c4004matic (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,724 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by ILoveNY
a lot of forum users asked for the standing hood star

also a lot of users asked in the new E-class forum
I think all the Mercedes sedans should have the option of the traditional grille and the standing star. No clue why MB doesn’t bring those to the US, they sell them in other markets.

Originally Posted by MB37
If they offered an EV S-class in its current 3 compartment form, I would have said not for me; the tablet displays was a deal breaker especially for an "s class." When I see an ornament on top of a hood, I think 70s retro. I don't recall any AMG with an hood ornament, but I could be overlooking. I don't get the attractiveness of a hood ornament; perhaps that's why I've been a bimmer guy for so long. RRs have hood ornament, but it also retracts ts that it can't be easily stolen.
The standing star is a Mercedes staple. Personally, looking down the hood at the standing star is one of the things I enjoy the most about my S Class. It’s just part of the heritage and look of a Mercedes sedan

Originally Posted by Prago
That's not happening in 2026. The EQS will get a further refresh next year with electric motors designed in house and an 800v charging system. The traditional electric S-class isn't coming until 2028.
Im just restating what was said in the latest C&D article about the future of the S Class and EQS. the 2026 EQS refresh will include styling changes that will make it more upright looking.
The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (04-11-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 02:18 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
I suppose change is difficult for people including myself. When I first sat in the EQS, I was like, what the hell, where's the front end of my car? All I saw was full on space! I raised my seat to the high point to see the hood but to no avail. I settled, and now, when I drive the other cars and see the hoods, I think to myself. Damn, I've been living under a rock all these years and didn't know it.

In all seriousness, it a personal preference that changed for me. I love to look out the windshield and not have anything that obstruct my view. I even put the state registration sticker in the most top corner. I'll remove the center rear view mirror next.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I suppose change is difficult for people including myself. When I first sat in the EQS, I was like, what the hell, where's the front end of my car? All I saw was full on space! I raised my seat to the high point to see the hood but to no avail. I settled, and now, when I drive the other cars and see the hoods, I think to myself. Damn, I've been living under a rock all these years and didn't know it.

In all seriousness, it a personal preference that changed for me. I love to look out the windshield and not have anything that obstruct my view. I even put the state registration sticker in the most top corner. I'll remove the center rear view mirror next.
With the EQS design, I suspect that even with the upright star, you won't be able to see it from the driver seat because the end of the hood is so low.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:27 PM

23' EQS AMG
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
With the EQS design, I suspect that even with the upright star, you won't be able to see it from the driver seat because the end of the hood is so low.
True. So I just look at my steering wheel, or do an extension so that the standing star stands a little higher. It will help me to gauge where my right side rims are when driving so I can more accurately crash soda cans.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic

See, I like being able to see the hood. The cars you can't see the hood in are economy cars and vans and FWD cars, I like the nice long hood and the RWD proportions.

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Yeah you probably won't be able to see the star from the drivers seat.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:30 PM

23' EQS AMG
When I ride a roller coaster, I like to be in the first car. The EQS gives me that effect especially when it is quick.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:35 PM

23' EQS AMG
Imagine back in the day when people had horses and carriage. Now, people try to simulate that experience in the city. The only downside is that you have to have a poop catcher, so the occupant smells it all now. Forward moving cars should put the occupants in the front. However, we know that's dangerous unless we are flying or in space. The low front end gives us that experience. I like that very much.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:15 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 AMG S63 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by SW20S
Im just restating what was said in the latest C&D article about the future of the S Class and EQS. the 2026 EQS refresh will include styling changes that will make it more upright looking.
They said no such thing, I think you just misread the article. I can only assume you're talking about this one: What's Ahead for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS (caranddriver.com). They did say this:

"Dubbed V580, the next EQS is based on MB.EA-L, the largest format of the brand's new electric architecture, which will make its debut in the 2026 GLC. All MB.EA products will feature a new grille inspired by the more upright proportions that were an untouchable Mercedes trademark for decades. "

and "the EQS still needs to retire in four years and will be replaced by a completely new design that revives the traditional three-box sedan proportions."

The MB.EA platform makes it debut in the 2026 electric GLC, not the next gen EQS. That's coming in 2028.

Last edited by Prago; 04-12-2024 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 727 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580

There is no doubt that it takes time to adjust to the sightlines. The A pillar is the worst offender. It is also difficult to park until you get use to the cameras. Im always hyperalert about curbing the rims. The winter tires have more sidewall so the rims are scuff free. Again form follows function and that shape does require some sacrifices. Note however that no one complains about the restricted sightlines on a Lambo😁

Last edited by c4004matic; 04-12-2024 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
When I ride a roller coaster, I like to be in the first car. The EQS gives me that effect especially when it is quick.
I like to ride in the first car of a roller coaster too, but roller coasters and cars aren't the same thing. A car feels much more substantial and premium to me if I look out over a long hood.

Originally Posted by Prago
They said no such thing, I think you just misread the article. I can only assume you're talking about this one: What's Ahead for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS (caranddriver.com). They did say this:

"Dubbed V580, the next EQS is based on MB.EA-L, the largest format of the brand's new electric architecture, which will make its debut in the 2026 GLC. All MB.EA products will feature a new grille inspired by the more upright proportions that were an untouchable Mercedes trademark for decades. "

and "the EQS still needs to retire in four years and will be replaced by a completely new design that revives the traditional three-box sedan proportions."

Thats one of the articles, but it doesn't talk much about the 2026 refresh (this 2025 is just a slight tweak, they have been clear it is not the refresh) which supposedly will offer more substantial changes to the front and rear ends to make them more traditional prior to the all new car in 2028. If you watch some of the reviews they discuss the 2026 refresh so it was presumably part of the press presentation.

Since I don't love the W223 and I don't want to wait until 2026 for a refresh, what I may do is lease an i7 and then when that lease is up we should hopefully have the new EQS with a more traditional shape.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:39 PM

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Range Rover Land Rover
Originally Posted by Eaton
Still no mention of comfort doors!
The Bas-turds!
Old 04-13-2024, 01:43 PM

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Range Rover Land Rover
Originally Posted by Eaton
Still no mention of comfort doors!
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
My 3 year one payment lease expires in May of 2025. I really like what I see so far. I’ll be on the list for the 2025 EQS580.
There's already a list?
Old 04-13-2024, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 209 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Soulman
There's already a list?
The video someone posted above (look at about the 6 minute mark) definitely shows that it will indeed have soft closing doors.

No, there is no list yet.

Last edited by AppleFan1; 04-13-2024 at 03:10 PM.