Interior trim question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 EQS 580
Interior trim question

Hello Everyone!
I just purchased a 2022 EQS 580. The interior trim seems to be the simulated grey wood trim. That's the only thing I would change about the vehicle (that, and a couple scratches on the outside which are really annoying haha). Is it possible to purchase a real wood interior trim kit? I really like the way the wood looks.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2024, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 746 Likes on 488 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I looked into this when I was considering buying an EQS SUV. The wood trim you want is either the Walnut with aluminum lines or the Magnolia with aluminum stars. Both of those are natural grain wood. The real thing.

There are 5 parts - one for each door plus the center console. List price for the 5 parts all together is about $2k though some online vendors sell it for $1500 (25% off). I don't know what installation costs. My guess is that all together it would cost about $3k to replace unless you do the work yourself. In the end I decided it's better to just buy a car with the right trim.

BTW I love the Walnut with aluminum lines. I have it in my 580. Great trim, and looks stunning at night as the lines reflect the ambient light.
The following users liked this post:
MB37 (04-12-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 EQS 580
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I looked into this when I was considering buying an EQS SUV. The wood trim you want is either the Walnut with aluminum lines or the Magnolia with aluminum stars. Both of those are natural grain wood. The real thing.

There are 5 parts - one for each door plus the center console. List price for the 5 parts all together is about $2k though some online vendors sell it for $1500 (25% off). I don't know what installation costs. My guess is that all together it would cost about $3k to replace unless you do the work yourself. In the end I decided it's better to just buy a car with the right trim.

BTW I love the Walnut with aluminum lines. I have it in my 580. Great trim, and looks stunning at night as the lines reflect the ambient light.
I ended up getting the walnut without the aluminum lines. Do you happen to have a photo of your trim? Im kind of curious how it looks and couldn't see any close ups on the internet. Funny enough, it cost me about 1913 to order the dark walnut set. And it was indeed 5 trim pieces. But now I am curious if that's the right amount. Technically the center console should have 2 pieces. Not 1 piece. The lid, and the area around the buttons.. As far as installation goes, I am extremely savvy in installing them. Mercedes wanted to charge $4k to install the trim. So I chose to install it myself.