Expired Services

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 01:48 PM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
Expired Services

Hi,
I just got an email from Mercedes that some of my car's services are expiring. I already lost some important ones like the ability for the map to locate level 3 charging stations while on a trip after 1 year.

Clicking on the email link is confusing. The cost is not listed for whatever the email points to unless you logon or create an account. I don't want to create an account unless the price is something I would consider. I *THINK* what they are trying to sell is Mercedes Connect.

One of the services listed is Mercedes me Charge. Is that the service that I lost after 1 year, or am I loosing even more services related to charging? Again, you have to logon to get any info.

Another service, Mercedes-Benz Navigation. If you press more info, it says Permanently available in the vehicle following once-only activation. I always had the ability to input in a destination and the NAV/map would take me there step by step. Is this the same thing? Will I continue to retain my current NAV as I just described?

Traffic Sign Assist. I already have this feature. at least for the speed limit. If you press more info, it has options for 12 months or Permanently activation. Will I loose the current speed limit sign in the dash display?

Acceleration Increase. This one has a price of $2,995.00 for lifetime activation. I have had the car for 2 years and the acceleration is already above average. Will the current acceleration become slower as my 2 year ownership happens, or is Acceleration Increase above and beyond the acceleration that I had since purchase? If it is faster and more powerful, how long does it take to install the extra equipment into the car to make that happen?

These are just some of the features I have questions about. I appreciate any thoughts and answers.

Thanks
BTW, this is a 2022 EQS450+

Last edited by Old Rocker; 07-23-2024 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add year/model
Old 07-23-2024, 04:32 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EQE 500
From memory: Mercedes Me Charge is the ChargePoint account that lets you do Plug and Charge at DCFC stations. The initial subscription is for two years.

Acceleration Increase is above and beyond what came with the car. If you’re fine with that, there’s no need to get this.

Mercedes Me Connect account: did your dealer walk you through the setup process at delivery? If so you probably already have this account.

As for prices, Mercedes me Connect was $160 per year for me after one year free. Mercedes me Charge was $80 per year after two years free.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:29 PM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere
From memory: Mercedes Me Charge is the ChargePoint account that lets you do Plug and Charge at DCFC stations. The initial subscription is for two years.

Acceleration Increase is above and beyond what came with the car. If you’re fine with that, there’s no need to get this.

Mercedes Me Connect account: did your dealer walk you through the setup process at delivery? If so you probably already have this account.

As for prices, Mercedes me Connect was $160 per year for me after one year free. Mercedes me Charge was $80 per year after two years free.
Thanks for your reply.