Mercedes Wallbox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQE500
terminal connection

Originally Posted by EQS580SUV
I did it and it worked like a charm, Used a 4 prong, but, there was no terminal in the Mercedes Wall box for a neutral, Just L1, L2, and Ground. So a 3 Prong would work fine, Stick with as short of a cable as possible. Terminal was a bit tricky, but figured it out. Ultimately decided against the whole thing as the Mercedes Wall Box Charge cable was a bit Shorter than needed to reach the EQS. I therefore reverted to the APEX box, which offered a longer cable. Conclusion: Avoid a Plug in application, if possible, but it can be done with the proper 14/50 cable for a plug in application and its beautiful, just make sure the charge cable reaches the car charging port first, LOL. Quite an experience. Now, I'm Selling the Mercedes Wall box, if anyone is interested. Local SoCal Pick up $499.
I am facing the same tricky terminal, as there is no screw. How should the 6 AWG thick conductor supposedly to be secured in the terminal -- just push in hard???
Old 06-11-2024, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS 580, EQE AMG
Originally Posted by hoegaarden
I am facing the same tricky terminal, as there is no screw. How should the 6 AWG thick conductor supposedly to be secured in the terminal -- just push in hard???
I did push hard and the wire seems to be secured. I've been charging for over a month without issues.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM

Received 436 Likes on 274 Posts
EQS 450+
Just thought I'd check to see if my 2022 EQS qualified. Went to the provided link and put in my VIN. It keeps telling me the VIN is invalid. But, it's my VIN, and it's in the MBConnect app. . Any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2024, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS 580, EQE AMG
Originally Posted by hlothery
Just thought I'd check to see if my 2022 EQS qualified. Went to the provided link and put in my VIN. It keeps telling me the VIN is invalid. But, it's my VIN, and it's in the MBConnect app. . Any suggestions?
I've had the same issue with one of my cars, they responded saying the vin was not included in the promotion and was nothing they could do. I do have a couple of chargers still in the box for sale, let me know if interested. Located in Miami.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:01 PM

Received 436 Likes on 274 Posts
EQS 450+
Originally Posted by 1mile
I've had the same issue with one of my cars, they responded saying the vin was not included in the promotion and was nothing they could do. I do have a couple of chargers still in the box for sale, let me know if interested. Located in Miami.
I'm OK with that.....just not with them telling me my VIN is invalid instead of saying I'm just not included in this promotion. Oh, well.....I'll get over it. Thanks.