EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Mercedes Me Connect Issues with vehicle status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 10:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
EQS
Mercedes Me Connect Issues with vehicle status

Over the last week, my Mercedes Me Connect App just has not connected to the car. This has made me unable to set a pre-entry climate control, check charge status, etc.

I tried deleting/redownloading the app, and updating it as well, but no dice. When I searched through the mbworld forums, basically the consensus is that the app is trash, and this is par for the course. While in the past it would intermittently do this, it would usually start working again at most in a day or so.

Anyone else experience this, and/or have a solution?

I will say a lot of this started when I received an automated message in my mb app inbox asking me to disable and re-enable “vehicle status” in the comfort tab, as there had been some issues with trip status (according to MB). It has been “disabling” for over 24 hours now….
Old 10-17-2022, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,475 Posts
2019 C63CS
A lot of people are quick to declare the app trash, but it isn't trash. It has worked very reliably for me for the past 3+ years. They rewrote it about 1 year into my ownership and the new app is much better. They have been working on the services ever since, though. Some of the services still haven't been brought back, but the ones that have been there for a while work. Issues are generally related to glitches with new models. Some vehicles had a bad HERMES module, which is the module that provides the whole communication services and the Internet connection in the car. If it doesn't connect to the car, the issue is often in the car and not the app or something misconfigured for your particular VIN. I've had live traffic crap out on me at one point and it took a few stern emails to them, but they finally resolved the issue. It was something specifically to my car that was not configured correctly on their end, but as said, they eventually sorted it out. New models have new software in them. The EQS uses an entirely new version of MBUX, which doesn't quite have its bugs sorted out. My car is on the latest COMAND system, which is very mature at this point and quite solid, but MBUX has had a history of issues. That's just what happens with software. It takes some time to stabilize entire new systems. Best to contact Mercedes me connect support and open a ticket. You may also need to go to your dealer if your HERMES module needs a reset.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:40 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS 450+
I would contact Mercedes Me Connect and report the issue. The number to the EQS Premier Team is 1-855-502-3851. They have technicians who take forever to respond to service requests, but good to report so they can fix and be aware of any global issues that may affect the rest of us.

As one of the early adopters of the EQS I have pointed out many issues that they have taken note of and in some cases fixed.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
This Monday the app told wife's car (2021 E with MBUX) had doors unlocked. After a while I noticed that the car is still in our garage even if the wife was already at work. Then noticed that the app was showing data from the weekend when I had been cleaning some of the interior and opened doors without driving the car. Later the day everything appeared up-to-date while the car had not moved since I notice the incorrect info. Must have been some maintenance at the server. I understand maintenance issues to some extent but any similar other service I'm using gives a clear indication if the information is up-to-date and a clear indication if the server is down or has lost connection to the monitored client.

I've noticed something similar quite often but never more than a day. @Frostnj did this occur on a new car where Mercedes Me had not worked previously? I assumed it had been working previously but now gone for a week?
Old 10-18-2022, 08:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
This Monday the app told wife's car (2021 E with MBUX) had doors unlocked. After a while I noticed that the car is still in our garage even if the wife was already at work. Then noticed that the app was showing data from the weekend when I had been cleaning some of the interior and opened doors without driving the car. Later the day everything appeared up-to-date while the car had not moved since I notice the incorrect info. Must have been some maintenance at the server. I understand maintenance issues to some extent but any similar other service I'm using gives a clear indication if the information is up-to-date and a clear indication if the server is down or has lost connection to the monitored client.

I've noticed something similar quite often but never more than a day. @Frostnj did this occur on a new car where Mercedes Me had not worked previously? I assumed it had been working previously but now gone for a week?

This was for a vehicle where the app had been working previously, but then stopped working, for over 7 days. I suspect this is related to a “vehicle status” issue. The Mb app prompted me via message to deactivate and reactivate this feature as it could result in issues (Click on the tab in the top left corner, click on your vehicle, manage services, then comfort - it’s the last feature on the menu).

It took 48 hours to deactivate (which, I was thinking at first was further proof of the app being dysfunctional). But, when I woke up this AM it was working again. I have since “reactivated” the feature. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t go haywire
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 09:31 AM

Received 386 Likes on 249 Posts
EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Frostnj
This was for a vehicle where the app had been working previously, but then stopped working, for over 7 days. I suspect this is related to a “vehicle status” issue. The Mb app prompted me via message to deactivate and reactivate this feature as it could result in issues (Click on the tab in the top left corner, click on your vehicle, manage services, then comfort - it’s the last feature on the menu).

It took 48 hours to deactivate (which, I was thinking at first was further proof of the app being dysfunctional). But, when I woke up this AM it was working again. I have since “reactivated” the feature. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t go haywire
I recently got the infamous message that my services had been updated. Later, I got a message from MercedesMe which said my trip data "from reset" might be inaccurate, and I could reset it myself by deactivating and then reactivating the vehicle status tab in the app. I did so, which only took about 5 minutes, and all was well. Wonder how many problems this fixes?
Diesel Benz (10-19-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 01:04 PM
TSA

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by Frostnj
Over the last week, my Mercedes Me Connect App just has not connected to the car. This has made me unable to set a pre-entry climate control, check charge status, etc.

I tried deleting/redownloading the app, and updating it as well, but no dice. When I searched through the mbworld forums, basically the consensus is that the app is trash, and this is par for the course. While in the past it would intermittently do this, it would usually start working again at most in a day or so.

Anyone else experience this, and/or have a solution?

I will say a lot of this started when I received an automated message in my mb app inbox asking me to disable and re-enable “vehicle status” in the comfort tab, as there had been some issues with trip status (according to MB). It has been “disabling” for over 24 hours now….
i swear on god they asked me for 75 pounds for a ****ty lock - unlock service. and none of the payments got accepted. my bank said ok the payment has been done but the mercedes me app just asked me to purchase the same thing over and over again.
taybae (12-04-2022)