Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

Spring ROSE BOWL meet - Saturday May 12th

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 Cutlass Ciera SL w/ 3300 Buick Engine
Originally Posted by nlpamg
thanks Berger.

we stayed there b/c we were taking "all sedan" pics after the coupes had left and we were trying another formation (as you'll see when more of the pics show up).

ah, I thought they were seatbelted in, they weren't moving around as you were driving, so I thought they were pretty secure. what were you trying to do? get in the carpool lane?
let me just clear things before this grows out of proportion ...

I was expecting the same level friendliness at the meet, as the one shown here in the forum.

of course, im not saying that i wanted people to come up and just be like
"hey dude, wuz up" like if we'd known each other for years ... but im sure you
know what i mean
Old 05-14-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Uh... How old do you think some of us are?? I may look alot older than i am but trust me im not old. I am very outgoing, infact the group of us that were over by vics cars having beers laughing it up with everyone, id say our median age at MOST is 20, 21. Vics probably the oldest of us and i dont even think hes 30. I guess you complimented us then.
Thanks for the compliment of looking 20, 21, hehe, but James and I were hanging there and I turned 34 yesterday and James I believe is 36, lol. Vic is in his mid-30's isn't he??? Anyway, I enjoyed the meet and food and beer was great after. Next time, shade please...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by Berger Stahl
.... 1.- i dont believe an "age requirement" is due ....
and i hate to point people out but YOU were actually one of the few that i noticed to be friendly and that was around my age ...
.... 2.- i understand the picture taking and formation of the c classes ....
but after the coupes came to the "other" side .... the rest of the c's stayed there ....
.... 3. -im sure my stuffed animals did not reflect my behaviour at the meet .... and besides they are not seatbelted ... they're just sitting there

my apologies if i misinterpreted things, but i much rather be honest and a bit "blunt" if you may, than to hold things back and just single out from such events( which i do enjoy )....
Like Phil stated earlier, the opp, space, and largest group of 203s were all there - it was perfect for a shoot - I was surprised myself. And yeah, I was called out to try to coordinate the parking of the shots so you can blame my young, immature, asian c-class driving self if you like - I would've done so for the same group of 6.3Ls had the occasion risen.

Aren't we all in the end enthusiasts for the brand that we carry? Didn't I give you a dogtag (which I created specifically for this meet with Carlos)? If not, well..? I chatted with you for a bit too, but if our conversation was clearly not something you were expecting from an MB enthusiast, excuse me for interrupting your enjoyment of this meet.

It was a pleasure to meet you.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by mig888
I chatted with you for a bit too, but if our conversation was clearly not something you were expecting from an MB enthusiast, excuse me for interrupting your enjoyment of this meet.

It was a pleasure to meet you.
i had no conversation expectations ...
i was talking to people from cars payments
raising kids, hotdogs, and even doing chicks in the parking lot
No, i did not get a dogtag but thats not the point ...

damn it .... THE PEOPLE THAT I TALKED TO ARE THE ONES TAKING THIS THE WORST WAY

all im saying is that i felt somewhat left out and maybe is my fault because is the first meet that i show up at ...
once again, i apologize for what i said but im a very honest guy .... sorry

Last edited by Berger Stahl; 05-14-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

THE C
Wow what a great meet! Although, I won't admit it I am jealous being on the east coast now! Don't tell anyone though!

Berger, so were you doing chicks in the parking lot in front of the stuffed animals? I just wanted to charify that. At least put them in the trunk!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by JKETCH
Wow what a great meet! Although, I won't admit it I am jealous being on the east coast now! Don't tell anyone though!

Berger, so were you doing chicks in the parking lot in front of the stuffed animals? I just wanted to charify that. At least put them in the trunk!
ahHAhahHA
see, things get misinterpreted so easily ...
im not even going to say what im thinking about your post
Old 05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Meets are not like our jobs- we are not forced to interact or include although often we flock together based on common interests. For instance the E55 guys generally hang and the C Class guys roll. Does that mean I dont like them or they dont like me ... I hope not.

