EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Change Seat Setting with key or other methods? Also Object detected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 07:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GTS
Change Seat Setting with key or other methods? Also Object detected

just picked up the eqs 450+ this week and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to adjust the seat till I select my profile. When i unlock and press the seat memory it doesn't work. Am i doing something wrong? Tired of squeezing myself into the car after my wife drives it

Also, i keep getting a strange warming of object detected in the front or rear at times when there is nothing there? Happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2022, 02:18 PM

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by imolas54
just picked up the eqs 450+ this week and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to adjust the seat till I select my profile. When i unlock and press the seat memory it doesn't work. Am i doing something wrong? Tired of squeezing myself into the car after my wife drives it

Also, i keep getting a strange warming of object detected in the front or rear at times when there is nothing there? Happened to anyone else?

Thanks
no comment on #2 but #1 is a feature, not a bug (unfortunately). afaik there's no way to tie a profile to your key. your best bet is probably to turn on easy entry and exit in the vehicle settings. it will move the seat and steering wheel to allow you to get in and out easier.
Old 06-11-2022, 07:22 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
EQS 450+
The problem with that is that the entry/exit setting for my wife is still shorter than my drive setting. Unless you know of way to set how far the seat moves back on exit. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 06-11-2022, 07:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GTS
njtransit, thank you for the good idea, tried it last night it's not perfect but much better than it was. wish the car would at the very least let the seat memory buttons work when you first open the door.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450

Thanks
I sometimes get strange warning when I’m stopping for a traffic light on multi lane streets for no apparent reason. It’s very annoying. I’m getting a software update for multiple modules next week. Hope this solves the issue.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
njtransit, thank you for the good idea, tried it last night it's not perfect but much better than it was. wish the car would at the very least let the seat memory buttons work when you first open the door.
I have not tried seat memory just after opening the door but if the memory buttons do not work, wouldn't you be able to adjust the seat backwards? Not perfect but at least easier to enter the car.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bummed to hear that seat settings are not key related. Our EQS was delivered with only one key since the dealership lost the second one. I figured that once the second key showed up we would be able to tie the profiles to the individual keys. Some weird choices by MB on things like seat position and a few other things.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by Salespunk
Bummed to hear that seat settings are not key related. Our EQS was delivered with only one key since the dealership lost the second one. I figured that once the second key showed up we would be able to tie the profiles to the individual keys. Some weird choices by MB on things like seat position and a few other things.
If I remember right, the car can handle 6 different profiles, no way to map them all to keys.

I understand the issue with entering the car before the profile can be selected from the MBUX or the fingerprint reader or facial detection. But how about voice detection? I have not even tried it but perhaps the profile selection works via voice before ignition is switched on? Perhaps not?