EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Charging Pauses for EQS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 07:41 PM

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
Update: For the Tesla Universal Wall Connector, putting it in "Compatibility Mode" seems to have done the trick. It no longer cycles or clicks every 5 to 6 minutes.
It would only cycle once after plugging in, then stay off until charging pause has stopped.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (06-02-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 09:01 PM

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts
EQS 580
I found it easier to program the wall charger than to use the MBUX.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:33 PM

Received 255 Likes on 150 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by nosnoop
Update: For the Tesla Universal Wall Connector, putting it in "Compatibility Mode" seems to have done the trick. It no longer cycles or clicks every 5 to 6 minutes.
It would only cycle once after plugging in, then stay off until charging pause has stopped.
Could you elaborate on what Compatibility Mode is? What are the other possible modes?

Are you able to use the Pre-condition departure time feature now that you set the EVSE to Compatibility mode?

Old 06-03-2024, 12:15 PM

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by LAZARU5
Could you elaborate on what Compatibility Mode is? What are the other possible modes?
Are you able to use the Pre-condition departure time feature now that you set the EVSE to Compatibility mode?
In the Tesla App for Wall Connectors, under Settings -> Access Control, you can select the following options:
  • Any Electric Vehicle
  • Any Tesla Vehicle
  • Only Authorized Tesla Vehicles
  • Compatibility Mode
I got the cycling with "Any Electric Vehicle" mode, while "Compatibility Mode" now works better.
And yes, I am able to use the Pre-condition departure time set, though I won't be using it as I have switched to Ultra Low Overnight electricity rate, and I don't want it to delay charging till the morning.

Last edited by nosnoop; 06-03-2024 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2024, 02:34 PM

Received 255 Likes on 150 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by nosnoop
In the Tesla App for Wall Connectors, under Settings -> Access Control, you can select the following options:
  • Any Electric Vehicle
  • Any Tesla Vehicle
  • Only Authorized Tesla Vehicles
  • Compatibility Mode
I got the cycling with "Any Electric Vehicle" mode, while "Compatibility Mode" now works better.
And yes, I am able to use the Pre-condition departure time set, though I won't be using it as I have switched to Ultra Low Overnight electricity rate, and I don't want it to delay charging till the morning.
Thanks for the clarification. The Tesla Universal Wall Connector would be my first choice if I ever need to replace my current Tesla EVSE. It's good to know it will work with the Pause windows set.

It's still not clear to me why Compatibility Mode is required in addition to "Any Electric Vehicle."