EQS EQS (V297) sedan

CCS Adfapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 09:11 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580
CCS Adfapter

Has anyone tried the Lectron NACS to CCS adapter-Vortex? Until Tesla release the Superchargers for MB use, can the Lectron be used on NACS Tesla non-superchargers?
Thanks
Old 04-03-2024, 11:02 AM

Received 227 Likes on 137 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by babrams
Has anyone tried the Lectron NACS to CCS adapter-Vortex? Until Tesla release the Superchargers for MB use, can the Lectron be used on NACS Tesla non-superchargers?
Thanks
I received the Vortex adapter this week. It only works with the Tesla Superchargers. It will not work with a Tesla destination charger. I won't be able to try it with my EQS SUV until the MB/Tesla agreement is finalized. I hope to try it with a friend's GM EV soon.
The following users liked this post:
GrayA (04-04-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 07:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580
Thanks

Thanks Lazaru5 for the info.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Genesis GV60
Can't charge at a Tesla supercharger until Tesla allows it and there is a software update for the car. A few people have tried other vehicles and the Tesla app says "unauthorized vehicles".

For Tesla destination charger (level 2 charging), you'd need one of these:

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lect...-adapter-white

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lect...nnectors-black

There are also many other brands that make this adapter.

Last edited by GrayA; 04-04-2024 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,080 Likes on 710 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by babrams
Thanks
Simple answer....NO.
The issue is and always has been software. The form factor of the plug has never been a problem. If Tesla had enabled all their chargers to use the "magic dock" software you could simply use a third party adapter. But no, like Apple, they simply want to make it as hard as possible for others to use their system and for the other manufacturers to pay licensing fees. Which BTW is the same reason I have never bought an Apple product.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:03 PM

Genesis GV60
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Simple answer....NO.
The issue is and always has been software. The form factor of the plug has never been a problem. If Tesla had enabled all their chargers to use the "magic dock" software you could simply use a third party adapter. But no, like Apple, they simply want to make it as hard as possible for others to use their system and for the other manufacturers to pay licensing fees. Which BTW is the same reason I have never bought an Apple product.
With Ford and Rivian who now have access, they install software so that you can plug and charge and it also handles the payment info, since Tesla Superchargers don't have a screen nor credit card reader.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by GrayA
With Ford and Rivian who now have access, they install software so that you can plug and charge and it also handles the payment info, since Tesla Superchargers don't have a screen nor credit card reader.
Yes but its brand specific. MB will be later this year. Note, not all superchargers will be available even then. My guess is the ones that are will show up on the MB nav.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:36 PM

Genesis GV60
Yes but its brand specific. MB will be later this year. Note, not all superchargers will be available even then. My guess is the ones that are will show up on the MB nav.
Yeah, if they follow Ford and Rivian, they will show up in the MB nav and they will give free adapters. For both of the automakers, the adapters were made by Tesla.

You can see the ones that will be available at https://www.tesla.com/findus

Select only "Superchargers open to NACS"
Old 04-07-2024, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 746 Likes on 488 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I have heard good things about this brand. I just ordered it. The build quality seems better than the Lectron but the Lectron has an auto lock vs manual lock. He did say it felt better built than the Tesla adapter which is what mercedes will give us.

https://a2zevshop.com

I don't trust lectron although the reviews for that are good too.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 04-07-2024 at 09:04 PM.
GrayA (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I have heard good things about this brand. I just ordered it.

https://a2zevshop.com

I don't trust lectron.
Wait for the Tesla one. If MB follows the other manufacturers, you will receive a FREE one in the mail. Its made Tesla and its exactly the adapter from the Tesla magic dock chargers.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:14 PM

Genesis GV60
The reason Ford and Rivian owners are buying them even though they will eventually get them for free is that want to use Tesla superchargers now. Adapter inventory is low and it is taking months to get them. However, perhaps that will be corrected by the time MB is eligible.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Wait for the Tesla one. If MB follows the other manufacturers, you will receive a FREE one in the mail. Its made Tesla and its exactly the adapter from the Tesla magic dock chargers.
the wait could be a while. I got the invite from Rivian and they couldn’t say when it would ship even though the invites are staged. Sounded like months not weeks.

the products we are discussing in this thread are higher quality ones. Not like the ones on Amazon.

