Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

BMW vs MB Round one 4/20/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MiKeSSw203
lol I guess you guys would rather look at ***** than the girls
my bad on not bringing them on time... Sorry
hell ya....
u get to see the laker ball game AND the laker girls!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by MJ50
the only W208
I wasn't the only W208 there...Opal208 was there as well repping for the W208's.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
i didnt take the mbz out for this but did take the M.....

Old 04-22-2008, 05:54 AM

BMW e39 540it Touring
more pics from the event!!! =)

for those who underestimate this lady, she's a master tech stage three! yikes!!!!

james aka thaichi808 "laying" people, lol! =P

does genna resemble "phoebe" from friends here??? =)

the numbah is 7891 double oh 7!

of course he's gonna win! ivan with the stage 2 dinan full hamann e46 m3!!!

todd of stealthauto all smiles!!! =)

the ladies reppin eurodyne!

who wants dubz???

yum!!!

the real deal! raff with his e39 touring on LMs!!!

MFEST! MFEST! MFEST!

erotic exotics!

vegastrashed E63!

the winning car!!!

borbets!

i got about 300+ more where that came from! just check the link below!

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...w%20vs%20merc/
Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 AM

BMW e39 540it Touring
ivan, my bad pare....i was typing the captions soooo quick that i thought i typed down vf but instead came out dinan!!! eeeks sorry pare!

Last edited by Jo@EuroDyne; 04-22-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Damn, Kay was there? Oh well, at least I took care of my ish...although, now I've gotta deal with new stuff.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
this so-called show was a total joke. The main promoter emailed me 2 days before the show and informed me there were going to be 3 awards for Mercedes Benz: BEST Mercedes, WILD Mercedes, MILD Mercedes.

Even at the opening announcements, the filipino announcer guy informed the crowd there would be 6 awards given out: BEST BMW, BEST Mercedes, Mild and Wild BMW and Mercdes.

When the time came for the award ceremony, only one award was given out: BEST Mercedes.

I've emailed the promoter of this show, and he has totally changed up his story about awards. I have his first email he sent me, which I will gladly forward to anyone who wants it, and I have his last 2 he sent me, where things changed up.....especially his attitude.

I suggested to him that he keep his meets 100% BMW, as his judges and helpers knew absolutely NOTHING about Mercedes at all.

Whoever is thinking of attending the BMWFEST in LV, if you are a Mercedes owner, F<>K this event! Totally unorganized, totally untruthful, and most of all a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
i didn't stay long enuf for the awards but i did notice this event should've been called "BMW vs others" meet...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by OPALW208
this so-called show was a total joke. The main promoter emailed me 2 days before the show and informed me there were going to be 3 awards for Mercedes Benz: BEST Mercedes, WILD Mercedes, MILD Mercedes.

Even at the opening announcements, the filipino announcer guy informed the crowd there would be 6 awards given out: BEST BMW, BEST Mercedes, Mild and Wild BMW and Mercdes.

When the time came for the award ceremony, only one award was given out: BEST Mercedes.

I've emailed the promoter of this show, and he has totally changed up his story about awards. I have his first email he sent me, which I will gladly forward to anyone who wants it, and I have his last 2 he sent me, where things changed up.....especially his attitude.

I suggested to him that he keep his meets 100% BMW, as his judges and helpers knew absolutely NOTHING about Mercedes at all.

Whoever is thinking of attending the BMWFEST in LV, if you are a Mercedes owner, F<>K this event! Totally unorganized, totally untruthful, and most of all a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...it's official...you're pissed.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CLK FAN
OK...it's official...you're pissed.
think about it...
he came down from SF for this...
and his sig could've looked like this...

2008 HIN San Mateo HOTTEST MERCEDES
2008 Best DTM Mercedes Long Beach
2008 BMW vs MB BEST/MILD/WILD Mercedes
Old 04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
think about it...
he came down from SF for this...
and his sig could've looked like this...

