Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

June 2nd AMG Owners Summer Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63

Join your fellow AMG owners for a day filled with cars, technical sessions and food at the Astor Classic Event Center in Anaheim California. AMG Private Lounge will bring a few special cars to add to the display of Art Astor’s private car collection of 270 American classics including Corvettes, Mustang, Fords, Pontiac’s, Packard’s as well as classic imports from Mercedes, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, very rare Morgan’s and a Morris Minor. Please support this event by registering early and inviting other AMG drivers. The parking lot will support up to 200 cars plus overflow so let’s fill it up. This will be a professionally catered event with a no host bar and will take place rain or shine. The facility is 100,000 square feet of space filled with cars, trains and a communication museum so bring the whole family.

Additional details should be released with in the next week about the technical sessions, sponsors, raffle prizes and display cars provided by the AMG Private Lounge. Supporting this event will help kick start the creation of a west coast AMG Drivers Club which we would like to target the first track event for September. We want AMG owners from Northern California, Arizona, Nevada & Utah to attend as well so spread the word and we will help coordinate caravans and lodging if necessary.

Date: Saturday June 2nd 2007
Location: Astor Classic Event Center http://www.astorclassics.com/automotive.html
Time: 11:00am -5:00pm
Cost: $88 per adult $36 per child

Registration: Registration is for all AMG & Mercedes Benz drivers. If capacity permits we will allow other cars. Please send an email titled June 2nd AMG Meet Registration to amgdriversclub@***.net with the information below. You will receive a return email with a PayPal invoice for payment. Once registered you will be on the list for updates about the event and entry for the raffle prizes.

Full Name:
Forum & User Name for name tag
Year, Make , Model of your car:
List Modifications-Reserved parking will be provided for those "special" cars
Email address
# of Adults attending # of Children attending

This event is being organized by AMG owners. This is not an official AMG event. Come out and join other owners in celebrating the brand and support for future driving events.

Last edited by ShelleE55; 04-27-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 AM

08 E63
June 2nd Event Updates

This post will contain updates on sessions, sponsors and raffle prize information for the June 2nd AMG Owners Summer Meet.

Special Cars:
1955 Gullwing-provided by Heinz Gietz Autohaus

Sessions
Performance Tuning your AMG- Vadim of GMGRacing.com
Taking your AMG to the Track- Dieter of Heinz Gietz Autohaus
AMG Private Lounge - Sessions and Contacts will be announced next week
Wheel Selection & Sizing- Sander of The Wheel Supply

Last edited by ShelleE55; 04-27-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Awesome event !!

Expect a huge Mercedes-Benz & AMG turnout !!!

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by Saprissa
Awesome event !!

Expect a huge Mercedes-Benz & AMG turnout !!!

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Good we need a big turn out to pay for the facility and show AMG & MB USA that the West can get owners out to events and then we can get more support from them in the future.....

Post will go out to MB drivers next week... the meet and sessions will be fun for everyone.

Shelle
Old 05-05-2007, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Signed up.

For those that have not signed up: You all should consider going as this could be the starting point of something similar to Bimmerfest. Come out and show your support!
Old 05-07-2007, 02:29 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Signed up.

For those that have not signed up: You all should consider going as this could be the starting point of something similar to Bimmerfest. Come out and show your support!
Several AMG owners wanted to create an event that appealed to all and provided additional value. After seeing the Astor Classic center and knowing that many car clubs hold events at this location we decided to set up a 2 day event unfortunately the track day will not be until September. There is a cost when you use a private facility but there are also benefits of a paid event. If we can start getting attendance like they have at Bimmer Fest then you can get the cost down to $20 or $30 a person.

Since so many have asked here is the rough breakdown:
Rental of the meeting Space & Access to the private car collection: $6250
Lunch is $25 per person-www.richardjonespitbbq.com
Bar -$450 deposit w/$500 min revenue guarantee
Av Rental, Table & chairs Rental, Security & in door floor space for the Gullwing & AMG Private Lounge cars $2250

MBCA just had an event where they charged $45 per car but with the other car clubs in attendance there were well over 150 attendees. For the limited number of people offering to help with the June 2nd event the fee is $36.00.

If you find value in this type of event go ahead and register, details at www.amgdriversclub.com. This will help get sponsors for two day events such as track day & golf!
Old 05-13-2007, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Signed up as well

This sounds like a great event you guys are putting together. Even better, it's only 1.3 miles from my office. Takes me only 2 minutes to get there. I never knew about the Astor Classic Event Center. The only other event center nearby is the Pheonix Club down the street and The Grove.

