EQS EQS (V297) sedan

EQS reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 07:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by Crito
The software doesn't instill confidence. If your tire pressure is too low, for example, you'll get a flurry of messages about driver assistance things being disabled. I'm also constantly being notified that my flash drive is full, that there might still be someone in the car, and apparently I can't remember to take my keys anywhere. Once you learn to ignore the system and all the nonsense it's trying to tell you, though, it's not so nerve-racking. I've turned off everything that can be turned off at this point and the car always goes when I want to go, which is what a car is supposed to do, not start invigorating refreshment programs in the middle of an intersection and squirting fragrances up my nose while I'm trying to maneuver between big trucks.

This'll be my first and last Mercedes for sure though.
Not surprising since you can't remember where the wiper controls are!
Old 08-20-2024, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 297 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Originally Posted by Strafzettel
Not surprising since you can't remember where the wiper controls are!
I'd rather have no stalks like on a Cybertruck than back-assward stalks like on a Mercedes.

Come to think of it, I'm going to order one. Tesla says I can get it next month. Gotta feel sorry for the suckers who waited years to get one! D'oh! LOL
Old 08-21-2024, 08:42 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by Crito
I'd rather have no stalks like on a Cybertruck than back-assward stalks like on a Mercedes.

Come to think of it, I'm going to order one. Tesla says I can get it next month. Gotta feel sorry for the suckers who waited years to get one! D'oh! LOL
Yes please do, can't wait to hear how satisfied you are with the built quality!
Old 08-22-2024, 04:47 AM

Received 365 Likes on 225 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
Our EQS has been a dream, no issues at all. It's been an enjoyable ownership experience.

The Cadillac Lyriq that we just got less than 2 months ago? It's already been at the dealership for 2 weeks straight. That car is a mess and is the most unreliable car I've ever experienced. It's really making me realize what a dream the EQS has been. It's just simple and works and doesn't give me any fuss. One of the best cars we've ever had. One of the best EVs we've ever had.
Yup, know what you mean. Our "Lyriq" was a 2019 Jaguar I Pace for which we paid $100,000 right when they came out in 2019. The car was a half baked disaster almost from the start, despite being (and still being even five years later) an incredible car when working. I can't say enough good things about how awesome the car was in terms of build quality (Magna Steyer built), handling (and true off road capability w/ Land Rover tricks), incredibly fast and quiet, awesome cabin and materials. But Jaguar was in over its head on the software end of things, and had disastrous problems with the LG battery and interface w/ the car's electronics. I've kept an eye on the I Pace forum out of curiosity. Jaguar finally admitted to the scale of the problems, and had I kept it I would have gotten a new battery or a new car. The forum has devolved into almost nothing but people trying to salvage their cars. Call it Fisker light. Gladly, the EQS is nothing like that. At 25,000 miles now, all is well. I don't recall any Jaguar/Lyriq like disaster stories here. Two years in my EQB is still perfect.
The following 2 users liked this post by nath_h:
MBNUT1 (08-22-2024), QuadBenz (08-22-2024)
Old 08-24-2024, 02:42 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
EQS580
28K trouble free miles over 2 years. I love the car.
The following 3 users liked this post by bgrewal:
hlothery (08-24-2024), MBNUT1 (08-25-2024), MercNooby (08-26-2024)