European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Everything you wanted to know about EDP but were afraid to ask

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Everything you wanted to know about EDP but were afraid to ask

I have been lurking here for sometime, gathering a lot of good information. I have now placed an order for a GLC to be delivered in Stuttgart in a few months.
To help others with their EDP research here is a link I found in my EDP research, it links to the 2014 Dealer Guide to EDP:

http://mercedes-benz-dealer.custhelp...kbook+2014.pdf

Enjoy
The following 2 users liked this post by ted_jane:
Gary From LA (02-08-2017), zhenyaf (02-24-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 06:07 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Wow! A very nice contribution.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Very useful information, and explains why my dealer had trouble entering my order with designo trim -- according to the link, you can't order designo options directly. Instead, you have to order w/o designo, and then email them with the request, and they "cannot guarantee the delivery date even when the vehicle is in production." Bummer.

Has anyone had success ordering designo options through EDP?
Old 02-07-2017, 01:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this. It's a great service to the community. Knowledge is power!
Now , I know exactly how ED works and can call every single BS dealers throw at you when negotiationg ED price..

best regards ,
oz
Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
What a great document, thanks for posting it

My ED experience was pretty much exactly as described in the file. I even had the local dealer BS me that they wont be able to discount the car, and it comes out of their allocation.

My advice - go to Herbert Haemmer of Mercedes Escondido. I can't explain how much I recommend him. Even though I'm in NY - he worked with me every step of the way and even gave me travel tips (he used to be in the travel industry for 20 years). He made the process sooo smooth, which is not only due to him being a great person, but knowing the ED procedure inside and out.
The following 2 users liked this post by zhenyaf:
Forty9 (02-24-2017), ted_jane (02-24-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:48 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Awesome info, thanks very much!

Thanks also zhenyaf for the recommendation. I'm outside Philly and leaning towards ED for a GLC43. I may have to reach out to Herbert.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:47 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
Awesome info, thanks very much!

Thanks also zhenyaf for the recommendation. I'm outside Philly and leaning towards ED for a GLC43. I may have to reach out to Herbert.
Since you're on the east coast, like me, he'll give you 9% off the msrp, without negotiating. See how much your local dealers give you, just so you have something to compare to. Unless you get significantly more from a local dealer, I would recommend using Herbert only
Old 02-26-2017, 10:13 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by zhenyaf
Since you're on the east coast, like me, he'll give you 9% off the msrp, without negotiating. See how much your local dealers give you, just so you have something to compare to. Unless you get significantly more from a local dealer, I would recommend using Herbert only
Thanks again! I'm looking to lease (36mo/12k), so does he handle all of that paperwork or did you have to go to your local DMV for title/registration and tax?
Old 02-26-2017, 10:46 AM

2017 GLC Coupe
Thanks again! I'm looking to lease (36mo/12k), so does he handle all of that paperwork or did you have to go to your local DMV for title/registration and tax?
i actually leased also, and put everything in the payment (even the tax) My car is supposed to arrive at my local dealership within the next few days - I'll let you know then if the local dealer will handle the DMV stuff or if I have to...I believe they will
Old 03-03-2017, 02:06 PM

2017 GLC Coupe
my car is at the local dealer - they refuse to do any paperwork , "the car doesn't belong to them", they only have the car not the paperwork, etc. I have to go to the DMV, pay the taxes (which I will get back from MB of Escondido, as they are included in the payment) and file all the paperwork.

Not what I expected, but whatever
Old 03-03-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
'17 S63A4, '13 CLS4M, '99 CLK320A
Originally Posted by seascape
Very useful information, and explains why my dealer had trouble entering my order with designo trim -- according to the link, you can't order designo options directly. Instead, you have to order w/o designo, and then email them with the request, and they "cannot guarantee the delivery date even when the vehicle is in production." Bummer.

