EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Flaky wireless CarPlay/Android Auto?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 08:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
EQS 450+
Flaky wireless CarPlay/Android Auto?

I started with a Samsung S22 Ultra when I first bought EQS 450+, and it suffered disconnects time and time again, when I tried to connect to Android Auto wirelessly. A wired USB C connection seemed far more reliable. After enough frustration, I switched back. to my iPhone and it seems to suffer the same problem, so I am thinking this has to be a flaw in the EQS. There are times when after a disconnect, MBUX can get into a stuck state trying to reconnect and the reliable way of getting it out is to switch to a radio station.

Because it's so unreliable, it makes me worried to use Google or Apple Maps, which I prefer over the built-in Mercedes navigation, especially the voice prompts in Apple Maps.

Old 07-02-2022, 05:37 AM

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
I've had strange wireless CarPlay experiences maybe 10% of the time in my EQS. Usually restarting my phone works but there have been a couple of times I've had a lagging issue with the car infotainment itself. It's always resolved on its own though and I can't figure out what causes it to happen.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 159 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I have strange wireless CarPlay issues in both my Mach-e and my EQS. When I only owned my Mach-e (my first car with wireless CarPlay) I assumed there was something wrong with the car. Now that I have the EQS and both cars experience the same issues…
I know there is something wrong with either my phone or Apple CarPlay.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS ordered, 2018 GLS
I was having issues with my wireless CarPlay as well. I went to settings>general>CarPlay then selected my MBUX and turned on CarPlay within that menu. Now it works.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS450
I have noticed the same issue , call dropping very often with my EQS 450, both Andriod and Iphone
Old 08-15-2022, 11:55 AM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
I just returned from a long road trip and had the same issue. My phone is S22 Ultra with the Poweramp music player app and Andriod Auto. It would play for about 20 minutes or so then disconnect every time.

Also my USB thumb drive that has my library worked perfect on my 1300+ mile trip away, but when I got there it got unreadable. Lucky on the way back I had a chip with some "favorites" and was listening to that when the Andriod Auto disconnected.

I just reformatted the thumb drive and am copying my files back as I write this, but I do not know why the Samsung S22 Ultra keeps disconnecting. If anyone figures out a fix please post.
Old 08-17-2022, 02:02 AM

EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Carlinkit Carplay
Hi, all

We are Carlinkit carplay team. We are committed to producing a high-end, cost-effective Wireless CarPlay/ Android auto Dongle.

We are excited that we've launched new arrivals which convert your wired carplay to wireless.

Carlinkit 4.0 supports both Apple CarPlay for iPhones and AndroidAuto system for Android mobiles.
Have you validated your adapter against the Hyperscreen version of MBUX? I have tried 2 different adapters from other manufacturers and both failed to display an image on the screen, although they were recognized as wired carplay devices.
The following users liked this post:
buddy4406 (08-17-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 03:00 AM

EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Carlinkit Carplay
Hi, there

Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to provide you with better service, please kindly tell us your vehicle's model and year. What's more, could you please post the pic of the central control panel of a vehicle.
This thread is for the 2022/2023 Mercedes Benz EQS, generally models 450+ and 580. There are two different infotainment systems, the more traditional vertical Mercedes MBUX and the larger horizontal Hyperscreen MBUX. Personally, I am curious about compatibility with the larger Hyperscreen version, but I am sure others in the forum would care to know about compatibility with the vertical.

Traditional Vertical MBUX

Larger, Horizontal Hyperscreen MBUX

Last edited by SirNH; 08-18-2022 at 03:02 AM.