I have been going to meets for 6 years and what I did from day one was reach out to those I met on the boards. I think a level of proactivity is in order and if one doesnt feel like meeting someone else than the expectations should not be there.

Ill be first to say that as soon as I parked I went to hang out with the members who I know but anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a friendly and inclusive person. Sometimes its a logistics thing and I need to stay by my trunk where my beers were at.

I didnt get to meet you but will make every effort at the next event to share my car and my experiences with you. I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

THE C
Originally Posted by Berger Stahl
ahHAhahHA
see, things get misinterpreted so easily ...
im not even going to say what im thinking about your post
Sorry man, I was just curious....also why in the hell do you have stuffed animals in your car????
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 PM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Well I guess I'll throw in some .02 cents right here, I'll say off the bat when coming to this meet I did not know anyone, nobody absolutely nobody, actually when I arrived at the first Caravan everybody was leaving and I was lucky enought to follow behind the pack, I only recognized one car Alex's car which I did not know was owned by non other then "Sean" lol, so with that being said I followed him and then the E-Class passed us up so at the time I was assuming Sean didn't know where he was going so he followed them. We all ended up at Matt Dennys, first person I walked up to was Sean (LOL) without knowing I shook his hand and introduced myself then we all went inside sat at the tables I didn't seat myself right away was a bit nervous, then I said w/e F it, introduced myself to all at the table and what do you know we all conversated and had a great time and now I got a group of people I know and hang out with and meet more new people, I think personally if you meet any of the guys I hung out you will see these Mercedes meet differently, actually Berger, I don't remember who it was it might of been Vasir? They mentioned "Is Berger Stahl coming?" I THINK the reason why most people stayed where they were was because of the heat, it was REALLY hot that's why I didn't feel like snapping photos of everyones cars from all possible angles, I just got the shots needed and came back to my spot, I really didn't want to move around much cause it was too hot.

All in all it was a great meet, there was a few knuckle heads, but everybody had fun (I'm hoping everybody did) I would definately go to the next one wherever it may be!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
99' SL500, 16' i3, 14' Passat TDI SEL
lol yeah..i wanted to meet people i talked to online..i was liek 'wheres berger stahl?' haha...great meet. lets do it again.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vasir
lol yeah..i wanted to meet people i talked to online..i was liek 'wheres berger stahl?' haha...great meet. lets do it again.
see, i didnt even get to see you ....
the XP cd is still in my car

but next time will be different ...

ill buy a 3 feet STICKER w/ my forum nick and place it on my front
windshield ...

Last edited by Berger Stahl; 05-14-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol! thanks..next meet ill be sure to take it off your hands!!! hahaha.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Vic55
Meets are not like our jobs- we are not forced to interact or include although often we flock together based on common interests. For instance the E55 guys generally hang and the C Class guys roll. Does that mean I dont like them or they dont like me ... I hope not.

I have been going to meets for 6 years and what I did from day one was reach out to those I met on the boards. I think a level of proactivity is in order and if one doesnt feel like meeting someone else than the expectations should not be there.

Ill be first to say that as soon as I parked I went to hang out with the members who I know but anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a friendly and inclusive person. Sometimes its a logistics thing and I need to stay by my trunk where my beers were at.

I didnt get to meet you but will make every effort at the next event to share my car and my experiences with you. I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.
Vic is one of the most down to earth "ballers" (sorry for the reference...LOL) I know. Despite having a crazy monster of a car that costs oodles of $$$, he is without a doubt humble about it.

In fact, I didn't even meet him until the last meet that Angela organized in O.C. And he was cool enough to say what's up to me.

BTW...sorry I didn't get a chance to say what's up, Vic.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
2002 CLK430
Some photos can be seen here.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Vic is one of the most down to earth "ballers" (sorry for the reference...LOL) I know. Despite having a crazy monster of a car that costs oodles of $$$, he is without a doubt humble about it.

