EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Annual Renewal of Services

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 01:38 PM

Received 469 Likes on 295 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Annual Renewal of Services

Just renewed my EQS's services for another year....mine is one year old on January 3rd. For those who have not done this, I thought I would post about the experience, The email comes, apparently, from Germany, and if you click on the link you go to the German site, which will let you log in, but not have your vehicle linked. When you try to link your vehicle, it will tell you it is already defined, and you need to contact your dealer. After 30 minutes stuck in this loop, I called MercedesMe Connect. They had me close my browser, and reconnect to shop.mbusa.com, which took me to the US site, and when I signed in my car was linked, and all was a breeze. Costs abut $175 a year for all the essential services. I didn't order AMG speed package, which (unbelievably) was available for my 450+, or the dashcam. So, when you get the email, don't click the link and you should have no problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by hlothery:
dblankenbaker (12-04-2022), SaffsDad (12-05-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 02:21 PM

Received 155 Likes on 117 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
What do you consider the essential services? I’m picking up my 580 on Tuesday and debating on what subscriptions to get. I’ve owned Mercedes cars for the last 15 years and I haven’t once used the sos feature or other service for that matter.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:27 PM

2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Radman991
What do you consider the essential services? I’m picking up my 580 on Tuesday and debating on what subscriptions to get. I’ve owned Mercedes cars for the last 15 years and I haven’t once used the sos feature or other service for that matter.
Matter of opinion. I haven't had an accident or a stranding either, but will need it if I do. You'll get them all for a year, so have time to decide. I renewed live traffic, vehicle setup, online map updates, navigation services, stolen vehicle sssistance ( USAA gives me a break which pays for that), and vehicle monitoring, all for about 50 cents per day. I did not purchase the two I mentioned above....my 450+ is plenty fast without the AMG track stuff. YMMV.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:01 PM

Received 155 Likes on 117 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
Have you found the live traffic to be helpful and accurate? Pardon my ignorance, which I should get answer for Tuesday when I pick my car up, but in case I forget to ask, you have to pay for map updates now? No more 3 years free? Also what do you mean by navigation services? I’m a USAA member also (just got a notice for a 40 year bonus) so do they give you a price break on your insurance.
Old 12-04-2022, 07:37 PM

2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Radman991
Have you found the live traffic to be helpful and accurate? Pardon my ignorance, which I should get answer for Tuesday when I pick my car up, but in case I forget to ask, you have to pay for map updates now? No more 3 years free? Also what do you mean by navigation services? I’m a USAA member also (just got a notice for a 40 year bonus) so do they give you a price break on your insurance.
Not totally clear on navigation services....I think it is the service which audibly warns you of danger ahead, and redirects you to routes to avoid traffic hazards/backups. I like that. Live traffic is invaluable in city driving....the first thing I check when I get in the car to determine the route I will take. USAA does, indeed, give you a break on your rates for stolen car tracking. And,no, you no longer get three years free. Only one year, and then you are on your own, including OTA map updates, apparently. I didn't know that either, until recently. However, as I said in the prior post, all this stuff is 50 cents per day. Well worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by hlothery; 12-04-2022 at 07:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Radman991 (12-05-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 05:57 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
EQS 450+
I did mine a couple of weeks ago as my date is later this month. I purchased everything except the stolen car assist. I find that the simple location servicer included elsewhere is enough. I like the navigation service, It actually tried to route me around a construction zone a few months ago, I was in an area that I knew so didn't listen until it was too late.
Old 12-05-2022, 07:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
EQS 580
I’ve got a lot of time left on my free year - but may end up not renewing quite a bit of it in favor of CarPlay and Waze, etc. In general Waze and even Apple Maps seem to do a better job on navigation especially with real time traffic and road closure info. Nothing beats Waze for that. I’ve found I switch between native and CarPlay regularly depending on what I want to do.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:42 PM

Received 262 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
Originally Posted by RobotGuyPA
I’ve got a lot of time left on my free year - but may end up not renewing quite a bit of it in favor of CarPlay and Waze, etc. In general Waze and even Apple Maps seem to do a better job on navigation especially with real time traffic and road closure info. Nothing beats Waze for that. I’ve found I switch between native and CarPlay regularly depending on what I want to do.
Cool.
Never could get Waze to work for me on the iPhone, so forgot about it, and there's no problem not having it.
Old 08-17-2024, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 140 Posts
2023 GLE3502W, 2024 GLC3002W, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp (for sale)
Originally Posted by RobotGuyPA
I'm with you about Waze vs MB nav. Took my first long drive going from Galveston to north of Houston. MB nav wanted me to exit onto the I45 service road when the traffic slowed. Waze did not and that was the better choice. I do like the ability to speak to Mercedes to set up the route. I think Waze can do that as well but I never tried it.