GrayA (04-08-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Simple answer....NO.
Yeah but Apple products work flawlessly in a way that those more liberal ecosystems like the PC do not.

Boycotting Apple products is like saying you are flying coach all the time because you want to stick it to the airlines by not paying the higher cost per seat mile of first class.
hlothery (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 203 Posts
2022 EQS580
Simple answer....NO.
My son had the same feelings about Apple as you have. However, he decided to try out the new iPhone. Now he also has a Mac and his twin daughters have iPads and iPhones. To make a long story short, he loves it. They also subscribe to Apple TV+ which has some extraordinary shows.
Btw, no one beats Apple on security and privacy. I absolutely love Apple products but to each his own.
hlothery (04-09-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 12:57 PM

Received 345 Likes on 235 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Apple "makes" (designs really, TSMC makes) the best ARM processors and iOS on an iPad has the best touch interface on the planet. Unfortunately you have to buy into their whole "ecosystem" which is the part I hate. I want to use an Android phone and a Linux laptop with my iPad and that doesn't work so well. Tesla seemed like they were going down the same proprietary road but opening up NACS and their charging network goes a long way to making things right, IMVHO.

According to ISO/IEC 2382-01, Information Technology Vocabulary, Fundamental Terms, interoperability is defined as follows: "The capability to communicate, execute programs, or transfer data among various functional units in a manner that requires the user to have little or no knowledge of the unique characteristics of those units"
Old 04-12-2024, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes EQS 450+ 2023
Which adapter preferred for Tesla destination use?

Can't charge at a Tesla supercharger until Tesla allows it and there is a software update for the car. A few people have tried other vehicles and the Tesla app says "unauthorized vehicles".

For Tesla destination charger (level 2 charging), you'd need one of these:

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lect...-adapter-white

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lect...nnectors-black

There are also many other brands that make this adapter.
which of the two suggested is preferable? Do you know how many estimated miles you get an hour at a Tesla destination charger? Are these the Tesla chargers that are at hotels? Do you have to be staying at that hotel to use them? I ask bc we are planning a roadtrip. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2024, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Flashwa
which of the two suggested is preferable? Do you know how many estimated miles you get an hour at a Tesla destination charger? Are these the Tesla chargers that are at hotels? Do you have to be staying at that hotel to use them? I ask bc we are planning a roadtrip. Thanks!
The destination chargers charge at 8.6 max as far as I can tell (my expierience). At a hotel, overnight you can charge 100%
Old 04-13-2024, 11:45 AM

Genesis GV60
Originally Posted by Flashwa
Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the EQS has a 40A max charge rate for level 2 charging, so it's better to save money and buy the 40A one for $99. There are also many cheaper ones on Amazon. Search for "tesla to j1772". Yes, they can be used at Tesla chargers at hotels.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the EQS has a 40A max charge rate for level 2 charging, so it's better to save money and buy the 40A one for $99. There are also many cheaper ones on Amazon. Search for "tesla to j1772". Yes, they can be used at Tesla chargers at hotels.
In fact, no. Tesla has 50A level 2 chargers thus, even though the EQS only chargers a 40A amp adapter will not work with those.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:33 PM

Genesis GV60
In fact, no. Tesla has 50A level 2 chargers thus, even though the EQS only chargers a 40A amp adapter will not work with those.
It won't pull at 40A with the 40A adapter even though the charger is 50A? In that case, buy a 50A adapter.
Old 04-13-2024, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
It won't pull at 40A with the 40A adapter even though the charger is 50A? In that case, buy a 50A adapter.
stare of charge has a good vid on why its a no-no.