European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Another "road tax"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63s coupe
Unhappy Another "road tax"

I thought I was pretty careful but Stuttgart just sent me a bill for 30 Euro with a picture and claiming I did 69 Kph in a 50 zone on 5/29 (I was nowhere South of Berlin after 5/18). Nonetheless, the picture is quite clear and shows me in my car. I paid online by credit card.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:12 PM

C63s coupe
Odd thing, the letter was sent to a totally wrong address. Due to my postal (zip) code it eventually reached the mail carrier that covers my region and he guessed it was for me because I own a MBZ and had received other mail recently from Germany.

I suppose I should be happy about this, since the other option might have been never getting the letter, going back to Germany in two years, and getting stopped with an outstanding warrant.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:09 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
I don't know about Germany, but Italy has a 360 day statute of limitations on photo radar tickets for foreigners. This meant I had to pay the photo radar ticket I received in the mail last December since my ED trip was May, 2017 .
Old 07-30-2018, 06:00 PM

C63s coupe
It has been long enough that I can probably breath easy that I will not receive anymore photo tickets. On normal streets I really was obsessive about obeying limits, but not so much on the non-German Autobahns with national maximum speed limits.

The Czech Republic uses an interesting end-of-camera-zone sign on its Autobahn. It is like other end-of-restriction signs with three diagonal slashes but instead over an outline of a security camera. I would like to get a T-shirt with the three slashes through 130 icon on the front and the three slashes through the camera icon on the back. It would sort of be an insider "I have driven in Europe" thing, and even an insider "I am not a Green Party member" thing (since the Greens want 130 Km/h national limits everywhere but so far have still failed in Germany).
Old 07-30-2018, 07:32 PM

C63s coupe
Here are samples (supposed to be 3"x3" but forum's software overrides):