EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Hyperscreen Display Problem - Dealer Being Unhelpful. Who to escalate to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Hyperscreen Display Problem - Dealer Being Unhelpful. Who to escalate to?

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with our hyper screen. The driver's display coloring is a bit off. We have another car with the Hyperscreen and have had many Mercedes prior so I know what the coloring is supposed to look like. It's definitely wrong.

We took it in for service for this, they first claimed they could not duplicate the concern. I went down to the dealer, had to really hold their hand, walk them through all the ways it's incorrect and CONVINCE them that there is definitely something wrong with it. They finally agreed to test drive another car with the hyper screen and my car back to back to compare.

The service director called me just now and is acknowledging the fact that it is a little bit different from the other cars they compared it to but it's "by design" so they can't do anything about it.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... it's definitely different from 2 other cars but yet is also as designed. Like what?

I'm not going to deal with their incompetence, I'm going to pick up my car and obviously have to have a different dealer take care of it but I would like to create a case with Mercedes and escalate this as I want to ensure this is fixed appropriately and timely. Who would I contact? Would I just call either customer care number?

1-800-367-6372
1-800-222-0100

Thank you!
QuadBenz
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,992 Likes on 2,663 Posts
2019 C63CS
Are all cars running the same exact version of MBUX? Maybe you can post some pictures to show how it's different. A faulty display wouldn't manifest itself by the colors being different in some areas. That sounds more like a software change or a setting. To answer your question, yes you can contact MBUSA customer service and open a case, but they will likely just refer you back to the dealership. Other than resolving technical issues with Mercedes me connect, I've had little success with MB customer service. Some manager type person will call you and then never follow up again...haha. Dealerships can also escalate issues internally if they are willing or you insist. I had to push with the service manager on one issue on my car and it got escalated to AMG. AMG in my experience is more responsive and we also have the AMG Private Lounge where we can raise issues directly with AMG in Germany. What model is yours?
The following users liked this post:
HBerman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Originally Posted by superswiss
Are all cars running the same exact version of MBUX? Maybe you can post some pictures to show how it's different. A faulty display wouldn't manifest itself by the colors being different in some areas. That sounds more like a software change or a setting. To answer your question, yes you can contact MBUSA customer service and open a case, but they will likely just refer you back to the dealership. Other than resolving technical issues with Mercedes me connect, I've had little success with MB customer service. Some manager type person will call you and then never follow up again...haha. Dealerships can also escalate issues internally if they are willing or you insist. I had to push with the service manager on one issue on my car and it got escalated to AMG. AMG in my experience is more responsive and we also have the AMG Private Lounge where we can raise issues directly with AMG in Germany. What model is yours?
Thank you! The display is definitely faulty, it’s not displaying colors correctly. If you put album art you’re familiar with on all 3 displays, the driver display is definitely not right. It almost even looks a little bit overexposed.

I can post pictures tomorrow at some point. And thank you for the idea of using the AMG private lounge if I get nowhere with customer service. I would have never thought of that!
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 618 Likes on 423 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
Thank you! The display is definitely faulty, it’s not displaying colors correctly. If you put album art you’re familiar with on all 3 displays, the driver display is definitely not right. It almost even looks a little bit overexposed.

I can post pictures tomorrow at some point. And thank you for the idea of using the AMG private lounge if I get nowhere with customer service. I would have never thought of that!
Sorry, I'm just seeing this post. Have you tried to adjust the brightness level on the driver's screen? There are separate settings for each display for daytime and nighttime. How are you getting images on the driver's display? I've only been able to put things on the center and passenger displays. What is the level of the MBUX software?

Last edited by HBerman; Yesterday at 02:00 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 852 Likes on 546 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by HBerman
Sorry, I'm just seeing this post. Have you tried to adjust the brightness level on the driver's screen? There are separate settings for each display for daytime and nighttime. How are you getting images on the driver's display? I've only been able to put things on the center and passenger displays. What is the level of the MBUX software?
I think he means that if you set the driver display to show your entertainment in the middle panel, then you would be able to see album art there it doesn't match the album art on the other displays.
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 618 Likes on 423 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I think he means that if you set the driver display to show your entertainment in the middle panel, then you would be able to see album art there it doesn't match the album art on the other displays.
I can't determine that from the description. I'll wait to see the display photo.
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 852 Likes on 546 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by HBerman
I can't determine that from the description. I'll wait to see the display photo.
Yes I'd like to see it too. Plus I didnt know you could adjust display settings for each individual display.