EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Two USB ports have become detached...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 03:36 AM

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts
No Mercedes yet
Two USB ports have become detached...

At last - something has gone wrong with my (otherwise perfect) EQS SUV: The two USB ports in the front stowage area (i.e., the area with the wireless charger and cup holders) have come loose, and are now floating around inside their plastic housing.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there an easy/obvious way to open up this housing, so I can properly reattach the USB ports? (I hate to have to take my car back to the dealer (with its long waiting list for service times) to fix something so minor.)
Old 01-25-2023, 04:22 AM

Received 395 Likes on 264 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
Originally Posted by finlayson
At last - something has gone wrong with my (otherwise perfect) EQS SUV: The two USB ports in the front stowage area (i.e., the area with the wireless charger and cup holders) have come loose, and are now floating around inside their plastic housing.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there an easy/obvious way to open up this housing, so I can properly reattach the USB ports? (I hate to have to take my car back to the dealer (with its long waiting list for service times) to fix something so minor.)
I suppose your EQS SUV is still pretty new.
As such, if I were you, I would just call the dealer and explain the situation to him (maybe take a couple pics and whatsapp to him for best clarity). It is particularly due to the minor nature of this mishap, you probably even do not need a formal appointment. Probably you can just drive in and they can fix it (under warranty terms, of course) within 10 minutes.
I had similar experience with my local dealer. I drove in, waited in the lounge, no write-up, no paper work....had the car back in 15 minutes and then drove away.

Of course, I am assuming the work is simple enough (eg just a reattachment) of a loose part.
Anyway, hope your dealer is as nice as mine for such an incident.
The following users liked this post:
finlayson (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 03:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Eqs 580
Yup. Common problem

Originally Posted by finlayson

This is a flaw that others have experienced. We took ours in this week to be fixed. I do not know how they got into the black box but it did not take a long time. The notes said that they just opened it up. I think those are C wire ports rather than USB.
The following users liked this post:
finlayson (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 03:44 AM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
EQS 450+
I went through the same thing. The first repair didn't stick, the ports popped right back out. They had to replace that part of the center console. After that, I bought a pack of USB C port extensions. https://a.co/d/bQmkWDR
The following 3 users liked this post by SirNH:
Decaffe (01-27-2023), finlayson (01-26-2023), LasVegas_89135 (01-27-2023)