Consumer Reports take on the EQS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by LGBrandon
Interesting story behind that one....my son-in-law lives out by Old Atlanta Road in Cumming and told me he saw my car in the cleanest matte grey out there. Didn't you get a matte grey finish? I assumed it was yours. I actually live in DFW.
It might have been mine. My parents live out there. I sometimes take my son up on Sundays a couple of days a month.
The following users liked this post:
taybae (09-06-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 04:44 PM

Received 197 Likes on 152 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Can use Dealership's Shuttle Service now

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Who is in Cumming GA? It would be good to meet up at C&O. Drone is in Gwinnett. I’m in Buckhead.
We were in Watkinsville, GA Oconee County for their top 10 school district. July just moved to Dacula in Gwinnett County...closer to MB NE Atlanta dealership and Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Marietta Diner is just around the corner from Son @KSU. He just moved into his Dormroom this morning. Used to meet Chevy SS Forum members at Bass Pro early Saturday mornings at their huge parking lot. Have a friend from NM who now lives in Cumming with a Classic 500E. Those Beaver Toyota commercials are hilarious!
The following users liked this post:
stealth.pilot (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I think you are equally a shill. You seem to be the exception of a disaffected buyer. And you try to make it seem as if your opinion is typical.

It's common sense that not every product is the right fit for every person. This is the case for you and the EQS,

But a lot of us switch between cars regularly. I drive three cars on a regular basis - EQS, GLE and a Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0. I have never had any issue with muscle memory regarding the EQS brakes. I intuitively know how to drive the EQS, and the GLE and the Porsche. And I always have had to deal with this because I have had Porsches since 2014 and they have a very different braking profile to our family cars.

I'm not suggesting that you don't have this issue, obviously you do, but it is not a universal problem for everyone. I understand it is an issue for auto journalists because they don't have enough time with the car to build the muscle memory.
I guess you just feel like typing something because nothing you said makes sense?
A shill for who? lol, It seems that you are just throwing stuff out in the wild without hint of it being logical. Or did you not comprehend the meaning of the word?
You then go on to contradict yourself.
The EQS brake pedal travel is a bit more than others... that's my opinion. But then you say that my opinion is not typical. You then say that you have built the muscle memory and you have mastered it... then you say journalists "don't have enough time with the car to build the muscle memory."
So you are agreeing with me? The brakes are in fact quite different that most other cars... everyone just has to get used to it?
So am I the one that is trying to make it seem as if my "opinion is typical" or is it you?
Or maybe you didn't comprehend that my opinion was not centered around whether or not it is easy to get used to the brakes?
Old 08-14-2022, 07:12 PM

Received 260 Likes on 154 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
If not a lawyer he certainly appears to enjoy putting words down.

Old 08-14-2022, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Newbyloub
He's not a lawyer. Not succinct or clear enough. Not well structured. Struggles to get his point across. I just added the guy to my ignore list. Life's too short to read non-sensical drivel.

Also the way he was treating you was completely unwarranted and showed a total lack of manners.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 08-14-2022 at 08:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by stealth.pilot:
AppleFan1 (08-15-2022), taybae (09-06-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 08:59 PM

Received 260 Likes on 154 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
He's not a lawyer. Not succinct or clear enough. Not well structured. Struggles to get his point across. I just added the guy to my ignore list. Life's too short to read non-sensical drivel.

Also the way he was treating you was completely unwarranted and showed a total lack of manners.
Thanks, but at age 90, my psyche isn’t easily bruised. Life is literally too short!
The following 2 users liked this post by Newbyloub:
AppleFan1 (08-15-2022), stealth.pilot (08-14-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by Newbyloub
I am not a lawyer. But funny enough, if the shill accuser's forum name is any relation to their career then we may have something in common.
We definitely have never meet IRL though, the people I work with tend not to misinterpret a sentence just because it has more than 5 words.
Even if they did, they would be too embarrassed to state that it wasn't "succinct or clear enough"
I guess I need to type my sentences like a checklist?

Enough of this though, lets get back on topic.
The fact that the brakes move is a non issue for me but I understand that some people will have trouble getting used to it.
The other common complaint is what we have already mentioned about how the brakes feel in general.
But I have noticed that I have not heard the same complaint from reviewers of the EQE.
Has it been fixed, changed, or not implemented in the EQE?