EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Manually Raise Automatic Lift?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS 580
Manually Raise Automatic Lift?

I'm in the US and it looks like the manual raise for shocks isn't enabled. Does anyone know the status of this *dealer said its on hold due to pedestrian collision approval* or something silly?
Old 07-21-2022, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Its called the transport height setting. It takes a couple of button presses (its in the manual). The EQS does not come with manually selectable ride height anywhere, nor is there a plan to do so. It does it automatically depending on speed and dynamic setting. Same thing with the steerinpg wheel heating, the is no switch, it activates with the seat heater. You can turn it off or on in the MBUx system but still will only activate with the seat controls.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:48 PM

EQS 580
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Its called the transport height setting. It takes a couple of button presses (its in the manual). The EQS does not come with manually selectable ride height anywhere, nor is there a plan to do so. It does it automatically depending on speed and dynamic setting. Same thing with the steerinpg wheel heating, the is no switch, it activates with the seat heater. You can turn it off or on in the MBUx system but still will only activate with the seat controls.
Thanks, yeah I saw it in the manual. I don't have that "virtual button" on my EQS 580. Dealer (who was completely unfamiliar with the car) said it wasn't available in America yet, so I'm just trying to hear if anyone had a real status
Old 07-21-2022, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 815 Likes on 523 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I haven't seen this virtual button either. Can you shoot a quick photo of it, and how to navigate to it.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I haven't seen this virtual button either. Can you shoot a quick photo of it, and how to navigate to it.
its not a virtual button its using the steering wheel home and back button in a specific sequence. Check in the towing section of the manual. Its under preparing the vehicle for transport.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:14 AM

EQS 580
its not a virtual button its using the steering wheel home and back button in a specific sequence. Check in the towing section of the manual. Its under preparing the vehicle for transport.
yeah the functionality is there but if you look in the manual the reference a Mnuchin button that allows you to hold it to lift or lower. The towing method isn’t practical every time I want to enter my garage.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I agree
Though the ride height of the EQS is not that low, given its very long wheel base the brakeover angle is very low. I have been surprised of scraping in situations I wasnt expecting it. Any significant speed bump requires crawling over.

Last edited by c4004matic; 07-23-2022 at 01:26 PM.