Can you have multiple ChargePoint Home Flex on one account

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Can you have multiple ChargePoint Home Flex on one account

I currently have one ChargePoint but am adding two more. I have the electrician over in the morning. Does the App support multiple chargers on one account?
Old 05-12-2023, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Anyone?
Old 05-12-2023, 02:09 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I currently have one ChargePoint but am adding two more. I have the electrician over in the morning. Does the App support multiple chargers on one account?
You cannot as far as I know.
I have looked into various EVSEs. Chargepoint apparently can only support one charger per account, and one account per charger. This is one of the main reason why I have crossed it out of my list.

Some other EVSEs have multiple chargers/multiple accounts support. And with Power Sharing, you can even connect two or more chargers on the same circuit - which means you don't need your electrician to run another wire to your panel (likely what you need to do with additional chargepoint charges, and it won't be cheap). You also have to verify if you panel could support 3 chargepoints as it would be very tight even if you have a 200A service. Using power sharing can connect all 3 chargers on a single 60A circuit.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by nosnoop
You cannot as far as I know.
I have looked into various EVSEs. Chargepoint apparently can only support one charger per account, and one account per charger. This is one of the main reason why I have crossed it out of my list.

Some other EVSEs have multiple chargers/multiple accounts support. And with Power Sharing, you can even connect two or more chargers on the same circuit - which means you don't need your electrician to run another wire to your panel (likely what you need to do with additional chargepoint charges, and it won't be cheap). You also have to verify if you panel could support 3 chargepoints as it would be very tight even if you have a 200A service. Using power sharing can connect all 3 chargers on a single 60A circuit.
My panel is fine. My house is new construction. It was built with a commercial grade panel. Pre-wired for up to 4 50A circuits with 3 installed. I wanted to be ready for multiple EVs. We are about to get our second.

Wish I had done the research before buying the Chargepoints. Hopefully they update their software to support more chargers per account in the future. Seems like an odd limitation.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 05-12-2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:31 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
Currently only one per account. I have 2 ChargePoint flex chargers, one at my house in RI and one in my house in Florida. ( I was able to buy them for $250 each due to an instant rebate at the time). Found out only one charger per account. Called ChargePoint support and they confirmed only one per account. They recommended using a different email account for the second unit. Also said they were “working” on opening up the account to more than one charger. However, I have seen posts close to two years old saying they are “working “ on it so don’t hold your breath.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:40 AM

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
EQS580
Originally Posted by Radman991
Currently only one per account. I have 2 ChargePoint flex chargers, one at my house in RI and one in my house in Florida. ( I was able to buy them for $250 each due to an instant rebate at the time). Found out only one charger per account. Called ChargePoint support and they confirmed only one per account. They recommended using a different email account for the second unit. Also said they were “working” on opening up the account to more than one charger. However, I have seen posts close to two years old saying they are “working “ on it so don’t hold your breath.
Little unknown possible solution. If you have an email account let's say abc@gmail.com you can use abc+12@gmail.com and all the emails sent to abc+12@gmail.com will automatically come in to abc@gmail.com. You don't have to create a second gmail account only use the + trick to register the 2nd CP. Hope it helps.
The following users liked this post:
Radman991 (05-15-2023)