Saprissa/Carlos, are you going too?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Exclamation

Originally Posted by pshek
Signed up as well

This sounds like a great event you guys are putting together. Even better, it's only 1.3 miles from my office. Takes me only 2 minutes to get there. I never knew about the Astor Classic Event Center. The only other event center nearby is the Pheonix Club down the street and The Grove.

Saprissa/Carlos, are you going too?
Unfortunately, I will be thousands of miles away. Otherwise, I would do it again in a heart-beat.

As Shelle mentioned, we (MBCA) just had an event at the Astor Classic Cetner on April 15th. For the $45 I paid, it was highly worth it. That included Free entrance to the museum, great LUNCH, a Mercedes-Benz Defensive Driving Course, a GYMKHANA auto-cross event (which I won a prize for ! ) , full insurance, and great company with MB enthusiasts. Totally worth the $45.

I highly encourage everyone to sign up ! This will be a memorable event.

As Shelle also mentioned, we've been trying to get people as enthused about an MB Fest as the BMW folks hype their BimmerFest ! With the SAPRISSA MB Meets and events like these, it is feasible that we can get there, but we need EVERYONE to not only participate, but also help out and organize logistics, rally sponsors, and help in any way you best know how !!

All in all... please get this event hyped on all MB Forums !

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I too, can't make this one.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
99' SL500, 16' i3, 14' Passat TDI SEL
me either....im going back home to sacramento..but look on the bright side..ill probably drive my CLK55 down to socal, so i can have it for the next meet! lol.. no more tool in a s320. now it will be a tool in a clk. ;P
Old 05-16-2007, 10:43 PM

08 E63
September 8th Track Day

Thanks everyone for your interest in the June 2nd Event. Due to overwhelming feedback of a track day versus a car show, from AMG owners, we have decided to postpone this event for a September 8th AMG track day. The driving event will be fun & safe for all owners, even if it is your first time on the track.

YOU MUST REGISTER EARLY ONCE EVENT DETAILS ARE RELEASED, SPACE WILL BE LIMITED!

Please send an email to amgdriversclub@***.net with your name, make and model and list track experience. This will make sure you are one of the first to receive an invite for this event.

Thanks,
Shelle

Last edited by ShelleE55; 05-16-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 PM

08 E63
Thumbs up Details of September 8th Willow Springs Track Day

September 8th Willow Springs Track Day

Join your fellow AMG drivers for a safe and fun track day at Willow Springs on September 8th. Professional instructors will be on hand to help track new comers or provide pointers to the regulars. The day will start out with a mandatory drivers meeting to review the track rules. A class room session will follow for the novice drivers while the advance run group heads out to the 2.5 mile road course with 9 turns, long straights and the opportunity to drive their AMG at speeds close to 150mph! In between run groups drivers will have instructor led sessions on the Skid Pad. No down time, no waiting for your run groups next track session:

You will be pushing your AMG to the limit the entire day!

Plan to arrive at the Essex House Friday September 7th by 7pm for hors d’oeuvres and a no host bar so you can meet your fellow AMG owners and talk with the instructors. We will also be giving away prizes on Friday night. Track arrival is scheduled for 7am on Saturday morning to complete check in and get a bite to eat (not included in price). Drivers meeting will start at 8:00am and then the track becomes available for the first run group. This is not wheel to wheel racing, rather the opportunity to improve your driving skills and exercise the power of your AMG in a safe environment. Lunch will be served at noon. Last run group will finish about 4:30pm.

When: Saturday September 8th 2007
Where: Willow Springs 3500 75th Street West Rosamond CA 93560
Price: $250 by check or $260 payment via PayPal

REGISTRATION: In order to guarantee a successful event you must register early. Space is limited. Send an email with the information below to amgdriversclub@***.net and you will receive an email with the payment instructions, event schedule, hotel information, track preparation and liability forms.

Email the following information to amgdriversclub@***.net
First & Last Name of all drivers
Car Make & Model
Method of Payment: Check or PayPal
Run Group: Yellow, Blue or Red

Yellow= Novice track drivers Blue= Drivers with significant track experience Red=Very Experienced Drivers

All drivers must pay even if you plan on sharing a car in the same run group or in a different run group.

This event is being organized by AMG owners. This is not an official AMG-MBUSA event. Come out and celebrate the brand and support for future driving events around the Southwest.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
i wish i could make money like u guys...if i didnt have to pay my car payments i'd join every single MB event, heyyy speaking of money...how about a hand guys? huh huh? I do nice car washes btw
Old 05-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Unsticking since its no longer happening.