European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

E63 S Euro Delivery

Old 06-24-2017, 03:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nissan Pathfinder
E63 S Euro Delivery

So I guess I came to the wrong (or right) place for validation. I am about to graduate from indentured servitude..errr I mean residency and I have put off my gratification for far too long. On top of that my bloodline has a long track record of being fiscally responsible (read: frugal) for several generations. But that will all change. I have decided to acquire an E63 S. I could have never imagined I would be in a position to purchase a >100K vehicle and I don't think I'll ever escape some guilty feelings what with the whole world going to hell and people who could never amass that much money in an entire lifetime, but I have put up with too much to not treat myself this one time. My wife and I have never been to Europe and I have FINALLY convinced her to do this with me (she was and probably still is convinced I will get us killed driving in Europe) but the carrot of standing together underneath the Eiffel Tower was just too enticing. I have done my fair share of internet research and I have the following questions: is it harder to negotiate a discount on top of the 5% for AMG vehicles, what can/should I expect. 2) We will be moving to Houston soon and plan to take this vacation in summer of 2018, has anyone done ED in Houston/Texas and would recommend a dealer/salesperson. 3) For people who have done ED, what are the things you wish you knew ahead of time.
Final question is a general inquiry, are there any different rules/axioms for purchasing/leasing a vehicle this expensive as oppose to an average priced car? Suffice it to say I am pretty daunted by entering a new socioeconomic stratosphere.

I'd like to document this journey here, partly to help a future rookie in this process but mostly as a therapeutic exercise to help me now.

One thing I am agonizing over is color so maybe you can help, right now the top three contenders are metallic black, metallic grey, and matte grey (must have the cross spoke black rims)

In case anyone was wondering why the E63, I went home from the hospital as a baby in a 1985 300 Turbo Diesel, a car that my parents ended up giving me to drive in high school when they got a 2001 E430 and when they were buying it I tried my best to convince them to get an E55. I dunno, at that age everyone was into roadsters and convertibles, I have just always thought there is something so sophisticated and frankly badass about a family sedan with that much power. Now with 2 girls of my own and hopefully another little one on the way (need to convince wife of yet one more thing), I'm looking forward to putting a car seat in a sub 4 second car. (Sooo awesomely ridiculous when I actually read that)
Old 06-26-2017, 03:04 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
Originally Posted by hkakli
So I guess I came to the wrong (or right) place for validation. I am about to graduate from indentured servitude..errr I mean residency and I have put off my gratification for far too long. On top of that my bloodline has a long track record of being fiscally responsible (read: frugal) for several generations. But that will all change. I have decided to acquire an E63 S. I could have never imagined I would be in a position to purchase a >100K vehicle and I don't think I'll ever escape some guilty feelings what with the whole world going to hell and people who could never amass that much money in an entire lifetime, but I have put up with too much to not treat myself this one time. My wife and I have never been to Europe and I have FINALLY convinced her to do this with me (she was and probably still is convinced I will get us killed driving in Europe) but the carrot of standing together underneath the Eiffel Tower was just too enticing. I have done my fair share of internet research and I have the following questions: is it harder to negotiate a discount on top of the 5% for AMG vehicles, what can/should I expect. 2) We will be moving to Houston soon and plan to take this vacation in summer of 2018, has anyone done ED in Houston/Texas and would recommend a dealer/salesperson. 3) For people who have done ED, what are the things you wish you knew ahead of time.
Final question is a general inquiry, are there any different rules/axioms for purchasing/leasing a vehicle this expensive as oppose to an average priced car? Suffice it to say I am pretty daunted by entering a new socioeconomic stratosphere.

I'd like to document this journey here, partly to help a future rookie in this process but mostly as a therapeutic exercise to help me now.

One thing I am agonizing over is color so maybe you can help, right now the top three contenders are metallic black, metallic grey, and matte grey (must have the cross spoke black rims)

In case anyone was wondering why the E63, I went home from the hospital as a baby in a 1985 300 Turbo Diesel, a car that my parents ended up giving me to drive in high school when they got a 2001 E430 and when they were buying it I tried my best to convince them to get an E55. I dunno, at that age everyone was into roadsters and convertibles, I have just always thought there is something so sophisticated and frankly badass about a family sedan with that much power. Now with 2 girls of my own and hopefully another little one on the way (need to convince wife of yet one more thing), I'm looking forward to putting a car seat in a sub 4 second car. (Sooo awesomely ridiculous when I actually read that)

Here is a good start for you: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai_mPJ0MNN2ZqhnU4TkdmGqO8nis

This is the latest update as 6/21/2017. Let me know if you have questions.