European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Waiting for confirmation of pickup date?

Old 04-25-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 S
Waiting for confirmation of pickup date?

Hello

Ive started the process to do european delivery. I talked with my local dealer who entered my car into the system around april 6th(2018 AMG C63 S). They told me anytime late august should be good for pickup over there. I gave them the date of Sept 6th and they said sounds good and MB will call me with the details. Its been three weeks now and i have still yet to hear from MB. I talked to my dealer and they said they would look into this. But nothing yet. Does that sound normal? I was hoping for official confirmation of the date so i can lock everyting down.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
Originally Posted by drchimrichalds
Hello

Ive started the process to do european delivery. I talked with my local dealer who entered my car into the system around april 6th(2018 AMG C63 S). They told me anytime late august should be good for pickup over there. I gave them the date of Sept 6th and they said sounds good and MB will call me with the details. Its been three weeks now and i have still yet to hear from MB. I talked to my dealer and they said they would look into this. But nothing yet. Does that sound normal? I was hoping for official confirmation of the date so i can lock everyting down.
Ask your dealer how often they do European delivery. Some dealers are much better clued into the process than others. If you don't get much of a response from your dealer or from MB, you might consider getting in touch with Herbert Haemmer at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido. I am a customer of his in the process of getting a car for European delivery this summer, even though I don't live in California. He is an expert on this process, and I am confident he could help you manage it if you choose to buy the car through him. He can arrange to ship it to your local dealer after you finish driving it in Europe, if you prefer. You can find his contact information on the Internet. I wouldn't count on anything or make any plans that are hard to change until you have a definite confirmed date and lots of paperwork back from MB. In my case, it took a few weeks after I agreed on all specifications with Mr. Haemmer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Forty9:
drchimrichalds (04-29-2017), zhenyaf (04-28-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 PM

AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by Forty9
Ask your dealer how often they do European delivery. Some dealers are much better clued into the process than others. If you don't get much of a response from your dealer or from MB, you might consider getting in touch with Herbert Haemmer at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido. I am a customer of his in the process of getting a car for European delivery this summer, even though I don't live in California. He is an expert on this process, and I am confident he could help you manage it if you choose to buy the car through him. He can arrange to ship it to your local dealer after you finish driving it in Europe, if you prefer. You can find his contact information on the Internet. I wouldn't count on anything or make any plans that are hard to change until you have a definite confirmed date and lots of paperwork back from MB. In my case, it took a few weeks after I agreed on all specifications with Mr. Haemmer.
Thanks for the response. My dealer has already entered the car in their system and changed me 1000 for deposit. I signed off on all the specs etc with them so if i dont have to switch i prefer not too. I will call him if i need too though. My dealership seemed pretty familiar with it as they talked about personally picking their own cars up themselves. And they are a MB signarture or black star dealership or whatever its called(forgot the actuall name). Hopefully i will hear back in the next few days. But seems like i should have maybe heard back sooner as im now about three weeks in their system.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:31 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
In February, my dealer placed the order, and I received confirmation of the delivery date the same day.

All EDP coordination for US customers is done through sales operations in Atlanta, and they prefer to work directly with your salesperson. Ask your salesperson to call them, and they should provide you with the date immediately. 3 weeks seems excessive, but maybe AMG models take longer?

You might be able to find their contact info in this forum -- check https://mbworld.org/forums/european-...fraid-ask.html

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2017, 02:03 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
I considered contacting Herbert but the local dealer met my price so I am happy to stay local. I can't answer your question directly but following is the time line for my EDP.

Jan. 4 - finalized agreement, order was placed within the next few days

Jan. 13 - received email from dealer with tourist order number. The order number provides confirmation that you are in the build queue.

Jan. 17 - received email from mbusa. The email contained the customer EDP check list.

Early March - received a package in the mail with more details on EDP and what I needed to bring with me to the delivery center. One important document to bring is the "Confirmation of Order for European Delivery and Invoice". Your dealer gives this to you when you pay for the car.

April - 4th - 30 days before delivery paid for car and received "Confirmation of Order For European Delivery and Invoice" document from dealer.

May 3 - Leave for Stuttgart

May 5 - Pick up car, WOOHOO!

May 5 - May 31, explore Europe in my new car.

