Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.
View Poll Results: Where to Eat?
Paradise Cove Beach
30.00%
Macaroni Grill
36.67%
Dukes Malibu
30.00%
Caspian (Irvine)
3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

PCH Cruise Dinner Poll *OPEN*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
PCH Cruise Dinner Poll *OPEN*

Ok this is a poll for places to eat at.

1.)Paradise Cove Cafe(Malibu)
Seafood
http://www.paradisecove.org/
$10-20
2.)Macaroni Grill (Huntington Beach)
Italian
http://www.macaronigrill.com/
$10-20
3.)Duke's Malibu(Malibu)
Hawaiin/Californian
http://www.dukesmalibu.com/
$10-20

If you know of anymore places please feel free post them, and ill add them to the poll.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
This link that lisamcgu posted for Paradise Cove has a menu http://paradisecovemalibu.com/beachcafe/index.htm
Old 04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Personally I think that Macaroni Grill is better, however with that in mind, I must say Paradise Cove looks AMAZING! I would love to eat there as well. I clocked in Macaroni only because I like Italian Food, but if it gets out voted, I have no problem with Paradise Cove Cafe.

Fred: Thank you for taking the time to create this poll/thread, and for taking care of our little diner problem. I wonder, when we finalize the list, about a week and a half from June 11th, are we-- one of us going to be putting in reservations? Or are we just going to show up? I believe its best if we put in reservations. My opinion.

Last edited by Lexani; 04-18-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by Lexani
Personally I think that Macaroni Grill is better, however with that in mind, I must say Paradise Cove looks AMAZING! I would love to eat there as well. I clocked in Macaroni only because I like Italian Food, but if it gets out voted, I have no problem with Paradise Cove Cafe.

Fred: Thank you for taking the time to create this poll/thread, and for taking care of our little diner problem. I wonder, when we finalize the list, about a week and a half from June 11th, are we-- one of us going to be putting in reservations? Or are we just going to show up? I believe its best if we put in reservations. My opinion.
yes maybe even 2 weeks out we should finalize with the resturant. Just in case.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey whens this poll closing?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Lets go for may 10th as date of close.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

your sister.
Those are fine. I don't really care which place :p...but im down with seafood or italian.... i would really like japanese food tho sushi , but if we want persian food, my dad is friends with the owner who owns caspian (off culver in irvine) so if you guys want that, if i can get a headcount, i could get a sweet deal

Last edited by perzbenz; 04-25-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:47 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Persian food sounds good to me!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Persian food? Ok, Fred do you're thing and add that option to the list, I guess.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Hey don't knock it until you try it, you people need to try different types of food someday. Persian food & middle eastern food is actually pretty good.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
Hey don't knock it until you try it, you people need to try different types of food someday. Persian food & middle eastern food is actually pretty good.
Chris-- -- I meant that in a good way, I like Persian food, notice the " " at the end of my comment.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:31 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
I know I know.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
If it anything like the food i had at Usmans house im down.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
If it anything like the food i had at Usmans house im down.
Hey, whoever said that idea, go and talk to you're uncle/aunt/relative, and ask him/her with a 50 head count, what can he/she get us. Oh, and where is this place? And Fred you didn't add it to the poll because...? :p
Old 04-26-2005, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Hey, whoever said that idea, go and talk to you're uncle/aunt/relative, and ask him/her with a 50 head count, what can he/she get us. Oh, and where is this place? And Fred you didn't add it to the poll because...? :p

A moderator has to add it so i Pmed Session.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
A moderator has to add it so i Pmed Session.
Done.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by session
Done.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:37 AM

2005 E500
I am not even sure if I can make it but but thought I would add a suggestion for you all to consider for a place for eats. It's "Ruby's AutoDiner" in Laguna Beach. It's inexpensive, burgers, fries and shakes type place similar to Fuddruckers (which seems to be a board favorite as shown by all previous Rosebowl meets.)

It's stand alone building built to look like an old 1940's Auto Diner/Car Hop its on PCH in Laguna Beach has a large free parking lot. And the best part is the patio which is located on the roof of the building and I believe has a clear view of the ocean across the street. I am not sure if you have to reserve the patio or if it is just open to the public. I have attended after parties up there and they allowed a boom box with music and had a waiter up there taking orders. I am sure if some calls a week or so ahead and talks to a manager they probably would have no problem setting up for a "car-club type" group up top. Might work.

