EQS EQS (V297) sedan

MBUX issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 02:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS 580
MBUX issue

My MBUX has been having issues with Bluetooth connectivity. I can connect and play music from my Galaxy 23 Utra for no more than 30 seconds. After which, the screen goes blank as though it's trying to load. Then, I'm only able to select TuneIn and FM stations. Even with these 2 options, once I choose

, it takes almost a minute before it will allow me to switch to the other. Streaming does not work. Android auto does not have any problems. I have tried a different phone with the same results. My phone does not have any issues connecting with any other Bluetooth device. In fact, as this issue is happening, the phone will show the progress of the music. Restarting the connection does not work. This has been going on for over two weeks. I had hoped the issue would self resolve with the car sitting for 4 days without being started, but continues. I need to take my 580 to the dealer to have my center cupholder door repaired/replaced because it will not stay open. If there is a simple fix for my MBUX, I would love to give it a try before I take it in.

Old 03-01-2024, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2019 C63CS
You can try to reboot it. Press and hold the on/off button until it restarts.
The following users liked this post:
SaffsDad (03-02-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 06:14 PM

EQS 580
Originally Posted by superswiss
You can try to reboot it. Press and hold the on/off button until it restarts.
Attempted twice, no change. Voice, works fine. It's only music that's affected 🤷🏽
​​​
Old 03-01-2024, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2019 C63CS
Not sure if you've gotten any OTA updates yet, but your experience mirrors my experience for the last couple of years with new C300, S 500 and EQS loaners. MBUX is a buggy mess. I generally try to use CarPlay so I have a personalized experience in a car that isn't' mine, but CarPlay was constantly crashing in these cars and I had Bluetooth issues as well. I generally had best luck by plugging the phone in to the USB port, but even then CarPlay would eventually crash. Supposedly some of these bugs were fixed with updates, but loaner vehicles don't get OTA updates, so every time I have a loaner it's frustrating the hell out of me, because MBUX is buggy as hell. I just sent feedback to MB USA yesterday about the state of the loaner fleets and how buggy the software is. I always viewed loaner cars as a great marketing tool to let existing customers sample new generations of the cars, but as buggy as they are it makes me run and look elsewhere.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-01-2024 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:15 PM

EQS 580
No update as far as I can tell. There appears to be a recent suspension update out there but I haven't seen any messages that I received it.
Old 03-02-2024, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by Fyrcity
My MBUX has been having issues with Bluetooth connectivity. I can connect and play music from my Galaxy 23 Utra for no more than 30 seconds. After which, the screen goes blank as though it's trying to load. Then, I'm only able to select TuneIn and FM stations. Even with these 2 options, once I choose

, it takes almost a minute before it will allow me to switch to the other. Streaming does not work. Android auto does not have any problems. I have tried a different phone with the same results. My phone does not have any issues connecting with any other Bluetooth device. In fact, as this issue is happening, the phone will show the progress of the music. Restarting the connection does not work. This has been going on for over two weeks. I had hoped the issue would self resolve with the car sitting for 4 days without being started, but continues. I need to take my 580 to the dealer to have my center cupholder door repaired/replaced because it will not stay open. If there is a simple fix for my MBUX, I would love to give it a try before I take it in.
Which other phone did you try? I don't use music streaming from the phone often but it has been fine with my Galaxy S20 (something), perhaps a new bt feature with the 24 that the car struggles with?

Which MBUX SW release do you have? Mine is quite old.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:51 AM

Received 345 Likes on 235 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
I solved my slow and laggy infotainment system by shrinking the flash drive I plug in the for dashcam down to 64 GB from 1 TB. It doesn't like large volumes.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 06:03 AM

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by Crito
I solved my slow and laggy infotainment system by shrinking the flash drive I plug in the for dashcam down to 64 GB from 1 TB. It doesn't like large volumes.
A potentially useful tip, Crito. I'm glad you discovered this!
Old 04-22-2024, 07:53 PM

EQS 580
I finally was able to send my EQS to the shop. I was still unable to connect my phone through Bluetooth unless I used Android Auto (I prefer MBUX in the EQS). I also had an issue with the center console staying open. First, the Bluetooth issue came back as fault code B227D00. To fix, the software was updated to RL_NTG7_445.201, now it's all good. The center console was replaced, but the replacement started having the same as the original so I had to wait for another to get ordered.