June 1 - return home for long, long, long wait for car. My current car is an EDP, so I know how long the wait can be :-(
Old 04-27-2017, 03:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC300..waiting on EDP delivery
We just took delivery on Monday. When I placed my order, the dealer provided the order confirmation that included the confirmed pick-up date. The only thing I received from MBUSA was a packet with program details...insurance specifics and whatnot. The dealer handled everything including the final travel packet with travel vouchers, lunch vouchers and museum tickets.

I'll throw in a shameless plug for Herbert Haemmer at Mercedes of Escondido. He was excellent to work with and gave me a price I was satisfied with for a GLC300. We are currently in northern Italy enjoying the new car!!
The following 2 users liked this post by mvarner5:
drchimrichalds (04-29-2017), haisensei (04-25-2019)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:00 AM

AMG C63 S
Crap. Thanks alot guys for all the info. My dealer basically said the car is entered into the system and to give them a date after Mid august when i want to pick it up. Then they said i would hear from mercedes with all the details. I wasnt told to wait for confirmation of the date because they said everything was entered. However i really wanted to hear from mercedes before i felt truley comfortable that everything was setup I dont believe I received anything from my dealer in regards to tourist order number, etc. I will call them to get all of this settled hopefully today.

Last edited by drchimrichalds; 04-27-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:49 PM

You need to provide the dealer with a couple of dates when you can pick the car up in Stuttgart. After the order system accepts the delivery date, a tourist order number will be created.

I originally told the dealer I could pick the car up any Friday in April, they came back for a new date after the order system rejected the original dates. They then tried the first Friday in May, which was accepted.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:08 PM

AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by ted_jane
You need to provide the dealer with a couple of dates when you can pick the car up in Stuttgart. After the order system accepts the delivery date, a tourist order number will be created.

I originally told the dealer I could pick the car up any Friday in April, they came back for a new date after the order system rejected the original dates. They then tried the first Friday in May, which was accepted.

The frustrating part is i have provided my dealer my dates three times. The first time i went there in Mid March, When the car was entered in the system on April 3rd and sadly when i called them this week to ask the status they asked me for the dates again. No problem though as i have cancled with them and am working with Herbert. Was an awesome difference. He knows the entire process and everything. So thanks to everyone for you help and you suggestions of Herbert.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
I'm so glad you're now working with Herbert Haemmer and have had a better experience with him. His knowledge of German and his experience of Germany, Mercedes, and the travel business is a combination that is hard to beat for anyone doing European delivery--and he is a gentleman.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:16 AM

AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by Forty9
I'm so glad you're now working with Herbert Haemmer and have had a better experience with him. His knowledge of German and his experience of Germany, Mercedes, and the travel business is a combination that is hard to beat for anyone doing European delivery--and he is a gentleman.
Yes i am too. In one day Herbert has enter my order, confirmirmed my dates and hotel stay and sent me copies to sign off on. I cannot figure out why my local dealer could not produce those docs after 4 weeks?!?! The only thing i can think of is that since Herb does so much business they have given him special access to the ED system or something. Great experience so far.

Last edited by drchimrichalds; 04-29-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by drchimrichalds
Yes i am too. In one day Herbert has enter my order, confirmirmed my dates and hotel stay and sent me copies to sign off on. I cannot figure out why my local dealer could not produce those docs after 4 weeks?!?! The only thing i can think of is that since Herb does so much business they have given him special access to the ED system or something. Great experience so far.
I considered going with Herbert because I had read the many recommendations on this board, but when the local dealer agreed to my price with little negotiation I decided to stay local. It is my understanding Herbert's commission is shared with the local dealer to cover the local delivery (Approximately 2% of the 10% commission. The exact amount is negotiated between the EDP ordering dealer and the local dealer according to the EDP Dealer Guide.)

This was the first EDP for my salesman, so there was a learning curve. We talked about the process a few weeks ago (my delivery is Friday), he said there was a lot more paper work than he expected. He said he talked to Herbert who told him that he had two assistances that complete the paper work, that may explain how Herbert is so quick with the process.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:23 AM

2012 RR
I considered contacting Herbert but the local dealer met my price so I am happy to stay local. I can't answer your question directly but following is the time line for my EDP.

Jan. 4 - finalized agreement, order was placed within the next few days
Jan. 13 - received email from dealer with tourist order number. The order number provides confirmation that you are in the build queue.
Jan. 17 - received email from mbusa. The email contained the customer EDP check list.

