EQS EQS (V297) sedan

How to sell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2024, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 297 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
I have eaten a lot of tuna and swordfish... hmm. Perhaps that's why I'm now thinking of just keeping my Mercedes as "the beater" and buying a Taycan too. I mean, if that's all it's worth then I guess I don't have to worry about that redneck idjut in the rusty old pickup truck who leaves his shopping cart right up against my car at Walfart every frackin' day. It's not even the same idjut. They breed herds of idjuts around here.
The following users liked this post:
HBerman (08-26-2024)
Old 08-26-2024, 11:12 AM

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
SL63
Originally Posted by Crito
I have eaten a lot of tuna and swordfish... hmm. Perhaps that's why I'm now thinking of just keeping my Mercedes as "the beater" and buying a Taycan too. I mean, if that's all it's worth then I guess I don't have to worry about that redneck idjut in the rusty old pickup truck who leaves his shopping cart right up against my car at Walfart every frackin' day. It's not even the same idjut. They breed herds of idjuts around here.
A lot of Wal martians shop at Wally World. They should have filmed Men In Black there.
The following users liked this post:
HBerman (08-26-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 07:19 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Yeah but half MSRP would be $75k which I think is the market value. Trading at $48k would mean the dealer makes a profit of $27k. $27k is too high a spread. The car needs no new tires and no paint repair because it is PPFd. Very clean car.
You said your car is low mileage and 26 months old, so it's a year older than mine. I would also think that the SUV retains value better than the sedan but that's just my guess.I sold my low mileage 2017 GLS to Carmax for 24K and they sold it for 35k so they made 11K on a 24K car!
Old 08-27-2024, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 709 Likes on 526 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by Strafzettel
You said your car is low mileage and 26 months old, so it's a year older than mine. I would also think that the SUV retains value better than the sedan but that's just my guess.I sold my low mileage 2017 GLS to Carmax for 24K and they sold it for 35k so they made 11K on a 24K car!
How long did it take them to sell it?
Old 08-27-2024, 08:05 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by wildta
How long did it take them to sell it?
Took like 2 weeks after I dropped it off until they listed it online and then like 3 days later my GLS was shipped from Chicago to VA and not available anymore. I kept checking online because I was curious what happened to the car I had for 7 years.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 805 Likes on 519 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Strafzettel
I’m not sure the SUV does jeep its value better. Maybe marginally. Prices I have seen are very similar.
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,010 Likes on 771 Posts
G550
I sold my Lexus a couple years ago through a consignment dealer. They don't buy your car outright like Carvana, and so they can operate on a lower margin. I paid a 10% commission.
First, I researched market values to determine comparable selling prices. Mine was in excellent shape and bit under average mileage for its age. I decided on a price, subtracted 10% and told the consignment dealer how much I wanted minimum. Car sold in 2 weeks for $500 more than my minimum. For me, no advertising, no scam buyers, no showings, no sales paperwork no trip to DMV, and I sold the car in a higher traffic area that brought a top price. Carvana offered me half as much in cash for what it sold for.
The following 3 users liked this post by streborx:
MB_Fahrer (Yesterday), stealth.pilot (Yesterday), wildta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 805 Likes on 519 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by streborx
I sold my Lexus a couple years ago through a consignment dealer. They don't buy your car outright like Carvana, and so they can operate on a lower margin. I paid a 10% commission.
First, I researched market values to determine comparable selling prices. Mine was in excellent shape and bit under average mileage for its age. I decided on a price, subtracted 10% and told the consignment dealer how much I wanted minimum. Car sold in 2 weeks for $500 more than my minimum. For me, no advertising, no scam buyers, no showings, no sales paperwork no trip to DMV, and I sold the car in a higher traffic area that brought a top price. Carvana offered me half as much in cash for what it sold for.
Thanks for the suggestion.