In fact, I didn't even meet him until the last meet that Angela organized in O.C. And he was cool enough to say what's up to me.

BTW...sorry I didn't get a chance to say what's up, Vic.
Banned for not saying hello.

Moderator Wars I- let it begin!!

Thanks Drex- you are hella cool too- everyone single person has been cool, all the way down to Lexani Where did John go?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Very cool! .
Old 05-14-2007, 06:21 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
nice
Old 05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55
Banned for not saying hello.

Moderator Wars I- let it begin!!

Thanks Drex- you are hella cool too- everyone single person has been cool, all the way down to Lexani Where did John go?
Hey Vic, you know what would be nice at the next meet, badges or name tags of some sort with the person's call-sign from the mb-boards and their real name. I don't mean some of those "hello my name is" stupid stickers but something a bit nicer and readable. I'm willing to pay for a name badge if I know others will be wearing theirs as well. I guess we'll have to propose this to the next host of the next MB GTG if others agree!

Anyway, good times brothas and let's do this again soon! Maybe we'll do a Matt Denny's night for some beer drinking and car talking...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i think we just have to do our rounds and talk with people. i noticed we had no trouble talking and introducing ourselves..we were just too segregated and felt too comfortable in our small groups.
i think for the next semi big meet we need to have a central area where food and drinks are, so promote mingling with more people.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vasir
i think we just have to do our rounds and talk with people. i noticed we had no trouble talking and introducing ourselves..we were just too segregated and felt too comfortable in our small groups.
i think for the next semi big meet we need to have a central area where food and drinks are, so promote mingling with more people.
I completely agree Vasir and we should talk to like an In-N-Out truck or a "clean" taco truck to show up; they'll make the money and we'll enjoy the refreshments...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Lol ... lot's silver and black (or 'dark blue') cars there ... one bright red SLK in the bunch.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Great meet guys! Although it was a bit hot (especially for bald guys, lol) it was great to chill with everyone and meet in person some of those that we correspond with in here. Also, Matt Denny's (Vics choice) had great food and great beer. I'm looking forward to the next one and hopefully I won't be so stock there, lol.
Hey Jimbo...too bad we didn't get a chance to meetup Bro, it's been years since I last saw you and quite honestly it would be a challenge picking you from a crowd. Maybe at the next one! I had hope to finally meet Alex (Alexbenz)...but someone had said he didn't show up.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Richard023
Hey Jimbo...too bad we didn't get a chance to meetup Bro, it's been years since I last saw you and quite honestly it would be a challenge picking you from a crowd. Maybe at the next one! I had hope to finally meet Alex (Alexbenz)...but someone had said he didn't show up.
Yeah man, I thought that was your Vette but when I heard Vic and some of the boys yelling for Ricker, I didn't think it was yours. Oh well, maybe we'll see each other in Porter Ranch or something, lol, or at the next meet. Take care bro...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Great meet guys, this was my first mercedes gathering. Had a great time and nice to meet all you guys. Serge
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Hey Vic, you know what would be nice at the next meet, badges or name tags of some sort with the person's call-sign from the mb-boards and their real name. I don't mean some of those "hello my name is" stupid stickers but something a bit nicer and readable. I'm willing to pay for a name badge if I know others will be wearing theirs as well. I guess we'll have to propose this to the next host of the next MB GTG if others agree!

Anyway, good times brothas and let's do this again soon! Maybe we'll do a Matt Denny's night for some beer drinking and car talking...

I think Carlos had that idea at one point and then we went with car placards with our handle name. I am down for either or neither. Some people just like to go and see the cars and keep the themselves. Personally I dont go so much for the cars anymore as I have seen almost everything in the past. I go now because I dont get to hang too often with the likes of your yourself, Fred, Sun, James, Alex, Chris D, Sean, etc ... or get a chance to meet people like Ben and John.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Spring ROSE BOWL meet - Saturday May 12th