Here is the Site(select Laguna Beach from drop-down):http://www.rubys.com/diners/locations_diners.html
Here is a picture:

Old 04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some
rong way, and parking for all of the cars on a sat. might be tricky! just sayin...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:15 PM

Wow! A restaurant poll. Don't think I ever saw one of these.

Shouldn't you guys figure out where you're going to be first. I thought you were looking for a place in Malibu?

There is a big difference between OC and LA, miles wise. Maybe if you figure out what time you will be eating, this will give you a clue where you are going to be (HB, Laguna or Malibu?) and that will help narrow down your choice so you can just pick something.

For those who don't check threads very often, just knowing instead of checking, checking over and over to find out if they can make it to where you're going, would be nice.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Wow! A restaurant poll. Don't think I ever saw one of these.

Shouldn't you guys figure out where you're going to be first. I thought you were looking for a place in Malibu?

There is a big difference between OC and LA, miles wise. Maybe if you figure out what time you will be eating, this will give you a clue where you are going to be (HB, Laguna or Malibu?) and that will help narrow down your choice so you can just pick something.

For those who don't check threads very often, just knowing instead of checking, checking over and over to find out if they can make it to where you're going, would be nice.
Uh...thanks?

Are you signed up for the meet?

...have you been keeping current with the official thread?

.... see 1st post of official thread, it states that we are going to Malibu, and returning to dine in Huntington Beach at Macaroni Grill. People signed up freely, knowing very well where they are going, and if they didn't, its not my responsibility. They should check how far Malibu us and stuff. Figured that would be obvious, and if anyone, for whichever reason cannot make it, all they have to do is PM me, asking to change the location or PM me and request to be takin off the list.

I assure you, most everyone, if not EVERYone who signed up, is up for the drive. They read the post.

We are just going to Malibu, for... the drive I should say. We are coming back to Huntington Beach for the food.

Hope this cleared up whatever concern you had, PM me if you need me to write you an report. I'll be more than happy to do it.

Best Regards,
John
Old 05-03-2005, 02:02 PM

Uh...thanks?

.... see 1st post of official thread, it states that we are going to Malibu, and returning to dine in Huntington Beach at Macaroni Grill. People signed up freely, knowing very well where they are going, and if they didn't, its not my responsibility. They should check how far Malibu us and stuff. Figured that would be obvious, and if anyone, for whichever reason cannot make it, all they have to do is PM me, asking to change the location or PM me and request to be takin off the list.
First of all, if anyone has ever posted anything, they are very aware that they are unable to edit after awhile, including the first post of a thread so if info changes it must be stated later

Second, I guess my confusion came when you yourself posted, "What exaclty are you suggesting? That we meet in Malibu, Gladstones; or that we cruise there? ... And as for dining, if its not too much trouble, take some pics of their parking lot, and we will just eat there." Or maybe, when you posted this, "Now, I must ask for one more favour-- IF you can, I would like to give you the responsibility of finding us a place to dine in Malibu. Or near Malibu. Im going to wait until you respond to this before relieving myself of this responsibility, but I just figured it would be easier for you, since you're closer." Double

I could go on but I don't care that much, plus the dining poll which includes Malibu kinda says it all. I just wanted to know where you all were eating to see if I could make it that day for where I was going to be later in the afternoon - geesh!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
First of all, if anyone has ever posted anything, they are very aware that they are unable to edit after awhile, including the first post of a thread so if info changes it must be stated later

Second, I guess my confusion came when you yourself posted, "What exaclty are you suggesting? That we meet in Malibu, Gladstones; or that we cruise there? ... And as for dining, if its not too much trouble, take some pics of their parking lot, and we will just eat there." Or maybe, when you posted this, "Now, I must ask for one more favour-- IF you can, I would like to give you the responsibility of finding us a place to dine in Malibu. Or near Malibu. Im going to wait until you respond to this before relieving myself of this responsibility, but I just figured it would be easier for you, since you're closer." Double

I could go on but I don't care that much, plus the dining poll which includes Malibu kinda says it all. I just wanted to know where you all were eating to see if I could make it that day for where I was going to be later in the afternoon - geesh!
I got confused. My fault. Its just the location has changed so many times, I lost track. My fault. Either way, you will see where we are going to eat when this poll closes. So, you can decide there, sorry. Hope to see you there.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Lets close this poll in 10 Days. 10 Days Left Everyone 10 Days.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lets close this poll in 10 Days. 10 Days Left Everyone 10 Days.
Fair enough. So, ten days.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCH Cruise Dinner Poll *OPEN*