Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
slkfans

Oh man! Your car is a head-turner for sure.

Where do you get all your AMG stuff from?

Got any pictures of the pending AMG F1 Steering with shift pedals? Do they do a similar steering wheel for my E Class?

I think apart from meeting up, we all should get together for a photoshoot. With all the nice Mercs we have here, it will be really impressive.

Last edited by sybron; 03-11-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
Hi gianfranc

Originally Posted by gianfranc
Oh and ive actually seen the shop in MBK! 2000Bt is damn cheap! For front and back? Or just the front?
The AMG illuminated door sill set I got from R-Style is for front and back. Sorry, I made a mistake, it was Bt 4,000 (not Bt 2,000) for the whole set.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
When we get together for the meetup at 2 pm on 25 March at Kallang Mac (actually, please note that the meetup place is the car park adjacent to McDonalds and not the car park at McDonalds itself), one of the things I want to discuss with everyone is whether we should do a "Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore" window decal, similar to the BMWSG window decal (see http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/communi...ighlight=decal).

Ryan, the webmaster of BMWSG, directed me to Mr Wong of Kee Chong Sign. Mr Wong told me that the more pieces we make, the cheaper it will get. It would cost approx S$2.50 to $3.00 per piece if we make 100 pieces and approx S$1.50 to S$2.00 per piece if we make 300 pieces. Should we all chip in some money to order some decals? Also need someone to do the artwork. Anyone of you have artistic talents?

Last edited by sybron; 03-11-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
Hi gianfranc
In terms of lowering, i was quoted 30mm by benzline. Never actually measured how much it actually lowered my car by. I'll take a pic soon.
Initially, i just installed the eibach springs with stock shocks. Ride became very uncomfortable and i had to crawl over humps! But there was noticeable reduction in body roll. When the bilsteins were installed, the ride was super comfortable compared to before and i could go over humps at a moderate pace! The handling improved tremendously! Car felt much "smaller", like more taut! Really fun to corner fast. So now im not sure if i want to get Eibach sway bars. I'd recommend this combi! Unless you go to the track and want more performacne, then maybe you need coilovers.
My E class (W211) has airmatic and therefore, I cannot change my springs and shocks - because there is no spring and shocks to change. However, I will be installing the Eibach sway bar soon (see picture) and hope that this will improve the handling of my car. The Eibach sway bar is much thicker than the stock sway bar. Because the E class is a relatively big car, I find that there is a certain amount of body roll which I don't like. I don't feel so confident taking corners at a higher speed. There is no doubt that modding the springs, shocks and sway bar can really improve the handling of the car.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore-eibachstabliserkit.jpg  
Old 03-11-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by sybron
Hi gianfranc

My E class (W211) has airmatic and therefore, I cannot change my springs and shocks - because there is no spring and shocks to change. However, I will be installing the Eibach sway bar soon (see picture) and hope that this will improve the handling of my car. The Eibach sway bar is much thicker than the stock sway bar. Because the E class is a relatively big car, I find that there is a certain amount of body roll which I don't like. I don't feel so confident taking corners at a higher speed. There is no doubt that modding the springs, shocks and sway bar can really improve the handling of the car.
sybron,

I initially had Eibach springs installed but I don't like the ride, it is too stiff. As a result, I got the AMG shock absorbers as well as the AMG springs. The ride is comfortable without the aggressive drop as what Eibach does.

I got my AMG kit and accessories from Damlier Chrysler agent...
Old 03-11-2006, 12:03 PM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
[QUOTE=CBlack]
2) In terms of lowering, i was quoted 30mm by benzline. Never actually measured how much it actually lowered my car by. I'll take a pic soon.
Initially, i just installed the eibach springs with stock shocks. Ride became very uncomfortable and i had to crawl over humps! But there was noticeable reduction in body roll. When the bilsteins were installed, the ride was super comfortable compared to before and i could go over humps at a moderate pace! The handling improved tremendously! Car felt much "smaller", like more taut! Really fun to corner fast. So now im not sure if i want to get Eibach sway bars. I'd recommend this combi! Unless you go to the track and want more performacne, then maybe you need coilovers.

QUOTE]

Hi gianfranc, did you get the eibach springs and the bilsteins shocks from Benzline? How much did you pay?
Yah i got them from benzline. But i actually forgot how much i paid for them coz i got them 2 years ago.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:05 PM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
Hi gianfranc

The AMG illuminated door sill set I got from R-Style is for front and back. Sorry, I made a mistake, it was Bt 4,000 (not Bt 2,000) for the whole set.
LOL that's still very cheap!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:09 PM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
Hi gianfranc

Well as a matter of fact, ive been on the fence for a while on whether i should get the sway bars. I spoke to a suspension guru recently and he told me that the sway bars arent necessary coz i already have better shocks and springs. And it costs $850 and benzline told me i have to wait about 3 months!!!

