Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

BMW vs MB Round one 4/20/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55, C63
Originally Posted by MiKeSSw203
Al I have complete copies of the emails. I know you are questioning the judging. If someone was trying to scare me by posting their feedback and try and bash something I worked hard for I would also let him do so and dig his own hole. What was the mistake that was made? What corrective action would you have like to seen take place? I know that there may have been some miscommunication as award classes when Mild and Wild BMW and MBZ were combined and will make sure that is very clear next time around.
Put it this way, if the announcer guy at the show was telling everybody there were going to be 6 awards given out, 3 for BMW and 3 for Mercedes (I even went up to talk to him and confirmed this), this is a very good indication that NOBODY actually knew what awards were going to be given out.

If someone challenges me on something I know to be right, you know how I am, Mike, I don't back down. I will continue posting my opinions about this round 1, and any future BMWFEST meets.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:12 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Originally Posted by OPALW208
I don't expect ANYTHING to be handed to me. Jon's CLS is a sick car, and I have absolutely no problem with his car winning.

The entire point of my frustration and anger is geared towards the promoter telling me one thing, and doing something else.

Even if the promoter finally realizes that he made a mistake, and issues an apology for the misunderstanding, I would accept it and call it a day......

but he actually challenged me to post up my opinions on the forums, and this is what i'm doing.

e60 forums , mymbonline, and e90 post are next.
Don't worry Al! I went ahead and posted it over there for you.

Any feedback is always welcomed!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
Put it this way, if the announcer guy at the show was telling everybody there were going to be 6 awards given out, 3 for BMW and 3 for Mercedes (I even went up to talk to him and confirmed this), this is a very good indication that NOBODY actually knew what awards were going to be given out.

If someone challenges me on something I know to be right, you know how I am, Mike, I don't back down. I will continue posting my opinions about this round 1, and any future BMWFEST meets.
Clearly this is about the awards Some probably didn't know what award classes their were cuz its just a plaque and didn't care since they were at the event for the real reason, but I knew we had only 4 awards as stated in my PM on Monday. I thought it was 2 for each MBZ and BMW wild and mild instead of best of BMW, Best of MBZ and WILD and MILD w/ MBZ and BMW facing off. I think it was acutally better that way since the event was dubbed BMWvsMBZ and had the cars compete against each other and gave MBZ owners a chance to compete for 3 titles instead of 2.

I respect that you won't back down as I will not either. So keep dishing it out One question tho... how would you form an opinion on future Mfest events if you don't attend?? Too me it sounds like you are holding a grudge
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 PM

2007 E63 AMG
I had a good time at the BMWvsMBZ Meet. I finally got to meet the MyMB crew and I met up with some pretty cool M5 owners and a e46 owner with a badazz 325i in San Diego on the way up.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 PM

ML320

Last edited by yellow fever1; 04-23-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:03 AM

Lambourgini
That's My Son...

The Next Michael Schumacher
Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
One question tho... how would you form an opinion on future Mfest events if you don't attend?? Too me it sounds like you are holding a grudge
WOW.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
I respect that you won't back down as I will not either. So keep dishing it out One question tho... how would you form an opinion on future Mfest events if you don't attend?? Too me it sounds like you are holding a grudge
That's an easy question to answer, Mike. I see how this one went, and how F'd up the head promoter is. He isn't even man enough to own up to his mistakes. If he did, none of this negative feedback would have been posted.

Grudge? Hell no. I am just basically answering his "dare." There's enough negative coverage in this thread already. I've already accomplished what I've wanted to do.

Members on the other forum who know the promoter have already tried to twist the ***** around , but it didn't work.

THe only person who posted anything true and logical was Vic55. I believe he can see both sides of what happened.

apology has already been issued to Mike.

Last edited by OPALW208; 04-25-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Gangsta
Old 04-25-2008, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's an easy question to answer, Mike. I see how this one went, and how F'd up the head promoter is. He isn't even man enough to own up to his mistakes. If he did, none of this negative feedback would have been posted.

Grudge? Hell no. I am just basically answering his "dare." There's enough negative coverage in this thread already. I've already accomplished what I've wanted to do.

Members on the other forum who know the promoter have already tried to twist the ***** around , but it didn't work.

THe only person who posted anything true and logical was Vic55. I believe he can see both sides of what happened.

glad you editted this. nothing will happen to pham. He is a troublemaker but he is my troublemaker. Out of the respect to me and the respect I show you nothing will happen.

I'll talk to you more offline tomorrow. I got other business to handle now
Old 04-25-2008, 03:11 AM

BMW e39 540it Touring

Opal,

Chris already apologized even after you tried threatening him. Here's that email:

Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:46:40 -0700 (PDT)
"C nags" <dscofftshirt@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject:
Re: competing at bmw vs MB round #1
To:
albert@sonicms.net
Al,

Post what you want (who's stopping you) but have you
checked the other competitors who won? ...don't get me
wrong, your car is insane along with the other
competitors...but not everybody have the same taste...
we tried our best to make this a good event, now if
you were not happy or some of you are not happy I
apologize for it, but it is what it is...

There were 4 awards, there are no 1st, 2nd or third
place but all winners...
1. Mild
2. Wild
3. Best BMW
4. Best Mercedes

What more do you want? Do you really expect another apology after what you're doing? He only said that he can't stop you from expressing your feelings, but really...it is what it is.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no need to pick at any scabs trying to heal. everyone got their 2 cents in on the other side. Lets just end it at that.

so... anyone else got more pics???
Old 04-25-2008, 03:28 AM

BMW e39 540it Touring
no need to pick at any scabs trying to heal. everyone got their 2 cents in on the other side. Lets just end it at that.

so... anyone else got more pics???
+1!

here's one pic that jj gave me that he recently post processed =)...

Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 AM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
Originally Posted by jvcajita
+1!

here's one pic that jj gave me that he recently post processed =)...

very nice...!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM

BMW e39 540it Touring
Originally Posted by auktane
very nice...!!!
you and jj man!!! the best post processing skills ever!!! =)
Old 04-26-2008, 12:35 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
glad you editted this. nothing will happen to pham. He is a troublemaker but he is my troublemaker. Out of the respect to me and the respect I show you nothing will happen.

I'll talk to you more offline tomorrow. I got other business to handle now

by the way - I saw what you posted fat Albert - Wise decision in making your edit.

"hey, hey, hey!!!"
Old 04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham

by the way - I saw what you posted fat Albert - Wise decision in making your edit.

"hey, hey, hey!!!"
knock it off pham!