AMG front bumper in a no AMG line EQS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS - SLK
AMG front bumper in a no AMG line EQS?

Hi to all.
I recently bought an Electric Art (non AMG line) 450+ EQS, but i really prefer the look of the AMG front bumper compared to the Electric Art line, so i got a used and slightly scratched AMG front bumper that i will be painted and installed on the car.
The thing is the MB dealer i contacted to do the work, told me they were not sure the AMG front bumper could be intstalled on my car due to the fixings and the radiators position...
Anyone knows if this change can be easily made (like plug and play) or made at all?
Or do you have to mod something else to be able to install a AMG front bumper on a non AMG line EQS?
Any help with this is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2024, 05:07 PM

Received 423 Likes on 271 Posts
EQS 450+
Originally Posted by TR-EQS
Hi to all.
I recently bought an Electric Art (non AMG line) 450+ EQS, but i really prefer the look of the AMG front bumper compared to the Electric Art line, so i got a used and slightly scratched AMG front bumper that i will be painted and installed on the car.
The thing is the MB dealer i contacted to do the work, told me they were not sure the AMG front bumper could be intstalled on my car due to the fixings and the radiators position...
Anyone knows if this change can be easily made (like plug and play) or made at all?
Or do you have to mod something else to be able to install a AMG front bumper on a non AMG line EQS?
Any help with this is appreciated.
Thanks
Don't know the answer to your question. However, my non-AMG 450+ has an AMG front bumper. It came with the AMG interior and exterior enhancements, so that may mean there were modifications made when constructed. I'm sure the dealer knows the answer.
The following users liked this post:
TR-EQS (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 10:13 PM

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts
23'EQS AMG
Are you doing the whole bumper or just the middle grille? There is a thread that someone have done the amg grille, and it fits well.
TR-EQS (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 10:40 PM

EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by hlothery
Don't know the answer to your question. However, my non-AMG 450+ has an AMG front bumper. It came with the AMG interior and exterior enhancements, so that may mean there were modifications made when constructed. I'm sure the dealer knows the answer.
Ok, thank you.
But unlike yours, my 450+ is a no AMG interior or exterior (no AMG line), so that's the catch.
Old 06-15-2024, 10:42 PM

EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by MB37
Are you doing the whole bumper or just the middle grille? There is a thread that someone have done the amg grille, and it fits well.
I'm doing the whole bumper and grille.
As far as i know the grille alone would't be a problem.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
EQE 350 4matic
Mounting points are the same, due to sheer lack of desire from MB designer both lux and sport (AMG) exterior are the same there is no change in internals or body in whites

As a matter of fact AMG models too don’t get any more active aero of passive vents. I guess the wind tunnel has spoken
The following 2 users liked this post by EQEBlue:
MB37 (06-17-2024), TR-EQS (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 10:12 AM

EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by EQEBlue
Mounting points are the same, due to sheer lack of desire from MB designer both lux and sport (AMG) exterior are the same there is no change in internals or body in whites

As a matter of fact AMG models too don’t get any more active aero of passive vents. I guess the wind tunnel has spoken
Thank you.
That would be perfect in this case.
Hope you are right.
Old 06-17-2024, 01:16 PM

Received 423 Likes on 271 Posts
EQS 450+
Thank you.
That would be perfect in this case.
Hope you are right.
Hope it works for you. The bumper is awesome. I don't have the grill, but I like it's looks. BTW, the AMG steering wheel is also fantastic,
TR-EQS (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 03:27 PM

EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by hlothery
Hope it works for you. The bumper is awesome. I don't have the grill, but I like it's looks. BTW, the AMG steering wheel is also fantastic,
Thank you
I agree, the AMG bumper and grille looks much better.
But the bumper i bought comes with the stars grille, which, to me, looks better than the plain black grille i currently have.

Last edited by TR-EQS; 06-17-2024 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
EQE 350 4matic
Thanh you
I agree, the AMG bumper and grille looks much better.
But the bumper i bought comes with the stars grille, which, to me, looks better than the plain black grille i currently have.
Im doing something similar to my EQE. I loved the panamericana grill but not the AMG exterior package. My initial build was also for AMG interior package with but that’s not an acceptable build.

I sourced an AMG radiator cover looking for AMG neva grey wheel without the knobs. Doesn’t anyone know where I can look for the part numbers?