European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Euro Delivery Trip - Sept 2018

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLC300
Euro Delivery Trip - Sept 2018

A quick summary of our trip:

Day 1 - Flew into Paris, arrived 10am. Hotel with the Eiffel Tower right our our window! Bought a hop-on, hop-off bus tour ticket and used that to get around the city and quickly see the tourist destinations...I'd highly recommend this as it's a great way to see a city, especially if you don't have a lot of time to spend there. Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Champs de Ulysses

Day 2 - More Paris exploring. Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, etc. Didn't sit down for any great meals in Paris...just grabbed a sandwich at the neighborhood cafe's on the go.

Day 3 - hopped on a high-speed train and headed east to Stuttgart. Mercedes paid for the Althoff hotel am Schlossgarten for the night and it was very nice and 50 steps from the train station. Walked around the area, had a traditional German meal and hefeweizen beer. The Stuttgart Wine Festival was in full swing, which seemed like an Oktoberfest warm-up for the locals!

Day 4 - taxi to Sindelfingen and picked up the GLC 300. Arrived around 8am to check in, had a snack at the cafe, took the factory tour at 11am, ate lunch at the cafe, car delivered at 1:30pm. Back to Stuttgart to visit the Museum, then hit the Autobahn and headed southwest to Staufen in the Black Forest.

Day 5 - spent the morning walking around Staufen. Back in the car and headed east to Fussen

Day 6 - toured the castles of King Ludwig just outside of Fussen (Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein

Day 7 - back in the car and drove to Munich. Toured the BMW Museum and BMW Welt. Found a biergarten and had another traditional german meal with sausage and beer:

Day 8 - toured the Dachau concentration camp site, turned in the car at the Munich airport, grabbed a hotel near the airport and spent the day in Erding, a great little town where they were having their Fall Festival (another warm-up to Oktoberfest)

Day 9 - flew back to the US :-(
The following 2 users liked this post by Mtnbkrlts:
Gary From LA (10-15-2018), wagonsrock (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Nice! Congrats!
Old 09-17-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Thumbs up

Congrats! Thanks for the photos and the report.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Nice! Congrats!
+1! Congratulation!
Old 10-21-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLC300
Update: received the GLC 300 at our dealership in Des Moines today, 6 weeks to the day after we dropped it off in Munich. Much quicker than expected!
Old 10-22-2018, 01:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
S560 4matic
Rapid delivery

Congratulations on the rapid shipment and delivery of your GLC. We dropped off a S560 in Frankfurt on 10/4. It's expected in Baltimore this Thursday (3 weeks later). I'm impressed with the efficiency of the delivery process. I'm hoping that U.S. Customs and Mercedes VPC won't take more than a couple of weeks. If that's the case, I should have my car about 6 weeks after drop off.