European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Would you get a 2017 GLC300 When in Europe or Wait 2 Months for 2018?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Would you get a 2017 GLC300 When in Europe or Wait 2 Months for 2018?

I am going to London towards the end of June to watch an ATP tennis tournament. I was originally going to by an in-stock GLC300 here and just couldn't because the ones I found were not what I wanted and too much for it. My current vehicle is a 2012 with 60K and a warranty so I don't have to do it now. I just want my car in time for next year's winter since I've mostly survived this one and will be doing traveling a good chunk of the rest of it.

So, anyway, I have scoped out exactly what I want (GLC300 4Matic, Diamond Silver, Beige MB-Tec, Burl, Panorama Roof, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Package 3, Burmeester) for less than $3K more than a black one here with P1 and a bunch of stupid options I don't want or need (tow hitch, lighted star). So it's the right option.

My sales rep says they will build the car in late May and hold it for me but normally the time I'm going is when they are shifting to next model year. She says that 2018's will be available in late August for delivery and presumably a 1-2% price increase, but that's all speculative.

I can use the $200 Delta certificate towards a flight I need to take anyway and British Airways or Eurowings have flights from LHR to Stuttgart for like $125. I can hop over, get it, and go back to tennis.

Or I can wait 2 months and make the trip across the pond again to get a car 1 year newer and with maybe more features and most likely a higher price.

What would you do? Is June too late for current model year delivery?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
ED is an amazing experience, however, based on your other post - you'll just pick it up and drop it off. So then we have to just look at the price. How much of a discount are you getting off the local car? If the price of ED P3 is less than local P1 - then to me - ED is a no brainer
Old 02-24-2017, 12:43 PM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
Yup, they are not discounting the GLC's much in the upper Midwest (Chicago) area. I found a P1 with Sport that was $1500 less than a P3 ED. The thing is a lot of the P1's are base white or base black and I want a metallic. And the other thing is that they load them with stupid little options that probably are great profit for the dealers but not something I want or need, like $550 for a tow hitch or $575 for a tow hitch and $300 in chrome bits I don't want and most of them have the linden trim and I want burl.

My only fear is that the '18's will have Car Play and I wouldn't mind that, but with Command NAV/Voice Control/Traffic & Weather in the P2/P3, that gets rid of most of that need. Oh, I'd really love the brown natural ash too like you can get in C-Class but that's probably not as much of a deal breaker. But I don't understand why GLC has black ash only and C-Class has the more beautiful brown.

Anyway, I also suspect GLC price will increase more than other models so going '17 is smart. They aren't doing big rebates on it, they aren't discounting it, it has the highest APR, etc.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:03 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
I would love to have carplay, but to me it's not a dealbreaker.

The good news about ED - no matter the model, you get the same 7% (plus whatever you can get from dealer) discount.

I would (and did) go with ED
Old 02-24-2017, 02:24 PM

2017 GLC 300 4Matic
With the free destination charge, it is almost a 9% discount by my math and that's way over double the local offers.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:02 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by bergamini
With the free destination charge, it is almost a 9% discount by my math and that's way over double the local offers.
Yep, plus an additional discount that you may be able to negotiate...based on the document posted in another thread - the dealer gets 10% commission - so I believe, you should have some wiggle room

No one in my area wanted to make a deal on the GLC coupe because it's so new - that's why we went with ED (apart from going to Europe for vacation)