Circular rust line on 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes e350 2021
Circular rust line on 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

There are a lot of circular rust line on rotor in all 4 wheels

Hi, I just bought a used 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+ for nearly 5000 miles from South Carolina and I live in California
I notice that there are a lot of circular rust line on all four rotors as you can see pictures provided
I went to Mercedes dealership to check it up and they said the brakes are normal and should be fine, there is nothing will affect the braking system. They said it is because of the car is from cold weather state like south carolina.
I’m still afraid that there is still problem about this. Please help me to confirm this problem, and is there anyway to remove these circular rust line?
thank you
Old 06-14-2024, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,025 Likes on 743 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Well I guess that is why the song goes "It never rains in southern California". If it bugs you you take the wheels off and take some emery cloth to it.
Old 06-14-2024, 11:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,465 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by mercRT

Hi, I just bought a used 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+ for nearly 5000 miles from South Carolina and I live in California
I notice that there are a lot of circular rust line on all four rotors as you can see pictures provided
I went to Mercedes dealership to check it up and they said the brakes are normal and should be fine, there is nothing will affect the braking system. They said it is because of the car is from cold weather state like south carolina.
I’m still afraid that there is still problem about this. Please help me to confirm this problem, and is there anyway to remove these circular rust line?
thank you
do not be afraid, be comforted.

there is no problem

have a better day

no need to remove this
Old 06-15-2024, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
That is normal and is sure to happen with EVs.
The brake rotors are steel, and will show rust if they get wet or you live in a humid climate.
The rust gets scrubbed off by the brake pads when brakes are applied. Which may not be often in an EV depending on how you drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tjdehya:
MBNUT1 (06-16-2024), tooold2race (06-21-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 01:45 PM

Received 267 Likes on 159 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
thank you
I am in Pennsylvania and have 41K+ miles on my EQS 450 4Matic SUV. The rotors on my car do exhibit some rust shortly after it rains or after it is washed. But generally the attached picture is a good representation of what the rotors look like in dry weather. I would not really consider South Carolina a cold weather State. I also don't think the temperature has anything to so with the rotor appearance. The dealer's explanation sounds more like a way of dismissing your inquiry without providing any possible reasons for the scoring on the rotors. It does appear that your rear rotors are in better condition than the front rotors. This is probably due to no recuperation braking on the front axle. It seems more likely to me that the car was exposed to abrasives like sand or fine gravel particles where it was driven in SC. MB dealers normally do not turn down rotors. The EQS front rotors have at least 2.5mm of "wearable" material, so, you could probably have them cleaned up at an independent shop and monitor the rotor condition now that the car is in California.

EQS 450 4Matic SUV rotors after 41K miles.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580

thank you
Its completely normal. If you want to lessen it, perform high speed braking once in a while. It will brush that rust right off.
Old 06-22-2024, 02:13 PM

Received 158 Likes on 93 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Well I guess that is why the song goes "It never rains in southern California". If it bugs you you take the wheels off and take some emery cloth to it.
Nothing I'd ever notice, but, not being a wheel geek, I never look at any car's wheels,
Old 06-22-2024, 11:35 PM

Received 158 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
Oh, the wheels on a car are like the jewelry worn with an evening gown. Those wheels are beautiful on an EQS. My disc looks tarnished after a wash, but cleans up nicely with a drive around the block. Then comes the brake dust of course.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:59 AM

Received 158 Likes on 93 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by MB37
Oh, the wheels on a car are like the jewelry worn with an evening gown. Those wheels are beautiful on an EQS. My disc looks tarnished after a wash, but cleans up nicely with a drive around the block. Then comes the brake dust of course.
My experience wearing or accessorizing an evening gown is extremely limited.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 08:48 PM

Received 456 Likes on 287 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Originally Posted by Lou B
My experience wearing or accessorizing an evening gown is extremely limited.
I'm an expert removal agent......just sayin