Wonder whether anyone might know if there is a cheaper and faster alternative to order the sway bars??
Old 03-11-2006, 12:15 PM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
Originally Posted by slkfans
Hi guys.

Great to meet all of you here. It is hard to come by to gather a group of mercedes enthusiast...we only had the SLK club community before...

An intro to my ride :

Nickname : SLKFANS
Mods " Kleemann M271 Performance Kit, Kleemann K-Box, AMG Shock Absorbers (Front & Rear), AMG springs, AMG Body Kit, 18" LM-6 replica Rims, AMG 55 4 piston Rear brake calipers, AMG C32 front brake calipers (AMG 6 piston front calipers on its way ), AMG Quad Exhaust. Spearco Intercooler. High Flow Metallic Cats. AMG F1 Steering with shift pedals (on its way )...AMG illuminated door sills, AMG Gear Knob, AMG Tail lights, AMG Centre brake lights, AMG Boot Lip Spoiler.
Hey man. Ive heard of your car frm eric frm benzline! Once i saw the lambo doors, i knew! Nice mods u got there. Where did u get your high flow cats from? Can it pass the inspection (don't think u need to worry abt that for a long time though)? And where did u get your intercooler from?

For my M111 engine, the amout of mods seems pretty limited. Cant find a RHD header system for my car, nor can i find any upgraded intercooler. I ran a Kleemann pulley for 1 yr than took it out coz I wanted to find other mods to work hand in hand with the pulley but cant find any. Only if I can find some of these mods then i'll put the pulley back on and then finally tune the ecu.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:57 PM

Hey man. Ive heard of your car frm eric frm benzline! Once i saw the lambo doors, i knew! Nice mods u got there. Where did u get your high flow cats from? Can it pass the inspection (don't think u need to worry abt that for a long time though)? And where did u get your intercooler from?

For my M111 engine, the amout of mods seems pretty limited. Cant find a RHD header system for my car, nor can i find any upgraded intercooler. I ran a Kleemann pulley for 1 yr than took it out coz I wanted to find other mods to work hand in hand with the pulley but cant find any. Only if I can find some of these mods then i'll put the pulley back on and then finally tune the ecu.
Hi gianfranc,

OMG, they showed you the pics ? anyway, thanks for the compliments. The high flow cats can be obtained from Random technology but they don't come cheap..they are quality stuffs...

I got my intercooler from Canada, spearco core the best, the deal was a steal. I paid S$500 including shipping...

RHD header for M111 engine ? I think I know where to get it...
Old 03-11-2006, 10:55 PM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
Hi gianfranc,

OMG, they showed you the pics ? anyway, thanks for the compliments. The high flow cats can be obtained from Random technology but they don't come cheap..they are quality stuffs...

I got my intercooler from Canada, spearco core the best, the deal was a steal. I paid S$500 including shipping...

Sent you a pm
Old 03-12-2006, 11:48 AM

W124
Hi everyone!!

like what the mixmaster had said,

hope to see you guys in the kopi/teh sessions!

we can discuss abt the club future...

anyway my current ride isn't any comparable to you guys, just recently change from W123 to W124... feel sad to kill my W123 off..
hope you guys won't mind...

R-style at MBK, really sell Merc stuffs DIRT cheap!!

got lots of mod stuffs!!, like the headlights, the latest version they have for W210, a W211 lookalike that also comes with angel eye!!
Old 03-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180K
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Looks like I've been here the longest (since 2002!).

Thanks for the link to the Delphi Forum as I have been searching for it (for that matter an MB Club in Singapore!) for some time without success.

I won't be able to make it this round but do keep me informed of any events in future.

Cheers.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 AM

W124
Hope there will lots of guys from here to turn up at the meetup!

on the 25th Mar, at Kallang Mac from 2pm
Old 03-18-2006, 09:24 AM

Introduction

well done DJ. at least now we have a proper home to chat and organise some activities.

my nickname: four_eggs
current ride: sliver W211 with a special no. plate + new SL grill + 2 single tail pipes + a reverse camera + LCD mirror monitor

Last few rides: Cefiro 2.3l, Galant VR4

i am in the headhunting business so give me a buzz if you are looking out for other opportunities.

see you guys.

cheers, allen
Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 AM

E200K W211 (M271)
Late to this party, although I started the tuning options for Singaporeans! LOL!

OK, just the basic W211 E200 Kompressor here. Stock, no mods as yet as the "she who must be obeyed" has not given the green light as yet....

Maybe a change in rims will in the pipeline once the current tyres wear off (at 23K now). But really eyeing the Kleemann kit for some time now...
Old 03-19-2006, 01:32 PM

W124
Originally Posted by VBlaster_W211
Late to this party, although I started the tuning options for Singaporeans! LOL!

