her own, but swirl marks are pretty bad on some cars, especially dark colored ones whose owners use the commercial car washes regularly. YMMV. I actually love to wash my car. (I know....crazy, right?!@?)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car wash