Early March - received a package in the mail with more details on EDP and what I needed to bring with me to the delivery center. One important document to bring is the "Confirmation of Order for European Delivery and Invoice". Your dealer gives this to you when you pay for the car.

April - 4th - 30 days before delivery paid for car and received "Confirmation of Order For European Delivery and Invoice" document from dealer.
May 3 - Leave for Stuttgart
May 5 - Pick up car, WOOHOO!
May 5 - May 31, explore Europe in my new car.
June 1 - return home for long, long, long wait for car. My current car is an EDP, so I know how long the wait can be :-(
Ok...so here is my timeline (so far)...

October 26th - I specified a build and gave my dealer a preferred ED pickup date (May 2018), but I did not specify a drop off date. I gave him a copy of my passport, but no deposit was given, nor did I sign anything.

October 30th - My dealer informed me that my European Delivery E63 order had been entered into Netstar and he would let me know as soon as they hear something from HQ.

As of today (Nov 7th), I have yet to hear anything back from either the dealer or MBUSA HQ.

Is it fair to assume that it is still too early to receive a tourist order number or confirmation of pickup date? or should I begin worrying?

My dealer says they do several ED per year and seemed reasonably knowledgeable...and they gave me a good price.

Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated! (btw ... I know Herbert is great, but I would only consider switching dealers as a last straw)

Last edited by BJTyler747; 11-07-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
You may have ordered too soon for May delivery. I am in the same boat , want to pick up the car in May. My dealer wants me to wait till second week of january to get an allocation.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:12 PM

2012 RR
Originally Posted by quantira2
You may have ordered too soon for May delivery. I am in the same boat , want to pick up the car in May. My dealer wants me to wait till second week of january to get an allocation.
Does he want you to wait until January to place the European delivery order or simply wait until January until the dealer receives an additional US delivery allocation?
Old 11-07-2017, 06:52 PM

Both. He does not want to take my money until he is officially able to place the order. According to him, I should place the order mid january and only at that time hand him the security deposit.
He said there is no point to order now since Netstar wont accept order for May ED yet.

Originally Posted by BJTyler747
Does he want you to wait until January to place the European delivery order or simply wait until January until the dealer receives an additional US delivery allocation?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by quantira2
Both. He does not want to take my money until he is officially able to place the order. According to him, I should place the order mid january and only at that time hand him the security deposit.
He said there is no point to order now since Netstar wont accept order for May ED yet.
Quantira, I think you are correct about waiting to place the order. My order was placed early Jan. 2017 for a May 2017 delivery. Note, not all dealers require a deposit, mine didn't. The only official ED payment requirement is the car must be paid for 30 days before the ED delivery date.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Agreed, my dealer wants 3K as earnest money , security deposit or whatever it is called to place the order.. You are correct in stating that car must be paid in full 30 days in advance of ED pick up date and thats the only real requirement.
I dont mind my delaer asking some money up front since i do not have a prior working relationship with him.

Quantira, I think you are correct about waiting to place the order. My order was placed early Jan. 2017 for a May 2017 delivery. Note, not all dealers require a deposit, mine didn't. The only official ED payment requirement is the car must be paid for 30 days before the ED delivery date.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:31 PM

ED awaited 2018 E300
I have just today gotten my Confirmation of Order for June 2018 delivery. SO persist with your dealer and its possible; not sure how but they CAN put it in Netstar even if the ordering window hasn't officially opened for your requested date of delivery. I even got the MBUSA emails with the PO# and all the ED info stuff; so I'm convinced this is legit.

QUICK QUESTION for those who have prev experience - IS truely only 7% discount available? I have received 2 quotes - of which one is from local dealer , both times the discount was same. However I read in the "ED Dealer Workbook" (which I have downloaded from this forum only) that the dealers receive 10% of sale price as commission for the ED. Do they not pass on some to the consumer? After all they don't have much to spend on advertising etc. Anybody have better intel please share.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:23 PM

2012 RR
[QUOTE=Kalpana_Kar;7307072]I have just today gotten my Confirmation of Order for June 2018 delivery. SO persist with your dealer and its possible; not sure how but they CAN put it in Netstar even if the ordering window hasn't officially opened for your requested date of delivery. I even got the MBUSA emails with the PO# and all the ED info stuff; so I'm convinced this is legit.