2008 HIN San Mateo HOTTEST MERCEDES
2008 Best DTM Mercedes Long Beach
2008 BMW vs MB BEST/MILD/WILD Mercedes
I also entered for the mild competition but left before anything was announced.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART

Very sorry you feel that way Al as you are free to state your opinion, but why try to discouraged others when the majority of people had a good time? Obvisously you came down for one thing and that was to take something home. This was a free event so I'm not sure how much you were expecting. The main purpose of this meet was to bring the 2 communities together and have a good time as indicated in my original post. The carshow element was there just to get the guys hyped up for some friendly competition.

You may have misunderstood Chris in the begining. When I spoke to Chris on Saturday to touch bases we had 4 awards made up and that was the plan from day one when I came on board with the planning. Did Chris state it was 6 awards at the show? It was Best BMW, Best Mercedes, and a Mild and Wild class where both BMW and Mercedes competed in. So there were 3 awards the Benz guy could have took home. I too have copies of the emails and no where did it state 6 awards overall.

As far as judges I wanted to have about 5 but only had 3 due to it being hard to find a judge that isn't bias to either make that day since both makes were competing for Mild and Wild.

Judges were:
Stephany is from H&R and is ASE certified level 3
Nathan Simmons owner of Custom and Classic Collision
Eloy is the owner of Race Precision Inc.

All 3 are respected people in the industry.

hmm... I was one of the main helpers. I chose not judge since I am good friends with alot of the the competitors and eliminate any chatter that may happen that it was fixed.

I could understand if Chris's additude changed as I consider myself to be a very passive person and takes alot to get my feather ruffled, but this would bother me as well. (hence why I am replying) We put together a FREE event that took alot of time for the people behind the scenes to make happen. We are trying to give back to the community by making this happen. We front money to make everything happen only to hope to break even at the end of the day. In no way did we do this event to make any profit only to have an event provided free/low cost to the attendees. Even one of the models that has been to many shows was surprised that everything provided, food, drinks, entrance and car entry was all no cost. She said we are too nice.

Originally Posted by Chris/Laidback
We will have a very nice glass plaque with holder for the winners, gifts and some free stuff, no cash...and most especially bragging rights! we will have a best of BMW and Best of Mercedes, Wild and Mild winners...hope to see you there
Okay the plaques were not glass since doing so would have put us more over budget. Once again I am sorry you went home empty handed w/ no bragging rights, but wish you would have attempted to have a good time instead of standing by your car waiting for the judges.

Al you have met me on more than one ocassion and know my personality. In no way take this as a slap in the face only stating my opinion just as you did. No harm, no foul in my book. I see this event wasn't geared towards what you were looking it to be and forwarded your feedback to the others like I said I would.

i didn't stay long enuf for the awards but i did notice this event should've been called "BMW vs others" meet...
Well, maybe if we represented like the BMW guys you wouldn't feel that way I did my best to get all of the guys out

Last edited by MiKeSSw203; 04-23-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Well, maybe if we represented like the BMW guys you wouldn't feel that way I did my best to get all of the guys out
yeah, i know... would've been nice to see equal # of benzes represent...
Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
oh the drama!

I agree with Mike, it was a free event and a lot of things, including the trophies, were provided at no cost.

Looking at this thread, how many MB's RSVP'd? About 33, I didn't see more than a dozen at the event. It's kinda hard to expect them to select 3 winners when there are only 12 cars in the running (and less than that were actual contenders).

No offense to OPAL, but man, it sounds like you expected to be handed a trophy. Come on now, your car is sick and was one of the dopest ones at the event, but you can't expect to be automatically handed a trophy for it.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Don't worry, Mike. I didn't take your repsonse as a slap in the face. I know you worked your *** off to help out as much as possible for this event. You even brought out Kay Valentine =)

My anger is geared toward the head promoter. He is a jack-***, and , damn...i wish someone had a video of the anouncer guy stating there would be 6 awards. He needs to keep the show an all-BMW show as he showed the Mercedes owners absolutely no respect.

SO once again, Mercedes owners, STAY AWAY FROM ANY BMWFEST events. It's a total waste of time!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by nlpamg
oh the drama!

I agree with Mike, it was a free event and a lot of things, including the trophies, were provided at no cost.

Looking at this thread, how many MB's RSVP'd? About 33, I didn't see more than a dozen at the event. It's kinda hard to expect them to select 3 winners when there are only 12 cars in the running (and less than that were actual contenders).

