EQS EQS (V297) sedan

EQS Shipping Time Frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 08:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Tesla Model Y
EQS Shipping Time Frame

I ordered my EQS the first week of February of 2022. It was built on May 5th and within two days was shipped to the port Bremerhaven where is sat for about 14 days. It was then on the water for about 10 days to Baltimore where it cleared the VPS in about 3-4 days. It then sat at the port for about 28 days waiting for a car transporter to bring it to Michigan. My dealer has been very frustrated with the delivery from port as he now only gets one car hauler a week whereas pre Covid he would have two to three arriving per week. The driver lives in the area, and he only makes one trip a week because he is in his 50's and wants to slow down. When my dealer asked him why he can't get more frequent shipments, the driver tells him its a variety of reasons. Among them, High diesel prices and fuel scarcity on the east coast, lack of available spare truck parts ( 200K truck is sidelined because it can't get a $50 part) and the lack of drivers. One interesting aside that I recently discovered after speaking with a trucker who's firm employs about 600 people in various jobs is that he told me that his company can't find people with CDL licenses because younger drivers can't pass the federal drug test. Specifically for marijauna. Here in Michigan it is legal and people use it frequently and if you smoke it once a day, THC stays in your system for 10-15 days after last use. Therefore a failed test. I'm not advocating changing the federal testing requirements because I certainly don't want people driving under the influence, but this just throws another wrench into supply chain problems.

PS. picked up my car ( nautical blue/ beige Nappa )Tuesday and LOVING IT. Way better than my Teslas!!
Old 07-23-2022, 10:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580
Originally Posted by klondike616
I ordered my EQS the first week of February of 2022. It was built on May 5th and within two days was shipped to the port Bremerhaven where is sat for about 14 days. It was then on the water for about 10 days to Baltimore where it cleared the VPS in about 3-4 days. It then sat at the port for about 28 days waiting for a car transporter to bring it to Michigan. My dealer has been very frustrated with the delivery from port as he now only gets one car hauler a week whereas pre Covid he would have two to three arriving per week. The driver lives in the area, and he only makes one trip a week because he is in his 50's and wants to slow down. When my dealer asked him why he can't get more frequent shipments, the driver tells him its a variety of reasons. Among them, High diesel prices and fuel scarcity on the east coast, lack of available spare truck parts ( 200K truck is sidelined because it can't get a $50 part) and the lack of drivers. One interesting aside that I recently discovered after speaking with a trucker who's firm employs about 600 people in various jobs is that he told me that his company can't find people with CDL licenses because younger drivers can't pass the federal drug test. Specifically for marijauna. Here in Michigan it is legal and people use it frequently and if you smoke it once a day, THC stays in your system for 10-15 days after last use. Therefore a failed test. I'm not advocating changing the federal testing requirements because I certainly don't want people driving under the influence, but this just throws another wrench into supply chain problems.

PS. picked up my car ( nautical blue/ beige Nappa )Tuesday and LOVING IT. Way better than my Teslas!!
Sorry to hear about your delay. I had a similar experience with the VPC in Georgia - my 580 was released to the carriers the first week of March and it took two weeks for someone to pick it up. My dealer was also frustrated to have this transaction delayed by all the diesel price issues and labor shortages in the trucking industry. The most frustrating thing about this process is waiting especially after it is built, but based on conservative estimates to factor in delays at port, transatlantic voyage, VPC delays, and the worsening trucking situation in the US I think we can say 90-120 days after your vehicle is built you will get it. For reference my vehicle was built in the beginning of December and did not receive until the end of March.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:34 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
My car is awaiting ship assignment at the port. I hope things will have improved once it gets to the VPC in Baltimore and it gets on a truck sooner rather than later.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580
Originally Posted by Radman991
My car is awaiting ship assignment at the port. I hope things will have improved once it gets to the VPC in Baltimore and it gets on a truck sooner rather than later.
You probably are up there with the customers waiting on a 580…over a year and change, right? MBUSA needs to give you a discount for all the time you waited. It’s sure worth it, you will love this vehicle. My old timer golf buddies joke with me that I am contributing to the Texas ERCOT warnings, every time I charge it at the country club.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:28 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
Originally Posted by LGBrandon
You probably are up there with the customers waiting on a 580…over a year and change, right? MBUSA needs to give you a discount for all the time you waited. It’s sure worth it, you will love this vehicle. My old timer golf buddies joke with me that I am contributing to the Texas ERCOT warnings, every time I charge it at the country club.
You are correct. I put my deposit down on June 1, 2021. At least mine is a 2023, would have been a bit upset if after waiting that much time I got the last run of the 22’s, although I doubt there is any significant difference in the car other than model year designation. Still awaiting MSRP.
I was told my car is at B7 status, at port awaiting a ship.