EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Beware of valet mode issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 12:54 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Beware of valet mode issue

On Friday our family went to a nice restaurant for dinner for my wife's birthday. Pulled up to the valet and decided to try the valet mode for the first time. Under apps, you see the valet mode option and can enable the valet mode which restricts speed, acceleration and access to your user profiles etc. When we left the restaurant, I could NOT get the car out of valet mode - it kept saying "you are not authorized to change the valet mode settings" - WTF, I'm the one who paid for the car!

We ended up driving home with a max speed of 45mph and acceleration that was designed for a parking lot. Called Mercedes Me support and they had no idea what was going on but attempted to remove valet mode from profile and said it would take 24hrs to get out of the mode (which was concerning since I needed to drive in the morning).

I also got the software update notification so I said that I might as well install that and go to sleep and see what happens in the morning. Luckily next morning I could go into valet mode and switch off the setting. Don't know if ultimately was the update that fixed the issue or the removing of valet mode from my services. I have added valet mode back to my profile but am scared to try it again.

Just fyi - try valet mode at your next dealership appointment before you try it first at a restaurant!
The following users liked this post:
guess2098 (05-14-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 02:17 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by abhansali
Just fyi - try valet mode at your next dealership appointment before you try it first at a restaurant!
Apparently there is an inverse relationship between the price you pay and the number of annoyances it deals out to you. Sigh...
Thanks for the alert on this and your excellent suggestion! I will add it to the list of things I need to check/try/confirm/validate/de-confuse/pester salesmen about/etc. when I take delivery of my new EQE SUV.
Old 05-14-2023, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi ETron
I've used valet mode once without an issue. I turned it on and off from the app, not directly on the MBUX.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:04 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 EQS 580 4Matic SUV
I used it a dozen time while in Las Vegas, no issue.
Old 06-07-2023, 08:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
EQS 450
My 1 week-old EQS 450 is in permanent valet mode - it won't start