EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Matter of time.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 EQS 580 Nautical Blue Macchiato interior.
Matter of time.

Well, New England roads ( Boston) claimed a front passenger tire. The 21” tires on my EQS 580 have really not much strength & you can’t miss all of the potholes. Have about 14k on the odometer.
Good news is I have five years of tire & wheel coverage!
Price of that coverage was painful, but knew it was needed for our roads. Car had to be flat bed towed to local dealer. They ordered the tire & hope to have it back to me this evening. Guess the skill of changing flats on these cars is a lost art!

Last edited by ranord; 04-09-2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:05 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
EQE 500
Same happened to me in an EQE with 20" wheels. I always feel like an idiot when I buy the wheel and tire package but feel like a genius when I'm cashing it in.
I'd rather have run flats than sitting on the side of a highway waiting over an hour for the flatbed though.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 EQS 580 Nautical Blue Macchiato interior.
Well, New England roads ( Boston) claimed a front passenger tire. The 21” tires on my EQS 580 have really not much strength & you can’t miss all of the potholes. Have about 14k on the odometer.
Good news is I have five years of tire & wheel coverage!
Price of that coverage was painful, but knew it was needed for our roads. Car had to be flat bed towed to local dealer. They ordered the tire & hope to have it back to me this evening. Guess the skill of changing flats on these cars is a lost art!

Update: Mercedes dealership had tire in afternoon & installed. Sensor was bad though, so have to go back later in week for 25 minute install. Price of admission was $538. In reflection, dealership gave me a EQS 450 as loaner…..still the 1st world problem of no spare, etc. Did find out the tires are run-flats. Probably could have driven to dealer about 8 miles away, rather than wait for tow truck. However, If Mercedes roadside service is used & car is taken to dealer, no charge. Again, tire & wheel insurance (like all insurance) is piece of mind. Probably won’t be the last time….
Old 04-11-2024, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 815 Likes on 523 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I have lost 3 tires in my first 18 months of ownership. However mine are run-flats so I never had much inconvenience. Plus my dealer can get replacements same day as they are within driving distance of Tire-Rack's regional distribution warehouse so they just send a guy to go pick up the replacement tire if its out of stock in the store.

Also have the protection package so these failures cost me nothing.
The following users liked this post:
AppleFan1 (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 05:27 PM

Received 158 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
Get rid of your run flats and nothing will happen to your tires. Funny how things happen that way. I never had a blow out until I got a run flat. Then I had a fast leak on a runflat. In retrospect, after decades of driving, I had no issues until I had runflats. Strange how that happens.