OK, just the basic W211 E200 Kompressor here. Stock, no mods as yet as the "she who must be obeyed" has not given the green light as yet....

Maybe a change in rims will in the pipeline once the current tyres wear off (at 23K now). But really eyeing the Kleemann kit for some time now...
yo bro, just drop by on Sat afternoon!, maybe you can get some tips from Unker Batam!! abt the K-kit!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:53 AM

Looking fwd to meetup!

Great to know there is a group of MB folks here ...I've been searching for the last 4 years! Here are some pics of my ride. Sorry not very good with techy stuff so dont know how to remove lic plate (maybe someone can help).

I'm into the black wheel phase right now so hope some of you like this...not too beng I hope

wangte27
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore-test2.jpg   Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore-test4.jpg   Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore-test1-1.jpg  
Old 03-20-2006, 12:32 PM

2000 Kleemann CLK 230K
Originally Posted by wangte27
Great to know there is a group of MB folks here ...I've been searching for the last 4 years! Here are some pics of my ride. Sorry not very good with techy stuff so dont know how to remove lic plate (maybe someone can help).

I'm into the black wheel phase right now so hope some of you like this...not too beng I hope

wangte27
black rims are not my style but your car looks hot! and the porsche too!

can u make it up multi storey carparks like those in town with a front as low as yours? can u clear humps without any problems? or do u have adjustable suspension?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:20 PM

wangte27
Hi wangte27,

Both of your rides look brilliant especially the porsche cab! Is that a 996? By the way, what kind of bodykit you have installed on your c-class? For the licence plate, you can use any graphics software like photoshop and just blank off your number. Cheers
Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 PM

to Gianfranc and heliomatrix

black rims are not my style but your car looks hot! and the porsche too!

can u make it up multi storey carparks like those in town with a front as low as yours? can u clear humps without any problems? or do u have adjustable suspension?

Tks fellow petrolheads! Yah...its the slowest thing up and down multistory carparks but I've been able to manage most w/o much problems or minor scraps. Nope no adjustable suspension just the eibachs with stock sport suspension shocks (avantgarde).

to helio - yup its a 996 C4 cab w/ tip S. Wish I had a nicer kit though. The kit for the C is a Wald replica with some other bits. Not the best quality in the world but what the heck ...its only a kit and this is not a car to go 170mph...thats for the P car

cheers and looking fwd to meeting you folks at the meetup
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM

re quickshift/paddleshift

Bros

Another mod I have planned is to change my stock steering wheel to a MP Design steering wheel with quickshift "+" and "-" buttons. Benzline will be bringing in one for me soon.

As I have always wanted to have paddleshifts like those in the BMW M3, I think I will like the steering wheel with the quickshift buttons. Can anyone (who has done this mod or has a newer Mercedes such as the new SLK which comes with the quickshift buttons) can give any feedback about the quickshift buttons. How fun is it?

Steve of MBenzNL also posted on this forum that AMG will have a paddleshift kit availabe soon. See https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...34#post1510434 If I can do this mod, that would be really exciting!

Hi Sybron

A good friend of mine from BMW.SG (we called him the professor!) retrofitted the M paddleshift on my ex ride and I swear that that was the best mod bar none. It increased the fun factor of driving the car by multiples by being able to keep in the sweet spot/right gear when you want to. I was able to keep up with P cars through corners and on street roads with it ...great fun! Keep me posted if this makes it to our shores yah!

yeechh I cant stand the left/right mode of changing gears man...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:43 PM

lambo doors

Hi gianfranc,

How are the lambo doors? PM me if you prefer pls (btw good talking to you on the phone)

more specifically - how was installation - during and after
Quality? How much and how long to install?
Function? Safety and reliability?
Any inconvenience ?
Of course do also share with us how many jaws dropped when it opened

wangte27
Old 03-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
Hi Sybron

A good friend of mine from BMW.SG (we called him the professor!) retrofitted the M paddleshift on my ex ride and I swear that that was the best mod bar none. It increased the fun factor of driving the car by multiples by being able to keep in the sweet spot/right gear when you want to. I was able to keep up with P cars through corners and on street roads with it ...great fun! Keep me posted if this makes it to our shores yah!

yeechh I cant stand the left/right mode of changing gears man...
Hi wangte27

I am due to mod my E Class stock steering wheel to a MP Design steering wheel with quickshift "+" and "-" buttons. I will keep you posted on whether this mod is successful or not. I don't think that there is any paddleshift for Mercedes steering wheel yet, only quickshift buttons.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Almost a Member!

W211
Hi bros

I am sorry that I cannot make it to the Mercedes-Benz SG meetup this Saturday (25 March) at Kallang Mac at 2 pm as I will be out of Singapore. Shame, I really wanted to meetup with you all.

Have fun and try to take some pics to post here.

Cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz Club of Singapore