EQS EQS (V297) sedan

HEADS UP!! Excessive charge time penalties...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2024, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 800 Likes on 520 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by HBerman
My insurance with State Farm went DOWN for my 2024 AMG EQEX4 compared to my 2021 E63S wagon. There was no issue with it being an EV. I've read about horrific ICE fires recently so things can happen with those as well. Amazing that people are comfortable with highly explosive liquids in their garages without thinking much about the what if. Oh well, people were afraid of A/C power when it was first distributed too.
Same here. I sold my Mbenz S-class, and same month I got a brand-new Tesla (Model S) that is more expensive, and even higher market-value for pre-owned ones, and my car insurance dropped by a measurable amount.

As far as fire... let's talk facts (again):
  • Source 1:US National Transportation Safety Board
  • Fact 1: EVs are involved in fewer fires than gasoline-powered and hybrid vehicles.
  • Source 2: Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
  • Fact 2: Average is 3.8 fires per 100,000 EVs, which is 20 times less likely than internal combustion engine (ICE) car fires
The following users liked this post:
HBerman (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 04:28 PM

Received 469 Likes on 295 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
I don't think EVs will be mandated. I, too, don't like most mandates. I think most folks who try one will love and adopt them, perhaps as their alternative vehicle, while also owning an ICE for certain travels. But I have had no insurance company problems with either my cars (one EV, one hybrid) or my house (22kW Generac generator which runs the whole home during power failures). Not sure where all the insurance denial hype is coming from. I absolutely love my EQS. It is costing me about $45 a month to operate, has over 30K trouble free miles on it during which time I have spread no ICE pollutants or used any oil. I recently drove to DFW and back for about $35, with no problem charging. Not sure why anyone finds significant problems with that scenario, but that will not adversely influence my love of what I am doing. The EQS is fabulous!
The following 3 users liked this post by hlothery:
HBerman (08-11-2024), LastOne (08-11-2024), MBNUT1 (08-12-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,028 Likes on 745 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by MB2timer
Theoretically, individuals, who produce residential power from their homesteads, can power the grid, or lighten the load on the grid for extended periods. The problem is, residential insurers are canceling insurance on such properties. The insurance companies think the risk of fire or electrical casualties are far too risky for them to provide coverage.
By the way I am not an EV hater. I see so much propaganda from the chicken little alarmists, that is obviously dishonest. I just don’t want EVs to be mandated, and I don’t want society to fall into 2 camps over it. EV’s are not going to save the world, EV drivers don’t need to hate ice drivers or virtue signal, or virtue accuse. ICE drivers don’t need to disdain EV drivers as tree hugging climate radicals.
By the way, OldManAndHisCar missed 1 very important constituency. They are far too cute to be allowed to roam the planet showing off their cuteness. Especially the baby seals.
The solar panel insurance issue looks to be to unique to Florida and being driven by a clause in Florida Power and Light contracts (who would imagine that a power company would have an issue with a competing power source?) Insurance in Hurricane regions is also becoming unaffordable. Sounds like two of many good reasons not to move to Florida.

Can you share an example of the dishonest propaganda?

In terms of car selection assuming someone isn't living off the grid and growing their own food we all are with sin with respect to the climate it's just a matter of how much and why.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 08-11-2024 at 09:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBNUT1:
HBerman (08-11-2024), hlothery (08-12-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 12:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
‘23 EQS 450+ 4matic
Every EA stop has a Bolt on the 350kw chargers! I have to say it is nice being able to charge the Rivian at Tesla SuperChargers. Can’t wait for it to open up to Benz’s. It amazes me how many Benz dealership use this as an enticement to sell EQs, without a published data when the Tesla chargers will be made available to Benz.
Old 08-13-2024, 03:38 PM

Received 274 Likes on 166 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by EQEBlue
Explain Tesla supercharger congestion fees to me
See the Congestion Fee section and FAQs at this link:

https://www.tesla.com/support/chargi...ercharger/fees
Old 08-14-2024, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 302 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Just to reiterate, the real problem is Electrify America sux:

I took a similar route through Tennessee recently... in my ICE Jaguar not my EQE SUV.
Old 08-15-2024, 10:48 AM

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
EA may indeed s*uck, but they've made significant progress in the four years that I've been using them. I get charging ~95% of the time now first time. I just wish/hope that they but in more machines now that there are more EVs out in the wild. If Tesla can, or should I say did, put in all sorts of chargers everywhere why can't EA?
Old 08-15-2024, 11:32 AM

Received 259 Likes on 194 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Originally Posted by S_W222
  • Fact 2: Average is 3.8 fires per 100,000 EVs, which is 20 times less likely than internal combustion engine (ICE) car fires

I love this stat....due to the fact that one EV owner in 3 million can work on their own car (they are in general computer programmers, not mechanics). We have a local guy who has a TON of them burn to the ground (below the pavement on the road) - https://www.electrifiedgarage.com/our-location/ocala-fl. - here is their most famous car -

Now, how many of the car fires were cars that were at a track, in a garage, in a forest fire and on and on and on and on. Facts seriously do not have any bearing on the thought processes of the EnviroWackos. Anyone who believes that number should never, ever think that they understand realities as comapred to a delusional statistic.

Last edited by OldManAndHisCar; 08-15-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-15-2024, 12:07 PM
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts
SL63
Someone asked me to substantiate my claim about climate alarmist hypocrisy. I could provide reams of it, but let’s take 1 little example. Obama and Biden, and many others too numerous to mention, have beach and/or island houses. They didn’t put their money where their mouth is, they put their money on the shoreline. This, after Greta Thunburg forcefully informed us the world would end in 4 years. Don’t worry, the climate czar, John F. Kerry, will zoom off in his private jet to Davos Switzerland and solve all the world’s climate problems leaving behind chemtrails in his wake.
How can I possibly be persuaded to believe the alarmist garbage, when all of its leading proponents are not practicing what they preach Any fool can see it has all the earmarks of a high level scam. But for you and I? Do as they say, not as they do.
Old 08-15-2024, 05:07 PM

Received 469 Likes on 295 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Geez. I sure did enjoy driving my EQS today......while trying to keep my eye on the ball.