EQS EQS (V297) sedan

MBUX display screen DEAD! Anyone experience this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 07:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS 580
Angry MBUX display screen DEAD! Anyone experience this?

Hello all,

Yesterday, the MBUX display on my EQS 580 died. (The passenger display was out as well.). The car drove fine, but I was without audio, control over climate, nav, etc.

This morning, it was working again. Made an appointment to bring it in and was told they would need "at least a week" to "try to figure out what's going on." As it was working again, he suggested I not leave it.

Then it happened again.

Then it fixed itself again.

Anyone experiencing this? Any insight?
Old 01-06-2023, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by billprady
Hello all, Yesterday, the MBUX display on my EQS 580 died. (The passenger display was out as well.). The car drove fine, but I was without audio, control over climate, nav, etc. This morning, it was working again. Made an appointment to bring it in and was told they would need "at least a week" to "try to figure out what's going on." As it was working again, he suggested I not leave it. Then it happened again. Then it fixed itself again. Anyone experiencing this? Any insight?
Happens every time there's and update. Turn the car off, get out, lock the door and walk away. When you return after a few minutes or so the system will reboot This is the recommended system reboot procedure. I simply keep on
driving knowing that the cameras radio and parking sensors are not operational and the next morning its back to normal. The climate control seems to set itself to 70 degrees or so but you cant change the settings till MBUX has rebooted itself. Dont fret. Its the only MBUX bug I've had. Hopefully a future update will fix it. In 9mths its happened 3 times in my case. Which makes me wonder if there are quarterly updates to the MBUX!
Old 01-09-2023, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS 580 4matic amg
Originally Posted by billprady
Hello all,

Yesterday, the MBUX display on my EQS 580 died. (The passenger display was out as well.). The car drove fine, but I was without audio, control over climate, nav, etc.

This morning, it was working again. Made an appointment to bring it in and was told they would need "at least a week" to "try to figure out what's going on." As it was working again, he suggested I not leave it.

Then it happened again.

Then it fixed itself again.

Anyone experiencing this? Any insight?
yes I had the same issue. Brought it in for a SW update (was on E250) and have not had it since then. But only had the update for a week. Now on version E329.
update took two days, they updated a lot of sub systems to.