QUICK QUESTION for those who have prev experience - IS truely only 7% discount available? I have received 2 quotes - of which one is from local dealer , both times the discount was same. However I read in the "ED Dealer Workbook" (which I have downloaded from this forum only) that the dealers receive 10% of sale price as commission for the ED. Do they not pass on some to the consumer? After all they don't have much to spend on advertising etc. Anybody have better intel please share.[/QUOT

If I may ask, when did you place the order with your dealer??
Old 11-08-2017, 09:30 PM

ED awaited 2018 E300
Originally Posted by BJTyler747

I had handed my specs to the dealer only last week.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:24 PM

I got additional 3.5 % off

[QUOTE=BJTyler747;7307110]
Originally Posted by Kalpana_Kar
I have just today gotten my Confirmation of Order for June 2018 delivery. SO persist with your dealer and its possible; not sure how but they CAN put it in Netstar even if the ordering window hasn't officially opened for your requested date of delivery. I even got the MBUSA emails with the PO# and all the ED info stuff; so I'm convinced this is legit.

QUICK QUESTION for those who have prev experience - IS truely only 7% discount available? I have received 2 quotes - of which one is from local dealer , both times the discount was same. However I read in the "ED Dealer Workbook" (which I have downloaded from this forum only) that the dealers receive 10% of sale price as commission for the ED. Do they not pass on some to the consumer? After all they don't have much to spend on advertising etc. Anybody have better intel please share.[/QUOT

Old 11-08-2017, 11:48 PM

QUICK QUESTION for those who have prev experience - IS truely only 7% discount available? I have received 2 quotes - of which one is from local dealer , both times the discount was same. However I read in the "ED Dealer Workbook" (which I have downloaded from this forum only) that the dealers receive 10% of sale price as commission for the ED. Do they not pass on some to the consumer? After all they don't have much to spend on advertising etc. Anybody have better intel please share.
I split the 10% commission with the dealer, that is I got the 7% standard ED discount, plus an additional 5%. But if you have already placed an order it may be difficult to negotioate an additional discount beyond the 7%, plus waiver of the destination charges.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:01 AM

2012 RR
I had handed my specs to the dealer only last week.
Sweet! I just received my confirmation email from MBUSA - specifically their European Delivery division. The email comes complete with my purchase order number, a bunch of contact numbers/emails, and an overview of the program along with some new features.

For those of you interested, I'll summarize the new features:

- MB will no longer send a welcome packet by mail, they will do everything paperless.
- MB has contracted HRG to handle all travel services related to the one night Stuttgart hotel stay as well as the pre packaged tours.
- there is no longer a taxi voucher, just a $100 taxi credit applied to your invoice (however, there is still a 65 euro breakfast voucher)
- a free tote bag and badge are gifts that will be provided at the delivery center

In addition, the email also comes with 16 (!!!) pdf file attachments. I have neither read nor opened any of them, but their titles seem to range from the purely informational to the really important.

Here are their titles.
- Tourist Package Flyer
- AKB Daimler Eng Final
- Advanced registration form
- Advanced registration sample form
- Winter travel
- ED hotline revised
- MB drop off points
- MBMUS info april 2017 EN
- IFF domestic power of attorney form new
- Sample itinerary
- Delta voucher
- Stuttgart restaurants
- Stuttgart walking tour
- European Delivery Customer
- Important information 2017
- Center of Excellence and AMG tour

... and I thought I was going to get some work done today!!
Old 11-09-2017, 03:56 PM

- there is no longer a taxi voucher, just a $100 taxi credit applied to your invoice (however, there is still a 65 euro breakfast voucher)

This is a good deal, the voucher's were worth 50 Euros each for the taxi company and the cost of a taxi ride from downtown stuttgart to the airport is approximately $35 Euros (at least is was in May 2017). So for two trips to and from the air port there is a small savings.

- a free tote bag and badge are gifts that will be provided at the delivery center

I received the free tote bag and badge during a May 2017 delivery. The bag comes in handy for dropping all the ED paper work into for safe keeping. The badge is very nice. Does anyone know if there is a location/method for attaching the badge to the car? It comes with two long bolts/nuts (approximately 2.5" long).

Last edited by ted_jane; 11-09-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Waiting for confirmation of pickup date?