EQS EQS (V297) sedan

CPO EQS 450+ SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2024 | 05:02 PM

CPO EQS 450+ SUV

Hi any EQS SUV owners here? Would love to get some feedback on your experience so far with these EQS (I know that there’s a lot of controversy about how they look!)

I don’t drive that much, less than 10k per year so I don’t need the unlimited mileage. I’m reading that the extended original warranty to 7 years is much better since it doesn’t have the exclusions that CPO warranty has. But is there a way to get that without being the original owner?

Anyone have experience with the MB’s CPO services? I definitely do not want to get a car like this without warranty so my plan if I went the CPO route would be get the additional 2 years after the original 1 year ends and probably sell/trade in at the end of warranty.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback from current owners.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2024 | 08:11 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Ronald.M
I’m reading that the extended original warranty to 7 years is much better since it doesn’t have the exclusions that CPO warranty has. But is there a way to get that without being the original owner?
No.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
Old 10-02-2024 | 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
No.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
Hmm…wondering if you had any thoughts regarding overall service experience with CPO warranty especially since car is fully EV with plethora of things that can go wrong?

Do you have any experiences with the EQS SUV? It has depreciated so much which although attractive for potential buyers like me, makes me question “where’s the catch” pointing to the overall reliability

Thanks
Old 10-03-2024 | 03:26 AM

No Mercedes yet
Once again, remember the #1 Rule of Insurance: You should buy insurance (and that includes 'warranties' and 'extended warranties' on cars) only if you can't afford to pay for the thing being insured against. You shouldn't buy insurance just because you don't want the thing to happen. There's a reason why insurance companies are in business.

In other words, if you could afford to pay for anything that would be covered by an 'extended warranty', then you should not buy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by finlayson:
hlothery (10-03-2024), perlfather (10-03-2024)
Old 10-03-2024 | 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by finlayson
Once again, remember the #1 Rule of Insurance: You should buy insurance (and that includes 'warranties' and 'extended warranties' on cars) only if you can't afford to pay for the thing being insured against. You shouldn't buy insurance just because you don't want the thing to happen. There's a reason why insurance companies are in business.

In other words, if you could afford to pay for anything that would be covered by an 'extended warranty', then you should not buy it.
right of course that’s the general rule, normally I’m very much against any sort of extended warranty. But with potential reliability in question for these types of luxury vehicles, it’s sort of the same rationale for buying CPO in the first place. Why not save your money and not buy CPO? Or why sell your car before the warranty expires? For sure if you own a Toyota or Lexus, don’t bother with extended warranty of any kind
Old 10-03-2024 | 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by finlayson

Absolutely correct. I once heard an argument/belief by an owner that insurance companies selling extended policies get a discount on labor rates. This is not true. Thus, absolutely no reason to get extended insurance unless you know something that they (insurance companies) do not.