EQS EQS (V297) sedan

question about free charging for 2 years

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS
question about free charging for 2 years

Just bought an EQS. Very excited. Have a few questions about public charging.
Does the 2-year free charging start when you purchase the car or when you activate the Mercedes me Charge? Currently, I am charging at home and do not have to go out to charge. Maybe I can delay the two-year period for a few months.
Does the free charging apply to both Electrify America and Chargepoint stations or just the former?
the car came with a small Charge card? is it used at the station or you can just use phones?
Thank you all!!!
Norman
Old 06-30-2022, 03:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
EQS 450+
Originally Posted by normanEQS
Just bought an EQS. Very excited. Have a few questions about public charging.
Does the 2-year free charging start when you purchase the car or when you activate the Mercedes me Charge? Currently, I am charging at home and do not have to go out to charge. Maybe I can delay the two-year period for a few months.
Does the free charging apply to both Electrify America and Chargepoint stations or just the former?
the car came with a small Charge card? is it used at the station or you can just use phones?
Thank you all!!!
Norman
Not sure when the two years starts but I’d imagine from when the car is registered. It only applies at EA stations and I’ve found that plug and charge is the only way to get free charging. The car did come with a small charge card but I have no idea how it works. I’ve tried tapping at the station and nothing happens.

you can also use credit card at most of the stations but easier to use your mecharge account for charging whether free or not (mecharge has a credit card on file if you are doing a not free charge)
Old 07-30-2022, 01:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The free charging technically starts when you purchase the car. In some cases, the dealership starts messing around with it prior to your purchase and you could lose some time.
I lost about a month. Spoke with the dealership. They were both clueless and not interested in helping. Took a few email messages with MB to correct the date to coincide with my purchase date.
The little RFID card that we've got is for charging at ChargePoint stations. It's linked with your credit card.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:57 AM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 MB EQS 580
See this detailed explanation and instruction set.....it worked perfectly for me when I followed it step-for-step

Attached Files