EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Any Unexpected Service Done On Your EQS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 12:40 PM

Received 262 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
Lakelife - I got my 450+ late last December, in the simplest configuration possible, and have been driving it in the same way, not using any non-option driver assist except Cruise Control/Distronic. This site has helped me some, when answers to issues and problems are clearly stated and understood. All too often this isn't the case, un

We EQS owners are clearly beta testers, no doubt about it!

In regeneration, I drive 99% of the time in Normal, but use Strong coming on certain situations where I use it to brake the car, to save my brake pads...small savings are always fun. Once I figured out how to access Intelligent Regen - hold a paddle down - I have tried it but so far haven't seen advantage to using it.

Since this is my first EV, it's been interesting.

Old 09-10-2022, 03:40 PM

2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
Quick reply - did not work. Never got the "Service Display" option.

Tires are only 1 psa low, not going to bother with it further.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:16 PM

Received 469 Likes on 295 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Newbyloub
Thanks.
Like many suggestions you don’t tell me how to do that.
So How do I reset the value if that’s what I decide to do?
Not trying to be rude or argumentative, but the answers to most of your questions really are in the owner's manual. One of the things I always do is spend an evening or two, with every new car, reading it. May sound nerdy, but it really does answer so many questions. Hope that answer is clear and helpful for you.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:50 PM

2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
You do not sound rude or nerdy at all...and I appreciate your response.
I have found the EQS manual to be of some help, sometimes. And when I don't, I keep reading the material over and over. But, there are times when I simply cannot make heads or tails from the material. Or, I'm sent scurrying around from page or topic reference to another and another.

I found nothing in it about the ability to change recommended tire pressures. Nor was I able to duplicate what was posted here as a suggestion.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
EQS 450+
Multiple issues:

1. Two recalls now -- one was the powertrain control unit -- the system thought the HV battery was not charged and the car wouldn't start for an hour or so. They couldn't figure out what was going on for a while but I never had the issue pop up again. A few months later, I find out the first 1789 vehicles including mine needed a powertrain control unit software update. This required a visit to the dealer
2. Second recall -- not enough threads for the screws holding on the front and rear bumper. I didn't have any issues but mine was affected as part of the recall and they fixed this
3. Driver seatbelt replacement - The driver seatbelt release didn't work perfect. It would latch perfectly but when unlatching it would stick and I needed two hands to unlatch (one to press red button and one to pull on the belt.

I had an issue with the MBUX system lagging for a while but the dealer reinstalled the same software that was on it before and it solved it.

I also had an issue with Plug and Charge, and therefore EA not charging for 2.5 months recently. This was recently resolved by Mercedes Me Connect team.

Definitely a bit frustrating to be an early adopter, but apparently I have one of the first 400 copies in the US (got mine Christmas Eve 2021) and one of the first 1700 copies in the world so some of this was expected.