EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Seat will not go down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 08:18 PM

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Seat will not go down

We’ve owned our EQS 580 for about 4 months and we’re really happy with it. We’ve had no issues but this little minor one. I’m wondering if it’s software or a motor? I may take the car in to have it checked out.

When entering the car, the seat moves into a preset position. However, my head practically hits the ceiling because the seat is in the highest position with the headrest touching the ceiling. Pressing the seat cushion down on the door control does nothing, however pressing to move backwards or forwards works. Automatic seat positioning will work but the seat will not move down. It stays in the highest position.

This scenario has happened 3 times in for months. The second time it happened, I switch the car on/off and that fixed the problem. Today, I tried turning it on/off 3 times. Nothing worked.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 05-17-2023, 06:59 PM

Received 445 Likes on 279 Posts
EQS 450+
I wonder if a sales or service person who is short put in a profile for the seat position? I would try programming the seat positions into the profile positions on the door, and see if that fixes it.
Old 06-07-2023, 08:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
EQS 450
Originally Posted by TH22
We’ve owned our EQS 580 for about 4 months and we’re really happy with it. We’ve had no issues but this little minor one. I’m wondering if it’s software or a motor? I may take the car in to have it checked out.

When entering the car, the seat moves into a preset position. However, my head practically hits the ceiling because the seat is in the highest position with the headrest touching the ceiling. Pressing the seat cushion down on the door control does nothing, however pressing to move backwards or forwards works. Automatic seat positioning will work but the seat will not move down. It stays in the highest position.

This scenario has happened 3 times in for months. The second time it happened, I switch the car on/off and that fixed the problem. Today, I tried turning it on/off 3 times. Nothing worked.

Has anyone else experienced this?
This car is too expensive to have issues after 4 months, even minor ones. Particularly issues which come and go when the car is switched on/off. Did we buy a car or a Windows 95 computer?