No offense to OPAL, but man, it sounds like you expected to be handed a trophy. Come on now, your car is sick and was one of the dopest ones at the event, but you can't expect to be automatically handed a trophy for it.

I don't expect ANYTHING to be handed to me. Jon's CLS is a sick car, and I have absolutely no problem with his car winning.

The entire point of my frustration and anger is geared towards the promoter telling me one thing, and doing something else.

Even if the promoter finally realizes that he made a mistake, and issues an apology for the misunderstanding, I would accept it and call it a day......

but he actually challenged me to post up my opinions on the forums, and this is what i'm doing.

e60 forums , mymbonline, and e90 post are next.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
yeah, i know... would've been nice to see equal # of benzes represent...

+1
Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I don't expect ANYTHING to be handed to me. Jon's CLS is a sick car, and I have absolutely no problem with his car winning.

The entire point of my frustration and anger is geared towards the promoter telling me one thing, and doing something else.

Even if the promoter finally realizes that he made a mistake, and issues an apology for the misunderstanding, I would accept it and call it a day......

but he actually challenged me to post up my opinions on the forums, and this is what i'm doing.

ah, I didn't know that bro. if the promoter gave me **** and challeneged me, I'd be pissed too.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't worry, Mike. I didn't take your repsonse as a slap in the face. I know you worked your *** off to help out as much as possible for this event. You even brought out Kay Valentine =)

My anger is geared toward the head promoter. He is a jack-***, and , damn...i wish someone had a video of the anouncer guy stating there would be 6 awards. He needs to keep the show an all-BMW show as he showed the Mercedes owners absolutely no respect.

SO once again, Mercedes owners, STAY AWAY FROM ANY BMWFEST events. It's a total waste of time!!!!!!!!
aahhh... KAy she was my highlight that day
back on topic

Over the past 3 weeks I have had a chance to sitdown w/ Chris many times. He has much respect for the Mercedes community. It was his idea to bring me on board and invite all the Mercedes. They didn't need us *** they could have had a sucessful all BMW event. Sure at the event him and I did some smack talking to each other in public, but that was all fun and games since we know both of us have much respect for the other side. When going through the planning he wanted to make sure that all the benz guys were taken care of. At 1st he wanted to give the main row in front of the vendors to all the Mercedes and park the BMW's placed there in a less desirable location. I opted not to as most of the very nice MBZ would be in the competion side or with vendors. Plus this would have caused more conflict on his end w/ the othe BMW series. I asked for the space were all the MB's non competing were parked. He disagreed but I insisted to ensure a better overall appearance and maintain conflict on his end. I think he has much respect for MBZ owners IMHO.

I understand this event was a stepping stone to bring us together. With this being our 1st event I knew we would have people we wouldn't be able to please. I appreciated your feedback and we will take it in consideration to make sure everything is clarified before hand. Anyone else with constructive feedback please let yourself be heard so we can work to make these events better for the real enthusiasts.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Al I have complete copies of the emails. I know you are questioning the judging. If someone was trying to scare me by posting their feedback and try and bash something I worked hard for I would also let him do so and dig his own hole. What was the mistake that was made? What corrective action would you have like to seen take place? I know that there may have been some miscommunication as award classes when Mild and Wild BMW and MBZ were combined and will make sure that is very clear next time around.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
lexus LS
this one has true 'side curtains'

I love this guys LS...HOT!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nlpamg
ah, I didn't know that bro. if the promoter gave me **** and challeneged me, I'd be pissed too.
lol Phil is a mod that loves drama. Kickback and enjoy the show I asked the BMW guys to let me handle this as it may ruin what we were working to accomplish. Hopefully they listen.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

lol Phil is a mod that loves drama. Kickback and enjoy the show I asked the BMW guys to let me handle this as it may ruin what we were working to accomplish. Hopefully they listen.

all G. I commend all you guys for all your hard work.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

almost forgot why I can here... more pics

Acouple other pics taken by JJ Batte :thumbup: others can be seen on the sites album

a couple more from Auktane

Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
yeah, it was 1st combined meet... can't expect everything to go as planned...
on 2nd round, i'd like to see Cs lined up in 1 aisle and 3s lined up in the opposite aisle... FACE-OFF!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW vs MB Round one 4/20/08