Has anyone had success ordering designo options through EDP?
Yes. Upgraded leather seats and trim on an S63 Cabrio delivered on July1st 2016.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Old 03-03-2017, 07:18 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by zhenyaf
my car is at the local dealer - they refuse to do any paperwork , "the car doesn't belong to them", they only have the car not the paperwork, etc. I have to go to the DMV, pay the taxes (which I will get back from MB of Escondido, as they are included in the payment) and file all the paperwork.

Not what I expected, but whatever
Bummer, but not the worst, I guess. I'm sure you spoke with Herbert and he's working through it with you. It's probably one of those dealer dependent things, but makes sense about the paperwork. Thx for the update.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb
thanks for the useful info. Do you have a dealer book for 2018 or 2019 as my local dealer has not done many EDP. I have ordered cars from them before for USA delivery and they are not encouraging EDP program. The dates they provide for a configured car don't add up either since they say it should deliver end of October to USA but EDP would be another two months....
Old 07-04-2018, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by hrhrmbny18
thanks for the useful info. Do you have a dealer book for 2018 or 2019 as my local dealer has not done many EDP. I have ordered cars from them before for USA delivery and they are not encouraging EDP program. The dates they provide for a configured car don't add up either since they say it should deliver end of October to USA but EDP would be another two months....
What model are you looking to buy?
What specific info do you need?

Perhaps I can help answer some/all of your questions.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb
Originally Posted by ted_jane
I have been lurking here for sometime, gathering a lot of good information. I have now placed an order for a GLC to be delivered in Stuttgart in a few months.
To help others with their EDP research here is a link I found in my EDP research, it links to the 2014 Dealer Guide to EDP:

http://mercedes-benz-dealer.custhelp...kbook+2014.pdf

Enjoy
We are looking to do a European delivery is the timing works out. Any chance you have the edp guide for 2019, the dealer we are working with is not very familiar. Thanks
Old 07-05-2018, 09:50 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by hrhrmbny18
We are looking to do a European delivery is the timing works out. Any chance you have the edp guide for 2019, the dealer we are working with is not very familiar. Thanks
I have not seen a newer guide, you can try google, which is how I found the first guide. But I don't think EDP has changed much from the 2014 guide. The biggest change I am aware of is the taxi vouchers are no longer provide. A fixed credit is now provided in place of the vouchers.

Many dealers are not familiar with EDP. You may want to consider working with Herbert: http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com/

I worked with an inexperienced SA, but he had backup at the dealership where other SAs were familiar with EDP. You may want to take the safe route by working with someone like Herbert, who can sell you the car via phone/email and have it delivered to a dealer near you after your European trip.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by ted_jane
I have not seen a newer guide, you can try google, which is how I found the first guide. But I don't think EDP has changed much from the 2014 guide. The biggest change I am aware of is the taxi vouchers are no longer provide. A fixed credit is now provided in place of the vouchers.

Many dealers are not familiar with EDP. You may want to consider working with Herbert: http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com/

I worked with an inexperienced SA, but he had backup at the dealership where other SAs were familiar with EDP. You may want to take the safe route by working with someone like Herbert, who can sell you the car via phone/email and have it delivered to a dealer near you after your European trip.
A couple of differences since 2014: Already mentioned—no longer does one receive taxi vouchers but rather a $100 credit on your Euro Delivery Order Confirmation. Additionally, the travel side has been outsourced to a company called HRG for the free one night hotel stay and any of the extra travel plans for the extra $2000 fee. Also, there is more direct communication via e-mail with MBUSA Euro Delivery Department instead of receiving packets in the mail. An e-mail is instantly generated and sent to the customer once your order is entered for Euro Delivery with the Tourist PO # confirming the order has been entered with your confirmed pickup date in Sindelfingen.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:44 AM

Bummer, but not the worst, I guess. I'm sure you spoke with Herbert and he's working through it with you. It's probably one of those dealer dependent things, but makes sense about the paperwork. Thx for the update.
You might want to remind them that they received a part of the selling dealer's commission when the agreed to handle the delivery!

Hope this helps.
Bill